Thread: FFXIV: Concerning Fees and Payments

FFXIV: Concerning Fees and Payments

Hello!

Don't know if anyone has any idea of this (mainly, if there's any official people hanging around this forums): I'm looking to buy (and play) XIV:ARR from the SE store. I'm from Ecuador and have an international CC issued by my local bank. Works great for Amazon and other online purchases, and friends have reported success buying from SE store. Shipping address would be in the USA (courier) so that's not - hopefully - an issue.

I'm more curious about: did XIV 1.0 at some point allow direct credit card payments (for monthly subs) instead of relying on those other companies? Click and Buy? Can't remember the name. I tried to play 1.0 at launch, but it was impossible - there was no direct CC option and that company wouldn't accept my CC (or even reply to my mails) so... not great. I would love to simply use my CC to sub to ARR (kinda like I do with other MMOs, like WoW)... can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or help with this topic.

Wtf.. Could someone confirm for me this -- There's gonna be a cash shop?... A subscription model with cash shop? ._. ....

The reason I'm very excited and looking forward for this game is because I thought it wouldn't have a cash shop ! A subscription of $15 a month is well enough for me, I'd much rather have an economy based on the game itself and not premium items that more fortunate people can shed money on...

No Cash Shop.

Think about it like this. Monthly paid subscription base games are most likely to have BETTER communities. There are less trolls and jerks in the game. And there is no cash shop in ARR (At least not yet. It's been confirmed to not have any.) So if you're a heavy cash shop users, this better on your end. If you typically spend over 15 dollars a month on the same game, you'll be saving money.

Edit: If there is a cash shop in the future, Naoki Yoshida will make sure it won't be game breaking. And it'll probably be vanity items, like minions that can't attack or fight. Just for looks basely. Or gears. Etc. So if you have the extra money and you want to look pretty. Buy it.

Plus with ARR, Yoshida Naoki made sure to make the game the kind you work hard to rise and not the kind you pay to rise. It's not a Pay2Win game basically. And even when 1.0 FAILED. HORRIBLY. It was still subscription base. So don't think this game will end up like Tera or the other games. Final Fantasy have MANY loyal fans. So the game will still be quite popular after years to come. I mean look at Final Fantasy XI. They just had their ELEVENTH anniversary. 11 years of monthly paid subscription.

Now imagine ARR, with it's graphics, Yoshida Naoki as the director and producer (The fact that he talks with his gamers already shows improvement compared to vast majority of the games.), the already updated game play and everything else compared to its predecessor is a huge improvement. This game will last a good while and will be your moneys worth. Since it took them less than a year to change the game from 1.0.

You can see what kind of expansions, updates, and patches the game will recieve in the near future. And it'll be quickly too. And if they work that hard to fix the game, then imagine if there's any bugs or glitches, those will be fixed easily too. And in my opinion, those kind of things take forever for some game companies to work on or fix.

Well yeah, monthly subscription isn't so bad too if you have a job.

That's good to hear then. Most likely will solidify my preorder after checking out the beta (might preorder anyway even if I don't get to participate lol). I'm tired of F2P models and their cash shops, this game will be a very welcome breath of fresh air, especially since I didn't get to experience FF XI. More excited now, keep up the good work Squeenix, can't wait !

Originally Posted by imported_Luis
    Hello!

Don't know if anyone has any idea of this (mainly, if there's any official people hanging around this forums): I'm looking to buy (and play) XIV:ARR from the SE store. I'm from Ecuador and have an international CC issued by my local bank. Works great for Amazon and other online purchases, and friends have reported success buying from SE store. Shipping address would be in the USA (courier) so that's not - hopefully - an issue.

I'm more curious about: did XIV 1.0 at some point allow direct credit card payments (for monthly subs) instead of relying on those other companies? Click and Buy? Can't remember the name. I tried to play 1.0 at launch, but it was impossible - there was no direct CC option and that company wouldn't accept my CC (or even reply to my mails) so... not great. I would love to simply use my CC to sub to ARR (kinda like I do with other MMOs, like WoW)... can anyone shed some light on this?

Crysta can be bought with a Credit Card directly, if I recall, or even Paypal, and your Sub can be paid through Crysta. Other than that, It's sort of up in the air until the game releases.

Originally Posted by imported_Luis
    Hello!

Did you try purchasing crysta before and using that? Using your CC directly won't work but there are 2 other ways other than the crysta method which is ultimate pay and click and buy Im not sure on those two and you really can't test it out right now. Hope some other 1.0 / XI players can read this and shed some further info :>

Originally Posted by Saha

Think about it like this. Monthly paid subscription base games are most likely to have BETTER communities. There are less trolls and jerks in the game. And there is no cash shop in ARR (At least not yet. It's been confirmed to not have any.) So if you're a heavy cash shop users, this better on your end. If you typically spend over 15 dollars a month on the same game, you'll be saving money.

Edit: If there is a cash shop in the future, Naoki Yoshida will make sure it won't be game breaking. And it'll probably be vanity items, like minions that can't attack or fight. Just for looks basely. Or gears. Etc. So if you have the extra money and you want to look pretty. Buy it.

Plus with ARR, Yoshida Naoki made sure to make the game the kind you work hard to rise and not the kind you pay to rise. It's not a Pay2Win game basically. And even when 1.0 FAILED. HORRIBLY. It was still subscription base. So don't think this game will end up like Tera or the other games. Final Fantasy have MANY loyal fans. So the game will still be quite popular after years to come. I mean look at Final Fantasy XI. They just had their ELEVENTH anniversary. 11 years of monthly paid subscription.

Now imagine ARR, with it's graphics, Yoshida Naoki as the director and producer (The fact that he talks with his gamers already shows improvement compared to vast majority of the games.), the already updated game play and everything else compared to its predecessor is a huge improvement. This game will last a good while and will be your moneys worth. Since it took them less than a year to change the game from 1.0.

You can see what kind of expansions, updates, and patches the game will recieve in the near future. And it'll be quickly too. And if they work that hard to fix the game, then imagine if there's any bugs or glitches, those will be fixed easily too. And in my opinion, those kind of things take forever for some game companies to work on or fix.

Well yeah, monthly subscription isn't so bad too if you have a job.

All true, Another difference with FF14 and other MMo's that turned to F2P model is that SE has a ton of money backing em. They already poured so much into this and even if it didn't sell THAT well during the 1.0 days they didn't go / put up / is less likely to put up a cash shop they can recoup their money on subs alone and expansion prices. Although IF they did put a cash shop up the only reason I'd see is if they we're greedy to get their money back really fast... *gives a quick glance at the SE logo* I guess there's a chance of that -.- But seeing the graphics alone is better than 11 I can see this game having more subscribers and making a ton more money as long as they don't majorly do something silly.

One thing I don't agree though is that P2P models do have a lot of douche's like 13 year olds who blame everything on everyone else even if it is their fault and yes I'm referring to wow

Okay first of all, I haven't seen so much as a word about a cash shop. I think the OP is just pulling that right out of their ass. Second, as I recall Yoshi-P said he felt that the F2P model was about getting money quicker through microtransactions and that this was unnecessary with A Realm Reborn. The game is already cheaper than most Pay to Play games I've seen, even without Legacy pricings or buying several months at a discounted bundle price.

Lastly, let's not play pretend in regards to community. Having money to spend on a game in no way makes you not a troll or a jerk, and there are plenty of trolls is in largescale P2P games. Jerks, douchebags, and all-around rude people are not limited to a specific income bracket and I doubt we'll see less of them around in Final Fantasy XIV just because you have to pay. If anything, I've found players to be a little colder in P2P model games, particularly FFXI. On the other hand, in F2P games like Ragnarok or B2P like Guild Wars 2, I made friends pretty easily. I guess what I'm trying to say is that people can be bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling regardless of how much dough they have to shell out.

I appreciate this discussion, and I approach it more from the standpoint of the op than a seasoned mmo player. I have only just started playing FFXI on PC, I'm still in the trial period, and I do not play any other MMOs. Truthfully, my opposition to MMOs is based more on emotional thinking than experience, as a good friend of mine's wife left him for a guy in Texas (she's from NC) whom she met in a guild! But, I can recognize that this anectdote doesn't typify the format in any way.

Having said all that, I was initially disappointed that FFXIV would carry a monthly charge. My reasons were mostly along the lines of the op. "I only have so much money each month to spend on games, and a monthly fee would cut into that," and so forth. But, after talking to a few SE members about it, I can see that this really, for me, falls into the category of, "Am I willing to try new things?"

OP, I hear you. But, if you are a fan of the Final Fantasy series, and if you think SE is one of the best game developers (I make no assumptions on your behalf about either of those premises, but hope they are true for you), then I would encourage you to give this new p2p FF title a good try. The online fee, if I'm not mistaken, would be less than the cost of three new games per year. Not that much, and you may discover that you really love this game.

Originally Posted by Lalo
    Hi
    I just found myself kinda upset when I realize FFXIV:ARR require a monthly fee.... this monthly fee reduced my desire to get it. If you already selling the copy (and if you want to play eitherway on your PC or your PS3 you must paid for 2 copies) and you will put a cash shop why you should had to charge a fee. I don't get it and Im not whining I'm just saying with that montly fee you lose me. And I'm a hardcore cashopper but Unfortunately im not paying montly fees to play a game. Maybe one day when this came become rid of monthly's fees I will pay for a copy of FFXIV

Ill just copy what I said in another thread

I pay subs for access to the servers and investments so they can profit and develop more content so I can play to earn it ... not so they can turn it around and charge me more for it then send it to my mailbox. Yes, that includes vanity costumes or anything more than Blizzard does with WoW and even that is dangerously close to the line. Part of the reason I even got this game was because its one of the few that still sticks to the sub method and even though I hated FFXI it did a decent job of keeping a good P2P sub model.

There are plenty of "good" f2p games out there and very few MMOs backed by companies with enough dignity and respect for their customers (and their product) to keep the game P2P. If this game was f2p or even if it brings in a cash shop that has one too many items in it, I wont play. At all. The thing that makes you upset is what makes others happy. Youre paying for server access and maintenance, and the promise of future FREE content. So ... with all due respect; Get a job or GTFO. $13 a month is 2 hours of minimum wage work and costs no more than a trip to a 2 hour movie at a theatre... well worth ANYONES entertainment value if they like MMO video games.

P.S: Funny how you say youre a "hardcore cashopper" yet hate having access to everything for $13 a month is too much for you.[img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif[/img]

Thanks for the replies [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif[/img]

I tried buying Crystal but for some reason (which I suspect is related to my country of origin/registration) the CC option never showed up. I could only "do it" through Click and Buy, and as I previously mentioned that didn't work (they didn't respond to customer support emails), so that's why I couldn't pay/play XIV 1.0.

I was lucky enough to get into ARR's Beta, even with my current registration (which clearly states that I'm from Ecuador) so I kinda have hopes they'll open themselves a bit more to other countries' CCs. If for ARR I can just enter my CC to buy Crysta then all will be well. Or my Paypal (which is also linked to my local CC) [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif[/img]

I mean, I'm pretty sure a lot of people in Latin America would love to play XIV without recurring to creating fake US accounts (*cough PSN cough*) or jumping through hoops just to give SE our money!

Well I dont think you will be playing FFXIV alot of MMO's have monthly fees because it cost money for them to upkeep the servers and cost money for DLC so f you want a smooth server u will have to pay they charge you 40 dollars for the game with a free month as well but its 12 dollars a month most charge 15 I will gladly pay for a an awesome MMO experience

Originally Posted by imported_Leaferian

Okay first of all, I haven't seen so much as a word about a cash shop. I think the OP is just pulling that right out of their ass. Second, as I recall Yoshi-P said he felt that the F2P model was about getting money quicker through microtransactions and that this was unnecessary with A Realm Reborn. The game is already cheaper than most Pay to Play games I've seen, even without Legacy pricings or buying several months at a discounted bundle price.

Lastly, let's not play pretend in regards to community. Having money to spend on a game in no way makes you not a troll or a jerk, and there are plenty of trolls is in largescale P2P games. Jerks, douchebags, and all-around rude people are not limited to a specific income bracket and I doubt we'll see less of them around in Final Fantasy XIV just because you have to pay. If anything, I've found players to be a little colder in P2P model games, particularly FFXI. On the other hand, in F2P games like Ragnarok or B2P like Guild Wars 2, I made friends pretty easily. I guess what I'm trying to say is that people can be bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling regardless of how much dough they have to shell out.

Yoshi-P talked about their payment model plans in one of the Live Letters. You're right about what he said, but he also left the door open to change or adjust to need/demand. Although I highly doubt they will stray from the current model.

Not sure why you're going off on a tirade about the community aspect. I think I'm the only one that brought up the communities here, and the only word I used was morons, and nothing about income brackets. I didn't say every mmo either, so there is alot of misrepresentation if that is refering to my comment. I used the word morons with a specific group of people in mind, which are kids. Most kids play F2P games over P2P, and I am highly disturbed by immaturity. Just a peeve of mine.

The FFXI community was alot better when the first couple of expansions came out, because everyone needed the same things and had the same goals. The game is alot different nowadays since there is so much content, and alot of it is soloable or accomplished with few people, it's hard because alot of people are doing different things in a smaller community with more content. But I found if you're nice and your looking for endgame content, it's not hard to find good people to help and help you out.

Completely agree for one why let you make a SE account if they wont let you play SE games right? Hope there's a way around it. If ever I find anything I'll bump the info to ya. So the only option you have Click and buy. Sadly they only implemented Prepaid Cards to EU hopefully they come towards LA too

Well since the subject of gaming personalities came up, I can honestly say I've yet to run into blatantly rude or obnoxious gamers thus far. As far as the forums go at least. Ive seen difference of opinions and everything from happy go lucky to stern with a battle plan to take over Eorzea.

The thing is, there will ALWAYS be people you don't find funny, believe are too serious, or just plain don't mesh with. What matters is how people react to it. We tend to lose focus of the game and zero in on the line of text that pops up with that character name that drives us to plow a fist straight through the monitor.

I personally like to find a good group of guys and girls that DO mesh and have fun while also compliment eachothers playstyle. If most the population on the game is anywhere near the great personalities I've seen on here....I'd say we have a great start and can't wait to meet you all.

Unless of course I'm one of those character names.....which I'll apologize ahead of time. lol : )

Hope to see you in eorza fubar Although I think since the OP didn't even reply even once I think its safe to say he just wanted to start something negative. And I think what leafarian said about the stereotyping was aimed towards my previous post which was just a personal experience of mine. Surprisingly I encountered less arses on the f2p that I played recently

Most definately! The more the better for this game.

Not sure what system you will be playing on but I'll be on PS3. PSN: Fubar4585

If not just stay in contact and we'll meet up eventually.

Cross platform is so great. ha!

We'll if ever we end up playing on the same world why not. bt I'm using the pc platform for now prolly will try the ps3 when I get my new tv iono's yet

Hope so, too! The usual "why don't you want my money" internet phrase comes to mind

Let's hope the problems I had at 1.0 launch can be resolved - and payment options expanded - for ARR's launch.

I just looked on the pricing information sheet for FFXIV: ARR and there is going to be a service fee of 12.99/month. I could of swore when they announced the revamp of FFXIV they were making ARR free to play. Anyone have any information on why they made the change? Also I am looking for the collectors edition to preorder online but amazon/walmart/ebay/gamestop don't have it listed and the only place to get it is on the official Square Enix website. Anyone else having this issue?

Originally Posted by imported_Richard
    I just looked on the pricing information sheet for FFXIV: ARR and there is going to be a service fee of 12.99/month. I could of swore when they announced the revamp of FFXIV they were making ARR free to play. Anyone have any information on why they made the change? Also I am looking for the collectors edition to preorder online but amazon/walmart/ebay/gamestop don't have it listed and the only place to get it is on the official Square Enix website. Anyone else having this issue?

They were never going to make the game Free To Play. Maybe you read something like people can play it for free while they were revamping everything. Maybe. Anyways, if Final Fantasy XI didn't become Free To Play, I'm pretty sure FFXIV: ARR wouldn't either. And it's been eleven years for FFXI too.

www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Collect...

www.amazon.com/dp/B00CX9L30W

I don't have a problem finding it. I think it's better buying it from either SE Store or Amazon. I don't trust Walmart/Ebay/or GameStop but if you had to choose one of the three, choose GameStop.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by imported_Richard
    Yes was free to play durng the revamp. Also I feel its just better to get the game from SE. I feel it supports the game better by bying directly from the source and cuts out the middle man and any extra fees that may entail for SE.

Actually hes a fan too (of FF series), so he knows that we are what makes good a game ...

Originally Posted by chaneke

Actually hes a fan too (of FF series), so he knows that we are what makes good a game ...

That goes without saying.

Page 3 of 20 First First 123456713 ... Last