Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments on the Screenshot Entries

Smile Comments on the Screenshot Entries

I'm starting this thread in good time for the next round folks lest I forget.

As so much support was shown I have decided to open this thread in order that folk can comment on the entries without cluttering the actual entry thread as this makes sifting through the entries rather time-consuming for the round winner and of course the voters

Feel free to bump up this thread from time to time - any comments about screenshots per se (not necessarily to do with the current round), will help keep this fairly active and therefore it will be easily spotted by the uninitiated.

Good luck to all for every round. I am frankly stoked at the amount of interest and of course the hard work that folks put in with such threads as the Scoreboard.

All are welcome!

Lo
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Thank goodness you put yours up first - now we're all going to have to strive very hard indeed to beat that!! *Sighs loudly and feels defeated already*

Excellent shot Xcom - I guess you had that saved in your folder already you norty boy - or did you play again to capture it?

Mwa ha ha ha, I like it, Xcom Throwing Lara in pits of lava is always fun

For informational purposes, the Round Six screenshot thread is here

Very devilish Xcom.

It's gonna take some getting used to with this thread
    "I'm up for a little heresy"

Red Face (Embarrassed)

It's like we're talking to ourselves.

Cool

Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post

I guess you had that saved in your folder already you norty boy - or did you play again to capture it?
    Hehe.. no, I honestly played it after the thread was posted (even got swallowed by the legless monster while looking for decent fire )

edit:

btw, Philip, why can't you enter?

Quote Originally Posted by Xcom View Post
    Thanks....

Hehe.. no, I honestly played it after the thread was posted (even got swallowed by the legless monster while looking for decent fire )
    I'll believe you sweetie, thousands wouldn't

I'm very glad to see members getting accustomed to the new thread and commenting here - I am sure you'll all agree that it was a good idea when it comes to round VI's voting thread - it will be so much easier to judge without the customary clutter eh? Even if it is interesting clutter

Rolleyes

I can but the screens I want to take will be tough, I have an idea for a great one but it'll be very tricky and I don't have Anniversary for PC, so if I take a picture from my camera of the TV, it'll look really bad.

btw, I'm gonna keep this font Xcom.

Red Face (Embarrassed)

There isn't any fire in the TR Anniversary demo, which is the only TR game I have on computer, so i'm afraid a bad quality image from the PS2 will be my entry for this round
    'I Make My Own Luck..'
    - Lara Croft

Rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by TouchOfPink View Post
    There isn't any fire in the TR Anniversary demo, which is the only TR game I have on computer, so i'm afraid a bad quality image from the PS2 will be my entry for this round
    The very same here.

I've been counselling Phlip as to his options for at first he was despondant right Phlip?

Pink, you need not worry. We all judge on the skill of the screenshot and not the quality of the picture

Please do rest assured that people are exceptionally fair in their voting, by and large.

If you are overly concerned, you can always add to your shot entry something like 'Sorry I had to take this on my camera...etc' then explain how difficult it was to capture the shot. People will take this into account.

Cool

You know what?

I'm gonna damn well give it a go. I'll need a someone else other than myself to actually take the picture on my demand though. Is that alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
    You know what?

I'm gonna damn well give it a go. I'll need a someone else other than myself to actually take the picture on my demand though. Is that alright?
    Well done and that's the spirit Phlip!

Of course it's alright - it's you who is doing the hard work afterall and you can't possibly take a pic at the same time! Just remember to save if possible just near the area you are going to extract a shot from and hope that the person taking it angles the camera (a few practice shots may be a good idea), in such a way that you get no flashback from the TV screen.

I am so glad you decided to enter and good luck buddie!

Awesome shot Captain Mazda!

By the way I forgot to add Xcom, that I really do love the Terminator reference! The scene near the end of Judgement day was totally awesome when Arnie dipped himself into the hot spa

Cool

Indeed, it was great scene. That's why some of us immediately thought of that when we saw Anniversary Lara sinking in lava for the first time. It would have been hilarious (but kind of silly at the time) if she also did gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcom View Post
    Indeed, it was great scene. That's why some of us immediately thought of that when we saw Anniversary Lara sinking in lava for the first time. It would have been hilarious (but kind of silly at the time) if she also did gesture.
    Also (sorry to run off topic and on my own thread at that!), I liked the bit where that other robot model got frazzled. All those weird manifestations he took on - horrific

Put me off barbecues and toast for....ooooh a whole week did that

Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    I did see a bit about no editing but I didnt want to bore anyone with the second pc screen that was in the shot so I cut it out, Hope thats ok. Nothing is retouched or altered other than size.
    *Goes to inspect JBG's entry with a suspicious expression*

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
    You know what?

Me too Good luck Phlip, and good luck everyone!
    'I Make My Own Luck..'
    - Lara Croft

Wicked shot you have going on there Seth! How on earth did you get Lara in that position? Wickedly awkward shot! I'm lovin' it! Cosmic!

JBG and Tirinka..... very well done!

I am yet to think up a shot but it will probably be from an older game!

Atheist will be well asleep now but I bet she is already having these weird psychic nightmares about round VI

Thanks both for entering and the very best of luck!

Ah nice Tirinka. I didnt see this in Legend so I'm assuming its ahead of me in Anniversary. *cringes in terror*

I don't know if I can participate in this next round.. I'm trying to re-download the TR3 demo from last round, but it's not wanting to cope.

x.x It's really frustrating, I'm trying to get a demo to fit this round.. I'd get some nice photos from a camera, IF I HAD ONE.. But meh.. So as of right now, it's an i don't know.
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Goar View Post
    I don't know if I can participate in this next round.. I'm trying to re-download the TR3 demo from last round, but it's not wanting to cope.

x.x It's really frustrating, I'm trying to get a demo to fit this round.. I'd get some nice photos from a camera, IF I HAD ONE.. But meh.. So as of right now, it's an i don't know.
    Have you got any of the games on PC Goar?

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    Wicked shot you have going on there Seth! How on earth did you get Lara in that position? Wickedly awkward shot! I'm lovin' it! Cosmic!
    Thanks, Lo. Glad you like it; it took several tries to get it right. It was one of those moments when I was gripped by this mad urge to make Lara do mad things just to get a screenshot. Does it show?
    signature image
    I am Set, god of chaos and the desert. I add to the balance of the world. Without chaos and destruction, there is no peace and harmony.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast