Thread: Reason why FF4 got all this attention and FF6 didn't

Reason why FF4 got all this attention and FF6 didn't

I think the reason FF4 got a DS remake and sequal was because the standards for an RPG were still low when FF4 released. Therefore, remaking it into 3d would be much easier than FF6.

FF6 is a lot like FF7 on playstation. It maximized its potential with the minimal hardware. So to remake it on better hardware and meet the expectations of fans might take too much work. Atleast, this is what I hope the reason is.

True! But I still hope they remake 6 for the 3DS or PSVita. It would be cool to see FF6 in 3D.

They should remake FFVI on PSVita, hands down. Vita needs more titles and that would be awesome.

They are going to end up remaking FFV and VI for the 3DS most likely., they looked at doing them on the DS but there was "technical problems"

“As you saw from Nintendo’s press conference yesterday, there is new hardware coming out,” Hashimoto replied. “We knew that was coming. We had to make decisions understanding that there were hardware changes in the near future and where want to put our resources.”

I followed up and asked Hashimoto if Square Enix has plans to bring Final Fantasy Vor Final Fantasy VI to the Nintendo 3DS. Hashimoto stopped typing or maybe tweeting on his laptop, laughed, and said, “No decision has been made.”

“Rather than creating [Final Fantasy] V or VI for the current DS we want to take a look to see how 3DS does, how it evolves, and then make a decision.”

www.siliconera.com/2010/06/24/i-asked-sh...

With how well the 3DS is doing, it's more than likely happening, I would not be surprised if we find something out at the 25th Anniversary Event.

FFVI has a large amount of content . 30 summon and more than 30 hour of story even thought in GBA . It is very hard to remake FFVI so they choose FFIV instead

I'd rather not see 3D voice acted copies of these games... why fix what isn't broken. FF4DS ruined my image of FF4, and FF3DS, being the only version I had played, is to me the worst entry in the series (which I find surprising, because I loved FF1 and the similarities between the two are massive... so I suspect its because I didn't care for the 3d graphics)

It would be a disservice to the 3DS hardware (if it is indeed a plan to bring V and VI to it) to simply do something like port Anthology or the Advance versions of the games, in my opinion. On the other hand, the PSP could benefit from something to the effect of IVCC style treatment.

I have really no desire to see VI in the 2D Anniversary-style art design, but I'd love V and VI get 2D remasterings (V w/ Anniversary graphics wouldn't bother me) at the very least with their full, original sound and the redone translations.

I'm agree if FF6 remake would be in PSVita, but it still in 2D on high resolution graphic. I think FF classics (1-6) would be more beautiful if they still in 2D form.

4 is my fav pre-PS1 Final Fantasy game, it deserves all the love. But I hope to see similar remakes for 5 & 6 as well.

Because is very long and good

six is very short!

Originally Posted by Derrek

I think the reason FF4 got a DS remake and sequal was because the standards for an RPG were still low when FF4 released. Therefore, remaking it into 3d would be much easier than FF6.

FF6 is a lot like FF7 on playstation. It maximized its potential with the minimal hardware. So to remake it on better hardware and meet the expectations of fans might take too much work. Atleast, this is what I hope the reason is.

I have to correct you on something you said.
    Yes FF6 did maximize the hardware it used, but FF7 did not. FF7 was an introductory foray into 3D for Final Fantasy but FFVIII and FFIX used the same technology and got much more out of it than FFVII did.

Personally I think that the reason FFV and FFVI haven't seen remakes in the style of FFIII and IV has less to do with technological capability (because if that were the case would they not have done just that to FFI and II?) and much more to do with market. FFIII DS came out and was successful, so they made FFIV DS. It was also successful but that was the beginning of a sort of decline in the JRPG market overall. There simply wasn't enough demand to warrant the cost of making such a thing. I believe that we are about to enter another era of JRPG interest however, which is shown by the good sales of Android and iOS ports of these games. So it's not really an issue of why isn't there a FFV or VI in 3D, but really how long until the market demands the product enough.