15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

4 26.67%
  • no

11 73.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: jap jet planes

jap jet planes

Considering that they were a late-war addition that never even saw action, and basically had no effect whatsoever, no.

well the japs didont use them but if they had them and if they did they wood of used them for kami-runs becows the fules they have are very crosive and cood do very large damege to ships and and land instalations.

There was the Japanese "Beka" bomb, which was sort of a rocket powered kamakaze bomb w/ wings... Bettied carried them on their bellies & released them near the target.
    That would be cool to have in a sequel...

this is planes not RPKB/P

Originally Posted by ElvisNewton
    There was the Japanese "Beka" bomb, which was sort of a rocket powered kamakaze bomb w/ wings... Bettied carried them on their bellies & released them near the target.
    Actually, I think that US named it the "Baka", since baka mean idiot or moron in Japanese. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, the Baka was an aircraft and a RPI (Rocket propelled idiot). I don't eve think that the Japs had a functional jet plane. All of the Jap planes were either props or rockets. There is a big difference between rockets and jets.

Good God, Mr. VTROOPER. Take some grammar lessons. Your spelling is horrible.

As a matter of fact...

Actually, in the waning days of the war, there were two Japanese jet prototypes, one of which, the Nakajima Kikka, had two test flights, one on August 7, 1945, and another on August 11. The second test flight had the plane fitted with RATOs to help with the long length of takeoff runs. It's design is a copy of the Me-262, the only difference is that the wings were straight instead of swept. It can actually be found in Aces of the Pacific and Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII.

thats what you get when you side with fritz who had the first jet planes.

Jap jet exsisted

Jap jet planes were being researched and developed during ww2 and some were made but not intime to be used during the war

Originally Posted by ElvisNewton
    The Japanese name was the "Ohka"(I think thats spelled right), im watching dogfights on the history channel and they are showing kamakazies. On a side note BS:M needs to look like the computer simulation in that show.

Originally Posted by battleshipman
    On a side note BS:M needs to look like the computer simulation in that show.
    I was thinking the same thing when I watched that show last night. I wonder if that was made special for that show. Really nice graphics

probibly just made for that show.

Originally Posted by battleshipman
    The Japanese name was the "Ohka"(I think thats spelled right), im watching dogfights on the history channel and they are showing kamakazies. On a side note BS:M needs to look like the computer simulation in that show.
    Yeah, I studied the oddities of WWII for quite a while, and the Ohka MXY-7 "Cherry Blossom" did show up. Going over 600 mph can be scary for anyone, especially since it's almost impossible to shoot down!

Anyway, I saw some of the dogfights thing yesterday and it was pretty sweet. I was kind of disappointed that they didn't talk about the Baka Bomb at all... But still, five kamikaze hits and three bomb attacks and that ship's still going? Jeez. That's one powerful ship.

Originally Posted by poprox101
    Yeah, I studied the oddities of WWII for quite a while, and the Ohka MXY-7 "Cherry Blossom" did show up. Going over 600 mph can be scary for anyone, especially since it's almost impossible to shoot down!

Anyway, I saw some of the dogfights thing yesterday and it was pretty sweet. I was kind of disappointed that they didn't talk about the Baka Bomb at all... But still, five kamikaze hits and three bomb attacks and that ship's still going? Jeez. That's one powerful ship.
    the USN ships arent indistruktibel (parden my spelling) they have lost ships to kami-planes so that ship must of bin a essex or a battle ship and wheres that planes gun and what was the epasode name so i can fined it on you tube.

It was Season 2 #1 that premiered a few days ago. The ship was the destroyer USS Laffey.

then she had good damege cantrol.

Yeah I guess she did. What a trooper...

well a ship that is hit with bombes has a beter chans then torps.

Originally Posted by poprox101
    I was kind of disappointed that they didn't talk about the Baka Bomb at all...
    Ya they did, it sunk a DD.

you know you cood tell me that friday started a new seson

It was a 2 hour season premiere, you should check tv guide if you missed it.

I saw it & got to see the proper spelling of the thing I was talking about. The USS Laffey bit was the best part. Kinda crazy, but only in a totally insane kind of way.

i dont get tv gide i have comcast and you can see when a show cames on

A lazy man's tv guide

Page 1 of 3 123 Last