Thread: Screenshot Competition - Round VIII : Voting

Arrow Screenshot Competition - Round VIII : Voting

Time to vote again!

Voting will be open from today, Sunday the 12th of August until next Sunday the 19th of August.

Give 3 points to your favourite entry, two points to your second favourite, and one point to your third favourite. Participants and non-participants are welcome to vote. You don't have to give feedback on your choices if you don't want to, but we do appreciate your comments if you're willing to give them.

As I haven't mastered the URL links like in other Voting threads, I shall post the original thread below for you to choose your three favourites
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=71468

Good luck to everyone and Sorry for the inconveinience
    'I Make My Own Luck..'
    - Lara Croft

Well as always a very tough decision but after a good look again at the entries here are my votes (well done to all and good luck!)

Dukem: 3 points. I know how hard you worked to get that timed just right and it was worth percevering as it is a funny and clever shot.

Milli Croft: 2 points. Again, split second timing and that is a challenging shot for not only did you have to wait for the lightening to strike in the right spot but you had to stoop Lara AND take the shot at the exact moment!

Lara's Bro: 1 point. I like the way you have capturewd Lara with the camera in front of her, she looks as though she is levitating Either that or she's missing a big wooden cross and thorny tiara

Thumbs Up

3 Points Lo: I think it must be hard to made this screen, because the Dinosaur is flying around.
    2 Points Atheist: Wow, it looks beautiful. I love this place in the level.
    1 Point Dukem: It looks like, as if Lara would have her foot under the hammer. I like the picture.

Thank you very much for my points Milli!

3 points - Lo - lol, ain't it just funny. And hey, it's a shot from The Lost Artifact, one of my favorite games.

2 points - Dukem - Lara looks might resiliant in that one.

1 point - Milli Croft - don't know how you did that, but it does look cool.

Unfortunately I couldn't submit a screenshot in time. Oh well, there's always next round.

these are my votes, as i predicted this was way harder than last time but i finally made up my mind, drum roll please

Milli Croft-3 points: i love this shot! you must have lightning reflexes to pull of a shot like that (do you see what i did there )

Lo-2 points: a perfectly executed shot, funny title, as always and see as this is the FUN screen shot competition i think that is a great feature.

Atheist-1 point: your shots are always atmospheric, this one is no exception, i also like the fact that your shot is of young lara.

(p.s thanks for my point Lo )

Thank you Treeble and Adem for my points and for the comments

Arrow

Great shots everyone
    3 Points - Milli Croft, perfect timing, great shot and I personally love this level in TR:A
    2 Points - Dukem, for the same reasons as Milli
    1 Point - Lo, For starters I absolutely love the title, very funny indeed! And again, great timing!
    'I Make My Own Luck..'
    - Lara Croft

Thank you Pink!

By the way Treeble, It was not until about my sixth go on TLA that I discovered that little cave leading to the lava and dinosaurs. Don't you just love it when after all that time you suddenly discover a whole new area to explore?

That's happened to me a few times - like when I finished the Coastal Village in TR3, climbed down from the treehouse and tried once to retrace my steps only to walk into earth tremors and falling roks - mostly people just cross the marsh but you should go back round to the now blocked off area - the camera shakes, it's groovy!

3 points - Millie Croft: I absolutely love this picture. I don't know if it was luck or if you meant to do that, but it's great either way. I actually said "wow" when I saw it
    2 points - Lo: I know from experience of trying to get similar shots that it must've been tricky. Those animals just don't co-operate, and even if you get them in the right position, it doesn't mean your fingers are going to be co-ordinated enough the hit the screenshot key at the right time.
    1 point - Atheist: I like how you got the view of Lara diving from below. It takes a good knowledge of the games to know where the camera zooms out while you're diving so you can get a different-looking shot like that.

Sorry I didn't enter this week. My older sister arrived in London from South Africa so I've been a bit distracted. I did try to get some screenies, but I didn't think they were good enough to enter, or they were of too similar a theme to what had already been posted.

First of all, let me thank everybody who has voted for me! I really value your appreciation.

Lo - 3 Points - As I said before, I love this shot because I can just imagine the two colliding!

Milli Croft - 2 Points - As Lo said, that shot must have taken ages to get right! Congrats for having the patience!

Lara's Bro - 1 Point - A stunning picture, patience really is a virtue! (in the case of this comp at least! )

Good luck to everyone!

Lara's Bro: 3
    Dukem: 2
    Phlip: 1
    "I'm up for a little heresy"

OMG thanks Dukem!

No problem I really love that shot!!

P.S. Is messenger screwing up for you again?? (damn those teabreaks!! )

thankyou atheist, i did not expect 3 points

thankyou Dukem, i liked your shot by the way

3 points; milli croft excellent shot looked a dificult shot to get!

2 points; lo good shot and funny caption.

1 point; touch of pink beautiful shot, one of my fav levels.

Big Grin

Thank you for my first and only point Humbug! There are some great shots this round, I knew I didn't stand a chance from the word go
    'I Make My Own Luck..'
    - Lara Croft

3pts. lara's_bro Superb facing shot of swan dive.

2pts. Lo Excellent line-up timing.

1pt. Milli Croft Nice timing and not getting electrocuted in the process of waiting for the bolt.

Arrow Screenshot Competition Results

Here are the results everyone and we happen to have 2 winners this round!

Milli Croft - 18 Points
    Lo - 18 Points

Dukem - 10 Points
    Lara's_bro - 8 Points
    Atheist - 4 Points
    Phlip - 1 Point
    TouchOfPink - 1 Point

Excellent work Milli and Lo, a deserved win for you both!
    And of course well done to all!

Big Grin

LOL, thanks for your Points.

Thank you all very much - I shall PM Milli and so we can set up a new round, round IX already! We'll both choose a theme

I'll set it up when I have heard back from Milli and Milli can take care of the voting if she agrees as I am not good at linking the shots up like her good self

Well done Lo & Milli Croft! Sorry my comment is a bit belated, I've been rather quiet on the forums these last few days.

Fankoo Dukem