Thread: -->Focus Group Activities Completed - Thank you Notes

-->Focus Group Activities Completed - Thank you Notes

-->Focus Group Activities Completed - Thank you Notes

I thought that since the activities are winding down in this BS:M2 Focus Group forum we can say some final words and offer the thank you notes for the contributors.

From my point of view it was a great opportunity to discuss many aspects of this game and it was a clear proof that a good team can achieve much more than a few individuals. The amount of ideas we piled up here should be enough for more than just one BS:M2 release.

On the critical side (well I always has to say something bothering, right? ) I was totally surprised by the absolute lack of interaction from EIDOS. I truly hoped that this will be a TWO WAY discussion and EIDOS is going to actively provide feedback on our ideas and even ask back for clarifications if needed. Anyways.

So after all this - it was good to learn a bit more about a few of you - who is behind the "nickname".
    Thanks for the constructive mindset and your involvement. I was a honor for me working with you.

Thanks for EIDOS for the opportunity and I hope they won't forget what we have said here and there will be some follow-ups from time to time.

Good Job Everyone.
    Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

Maybe we might hear more yet, Kier's on holiday last I knew.

Cheers though, all the same .

-Lexxy.

I rekon there all off trying the new beta multiplayer 'World in Conflict' and will be bak on the weekends.

Either way thnx for organising the focus group pples its nice to feel like we contribute a bit maybe to the sequal.

Originally Posted by It3llig3nc3
    I thought that since the activities are winding down in this BS:M2 Focus Group forum we can say some final words and offer the thank you notes for the contributors.

From my point of view it was a great opportunity to discuss many aspects of this game and it was a clear proof that a good team can achieve much more than a few individuals. The amount of ideas we piled up here should be enough for more than just one BS:M2 release.
    I agree, thanks everyone. It's really been appreciated. I was expecting a lot of feedback, but the amount of *quality* thoughts, views and opinions this has generated has surpassed even my highest expectations. So thanks again.

Originally Posted by It3llig3nc3
    On the critical side (well I always has to say something bothering, right? ) I was totally surprised by the absolute lack of interaction from EIDOS. I truly hoped that this will be a TWO WAY discussion and EIDOS is going to actively provide feedback on our ideas and even ask back for clarifications if needed. Anyways.
    I have been away, but the idea of this was to hear the community's thoughts and opinions. I'm now currently going through each thread with a fine tooth comb collating the the feedback into a manageable document which is going to the dev team.

Once again, thanks everyone for all your time and effort, it's really appreciated and hopefully it will really benefit future titles.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    There are allot of well written thoughts as Keir said. A big Thank You goes out to everyone.

so when will we get our checks in the mail?

Any Chance at Beta Testing?

Beta testing thats a fine idea, any thoughts kier if Edios are thinking of Beta trialing this new game?

Id sure be willing to donate my time to the cause....

Thank you Keir for letting us take part in this forum. I really hope that it does some good. We all want this game to work out for the best and make the most improvments possible to not only make this community proud of the game, but to bring more people into what I hope will become a battlestations franchise.

I also hope that this fourm is left open to us so that if any more questions that "pop up" during development we could all get together and talk it though.

Thanks again Eidos for this.

and thank you to everyone involved.

Thank you Keir for selecting me to be in here, and giving me the chance to work with these wonderful guys and letting me help with the development of a great new game. It is been a truly joyful experience.

I think that a lot of great ideas were conveyed in this focus group. Some of these I would have never thought of, like, Sith's idea for straight torpedoes for sub to sub combat. I would have never thought about using the RB to do that.

Also, Keir, is there a chance that this forum could either stay open for us in case we want to drop in and say something, or close it to posting and release it to the public? And another question, is there a chance that we will beta test this game? I would love to feel the game play as soon as possible!

Well, once again, it has been a great experience with you all. I really am looking forward to the next game, and hope to see you all on when it comes out, even you windows live guys if it becomes windows live!

Originally Posted by Sith Darthfoxx
    Any Chance at Beta Testing?
    Originally Posted by Dogmeatz
    Beta testing thats a fine idea, any thoughts kier if Edios are thinking of Beta trialing this new game?

Id sure be willing to donate my time to the cause....
    I asked about this a while ago. If we get a green light you guys will be on board for sure.

Originally Posted by Keir
    I asked about this a while ago. If we get a green light you guys will be on board for sure.
    That would be outstanding!

This was a lot of fun, everyone did a good job and I think we produced some well thought out, viable ideas. I was impressed with everyone.

13. in the name of my whole clan i also wanna thx to be involved and to be here! i think we see some good and intressting innovations for the next BSM game ,for a beta test we re also here if eidos want!!
    wishes AKAGI

Kier,

thanks for inviting me into the discussion. It was a nice well rounded group and I hope our small contribution will lead to improvement on an already fantastic product.