Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson passed away

Michael Jackson passed away

Whats up peoples

Just a few short minuites ago, Michael Jackson has died from complications of a cardiac
    arrest. He wasn't breathing, he slipped into a deep coma at UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles. He was only 50.

I cannot believe it would happen to a 50 year old. That's still young. But, it can happen to anyone when not exactly in best of health.

I grew on the Jackson 5 far back as a 5 or 6 year old. I still like hearing the classics. And of course many years passed, and Jackson has changed so much. This is bigger news than the passing of Farrah Faucet today.

Too many celebs are dying this year.

Ed McMahon
    Michael Jackson
    David Carradine
    Farrah Fawcett

List goes on...

Sad to see people die.

This is horrible news to be personally and of course to his family,friends and fans.

I grew up listening and watching Michael Jackson, one of the biggest icons of my generation and I put his popularity and icon'ness on the level of Elvis, popularity wise.

This day is a sad day for myself and my sister. He was a musical genius, sure he had his weird moments but theres no denying he was the king of pop and forever will be

RIP MJ, you will be greatly missed

Total shock, amazing talent silenced on the eve of a comeback ,it can't be true Micheal Jackson dead...............

I am still in shock. R.I.P.
    signature image

Shocking, indeed. Too young to die. There will undoubtedly be documentaries that will discuss various aspects of his life, but for this thread, I will remember Michael Jackson for his musical talent, of course, and his trademark moon-walk.

No one is "Too young to die". We all do. Yes, statistically he should have lived to his 70's barring accidents. But there is no thing as "Too young to die".

I too will miss him and the list of "stars and idols", is long but that is life. No pun intended.

I still can't believe it! My dad called me up asking if I had seen the news of MJ's passing. I went to a store and asked if they had any MJ albums and the clerk told me they were all out, news of him passing cause people to buy up his music. The local Radio station's played MJ songs.

R.I.P. His majesty the "King of Pop".
    signature image

I still can't believe it, I read the news on the bbc homepage and it didn't sink in until I noticed the same news headline on MSN.

He's one of those stars who you just consider immortal...

R.I.P MJ.

A sad loss to friends, family and fans. R.I.P. MJ.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Quote Originally Posted by theBlackman View Post
    No one is "Too young to die". We all do. Yes, statistically he should have lived to his 70's barring accidents. But there is no thing as "Too young to die".

I too will miss him and the list of "stars and idols", is long but that is life. No pun intended.
    I do agree although I think Ruum merely meant to say that 50 was a bit young to actually suffer a fatal coronary, not to die per se.

But it all depends on how long he was festering before medical intervention was sought - I do not know of all the finer details. Frankly, I am not that interested, no offence intended.

That said, a friend of my late father's had a twenty year-old son die of a massive coronary on the golf course so it isn't all that uncommon when you look at the statistics.

Some folks have underlying heart problems - one being Cardiomyopathy which can strike at any time. One of my bridesmaids had it and she lost a few siblings at very young ages.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But onto Jackson, he was a great singer but I do object most strongly to an excessively inflated outpouring of grief by people who aren't even affiliated with the victim who then go on to afford said celebrity a heroic status when in fact MJ was a man of questionable behaviours at the best of times.

It would be most wrong of me to start impuning MJ post mortem in terms of listing my objections to parts of his lifestyle but I do reserve some pity for him because I am inclined to believe that he was the product of too much fame and too young - thanks to his allegedly overbearing father.

I do hope he finds more peace in the next sphere - inner peace which is something he never seemed to achieve during his life per se.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

R.I.P

I couldn't believe it when I saw it on MSN news. When I saw the years, I though that his career died, but then I entered EF, and was chocked.

What's happening to the world? Neda, Farah, Jackson and so many other great people died.

Rest in peace. Quiet in my town.
    Villa, villa.

Quote Originally Posted by LC is Me View Post
    Too many celebs are dying this year.

Ed McMahon
    Michael Jackson
    David Carradine
    Farrah Fawcett

List goes on...

Sad to see people die.
    People die all the time. No one cares unless they're talented and/or famous.

Heart difficulties happen. A famous footballer (GAA, folks, not soccer) called Cormac McEnallen died a few tyears back after his team won the All-Ireland. Fit and in his prime. It happens. Two years ago, there was a scare when a few schoolkids died of heart difficulties. There's a thing called Sudden Death Syndrome. If you don't get the defibrillator to them within four minutes they're dead.
    I'd be apathetic if I weren't so lethargic-Peter Griffin

Most of the "Stars" are that because they have been around for a while. And a goodly number of them are in their 50's and older. No one lasts forever. It surprises me not, that they die. I expect it.

I remember fondly the entertainment they provided me, but can't get emotionally involved with a "Paper Idol" I see on the screen or hear on the radio. That manifestation is NOT the person. And as I only know the image, I feel no great emotional schism. To be blunt, I feel more anquish at the death of a pet than I do with the "stars" or statesmen.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by theBlackman View Post
    To be blunt, I feel more anquish at the death of a pet than I do with the "stars" or statesmen.
    Gotta be honest, I am a bit of a loner myself by choice - not that I am suggesting you like your privacy TBM or are a "loner"!! Online friends are fantastic but I could not live a life whereby I was in the hotspot every day of the week and pets are the best friends a man can have. Too right they are

Sure, I do "fickle" now and again just out of sheer politeness because I don't mean any singular person any harm (aside from certain terrorists hehe!). But I just think animals get a bad deal in life.

Nobody seems to think it worthy to donate money to animals anymore. Instead they shove it into the inflated pockets of Cancer Research and don't realise that every damn quid they bung in is affording some fat bar steward the privelage of sitting on his 'arris all day long contemplating his biography - entitled 'Get-Rich Quick Methods' By Earnie Lott.

*Sigh*

i found out a while ago now. last night... it is so sad because he was the "King Of Pop".. speacking of MJ, a programma bout him is on TV now so im off!

Learning more about Jackson, he has over the years since "The Thriller" craze, he has a dependency of prescription medications. They find he had taken some unknown pills. There was no foul play. But, as I knew, the real cause of death will be in weeks to come.

I myself was surprised, but at the same time not so much, at MJ's passing. He was a very strange individual. MJ was full of talent - don't get me wrong, but like Lo said, some of his actions and behavior were less than desirable.

MJ never interested me much, probably because I never grew up with his 'revolutionary' music. All I can say is that it was too bad.

The world of stardom is a tricky one, however, and anything can happen.
    To be proud of virtue, is to poison yourself with the antidote

The early news bulletins this morning (It's just gone 06.30am here on Venus ), were peppered if not smothered in conspiracy theories

I hope this circus doesn't turn into another "Who killed J.R." shennanigan or another Princess Diana conspiracy.

I don't want to be reading about this ten years from now. He's dead and that's the end of it. Shame it is but I don't want it for breakfast, lunch and dinner when there are more pressing issues out there to concentrate on.

Being a celebrity u do get the luxuries of a good home and ur own swimming pool etc, but it's also a living hell. MJ had nothing but bad publicity from the accusations that were reported, but I never ever believed he had committed any crimes against those kids. He was a kid and wanted to be with kids like other kids like to. He was an innocent and very loving, caring and thoughtful person. He wrote many lovely songs like 'Heal the world', 'You are not alone' and 'One day in your life'.
    And he was incredibly talented.
    Micheal Jackson once said "I love you, I mean it u must know that", to his fans and I say "I love you too Michael, rest in peace".

I did actually grow up in the 80's so MJs music isn't lost on me, his recent medical problems make this rather expected though really and finding out about his dependencies for drugs only makes it more so.
    It's a real shame though, but i don't expect his music will ever disappear.

It's sad news indeed Three generations of people grew up with his music. The legend will live on forever.

I was never a fan of Michael personally but there's no dount that, despite his personal life he was a great entertainer and his music certainly influenced the pop/ electro scene as we know it. A lot of artists owe their style and inspiration to him. Rest in Peace Michael. You deserve it after all the years of harassment.

Also i'd like to say how rocked i am by the death of Farrah Fawsett. I'm a huge fan of Charlie's Angels, which is weird considering the series stopped airing 10 years before i was born. As one of the original Angels and a true beauty she is so memorable for me. Guess she will be an angel forever now. Pun intended.
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by croft91 View Post
    Micheal Jackson once said "I love you, I mean it u must know that", to his fans and I say "I love you too Michael, rest in peace".
    That's the sort of empty-headed sentiment I loathe in celebrities. How can he love people he doesn't even know and has never even met?

He loved their money but that's about it I guess.

He was probably a loving person but you cannot love people you don't know.

signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast