Thread: Star Ocean PS4?!

Star Ocean PS4?!

Star Ocean PS4?!

Any chance of one on the way? I need more Star Ocean and a new one on PS4 would be amazing!

Originally Posted by korra_lover
    Any chance of one on the way? I need more Star Ocean and a new one on PS4 would be amazing!
    I wish I could tell you "yes". But, according to "Tri-Ace", SO4 was the end of the road for the series. Personally, I think more "Star Ocean" games need to be made. They could make a game with "Crowe" from "SO4" as the main character. If you've seen his ending in SO4, it appears that 'he's' the hero who's supposed to eventually put down that demon on Roak. Edge's crew prevented the demon's resurrection. But, according to "Lady Eleyna", it was only a temporary fix. She told Edge this in SO4. I think there's some potential here for another great "Star Ocean" game.

tri-Ace is currently working on a Vita game called Phantasy Star Nova, but I would be really interested in seeing what they can do for PS4. Especially after that tech demo they posted on YouTube in 2011. They're one of my fav Japanese developers.

Originally Posted by moooka
    tri-Ace is currently working on a Vita game called Phantasy Star Nova, but I would be really interested in seeing what they can do for PS4. Especially after that tech demo they posted on YouTube in 2011. They're one of my fav Japanese developers.
    I have to wait a while to get a PS4. It may be the middle to the end of next year by the time I can afford it. There are some PS3 games I want to grab. That's actually part of the reason. Man, I'd love to see a new "Star Ocean" game. I know 'one' story has concluded. It doesn't mean that more can't be written.

While it would be nice to see, the trophy hunter side of me is practically vomiting at the mere thought. Besides, tri-Ace really need to be getting on with Valkyrie Profile 3.

Originally Posted by alanman178
    I wish I could tell you "yes". But, according to "Tri-Ace", SO4 was the end of the road for the series. Personally, I think more "Star Ocean" games need to be made. They could make a game with "Crowe" from "SO4" as the main character. If you've seen his ending in SO4, it appears that 'he's' the hero who's supposed to eventually put down that demon on Roak. Edge's crew prevented the demon's resurrection. But, according to "Lady Eleyna", it was only a temporary fix. She told Edge this in SO4. I think there's some potential here for another great "Star Ocean" game.
    Uh, no, there's 0 potential there for another Star Ocean at all. Roddick Farrence from Star Ocean 1/First Departure, is Crowe and Eleynas descendant and is the one who deals with Asmodeus long after the events of The Last Hope.

Originally Posted by Malroth
    Uh, no, there's 0 potential there for another Star Ocean at all. Roddick Farrence from Star Ocean 1/First Departure, is Crowe and Eleynas descendant and is the one who deals with Asmodeus long after the events of The Last Hope.
    Well, I didn't know that. lol SO1, huh... I missed that game because it was remade for the frickin' PSP. Of course, you know that also means I missed out on the SO2(My favorite SO game) remake. It's a cruel world. Thanks for the reply. My bad.

I wish they would remake one for the PS4 it would look amazing but it's been a long time since we heard anything from them so yes it's kind of doubtful right now

IF their is money to be made? You can almost guarantee their will a Ps4 version that a fanboys :P

Tell you i will reach out to my "sources" and see what they say? Nothing yet, BUT I did find out abut a new AC game to bad this wasn't Ubisoft official forums
    Last edited by ZombieCoffin; 1st Mar 2014 at 06:46.

I wasn't satisfied enough with The Last Hope. It was a decent enough game, but it was nothing compared to its predecessors. I was kind of hoping they'd try and bring it back when the PS4 came out, but if that's not the case I'm going to go into a corner and cry.

Unfortunately I was only introduced to the Star Ocean series a little over a year ago when someone recommended it to me. I have Star Ocean The Last Hope for PS3 and really love this game. I would really like to play the others!

Originally Posted by ZombieCoffin
    IF their is money to be made? You can almost guarantee their will a Ps4 version that a fanboys :P

Tell you i will reach out to my "sources" and see what they say? Nothing yet, BUT I did find out abut a new AC game to bad this wasn't Ubisoft official forums
    All you have to do is use google to find out that the producer has lost interest in the series and actually wanted to make an eroge instead. The series is pretty much dead after it's creator goes down that path.

Such a shame.

Originally Posted by JRuivo
    Such a shame.
    I know. One person loses interest, and thousands of people and an entire franchise get to suffer. It really sucks. Gain our interest, take our money, and walk away. I know that sounds harsh, but that's just how it looks.

Lightbulb

It wound be really really awesome if they do a new star ocean and a game with the same mechanic of The Last Remnant, don't you think?