Thread: Vampire Escapes

Vampire Escapes

Vampire Escapes

I played couple of matches and the only thing I do not like so far, except minor problems, is how vampires can run away easily after failed engage using abilities as take-off/ evasion. It makes vampire's mistakes a lot more forgiving than humans, and with the vampire health regeneration, you can just use hit-and-run tactics until you succeed or wear the humans down. I believe that their effectiveness at running away should be diminished, such as lowering dodge chance of evasion when not facing any enemy.

But but running away is fun as someone who does this a lot I need it... Don't take it away-I die enough already lol

EDIT: a good strategy for humans is to get your team to a place where there is a health point easily accessible
    Last edited by lucinvampire; 19th Nov 2013 at 23:37.

This ability won't be taken away because it will disbalance the game if it is gone.

Humans are stronger then vampires if played correctly.
    A mistake by a vampire can mean instant death even if he used the escape skills.
    All escape skills can be broken by enough fire power. (Dmg is reduced by around 50%)
    And take off of the sentinel is just a take off skill if you are a hunter you can still shoot the sentinel.

The only thing I still find broken is dodge of the humans.
    If you dodge and a sentinel tries to grab you on your old spot, you are still grabbed. (Probably a minor lag issue or soemthign)

Originally Posted by hirukaru
    This ability won't be taken away because it will disbalance the game if it is gone.
    All escape skills can be broken by enough fire power. (Dmg is reduced by around 50%)
    Untrue. Reaver is immune to normal attacks and takes far reduced damage from abilities. It makes him retardedly forgiving at bad pounces and easy to escape even at 20% health. That one at least needs a change, I feel.

A mistake by a vampire can mean instant death even if he used the escape skills.
    And take off of the sentinel is just a take off skill if you are a hunter you can still shoot the sentinel.

If you dodge and a sentinel tries to grab you on your old spot, you are still grabbed. (Probably a minor lag issue or soemthign)
    I never said to take them away, they are needed, I just feel that they make vampire's mistakes too forgiving right now

yeah escape should be only 75% reduction, its so annoying when a Reaver pops it on when by all rights they should be re-dead-un-dead because they had far less than 1 shot left on the health bar.

We will probably look at Evasion's damage reduction. Early in development it was purely bullet dodge with no damage reduction and Reavers complained they were too vulnerable even in their survival cooldown. If the data proves out that they're too good at surviving we'll tweak that damage reduction value first.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    We will probably look at Evasion's damage reduction. Early in development it was purely bullet dodge with no damage reduction and Reavers complained they were too vulnerable even in their survival cooldown. If the data proves out that they're too good at surviving we'll tweak that damage reduction value first.
    It leads to very annoying gameplay right now, where if you got a 4 Reaver team, they pounce, evade, go on a roof, wait until the CD is done and repeat. And since it's 4, it's a constant circus number of death.

Though it might be in part because humans can't really do that kind of escape due to the homing missile melee problem right now. I'd start there first and then see if the change to Evasion is needed.

the reavers seem to get away very easy when they use that escape.

the Tyrant "stone shield thing" seem to work fine , they can get away but still take some dmg.

the Tyrant "charge" could use some frontal shield or resistance, since 2 humans can take the tyrant down in no time if he charge them. We talked about this last night and you could use charge diferent (like charge down holes in roofs or other more sneaky ways) but there is just other skill that would be way more usefull in those situations (like jump attack).

It is mostly an issue with deathmatch, since kills are the sole objecive. Since we play as both sides in each mach, it's not really a balance issue, however, it can lower the enjoyment you get when playing as humans.

Originally Posted by Xaragoth
    It leads to very annoying gameplay right now, where if you got a 4 Reaver team, they pounce, evade, go on a roof, wait until the CD is done and repeat. And since it's 4, it's a constant circus number of death.
    That’s soooo funny – what amazing tactics – though pretty annoying for the human side. Got to try it! j/k

Indeed, I think reavers are much more durable with their escape trick, than the actuall tank with his skill, which is odd. I'd rather give him dramatic speed boost, but no damage reduction. It would be more skill dependant, instead of a panick button imo.

Yeah I just got hit by three Reavers today and had the same problem. Pounce evade run, next Reaver comes, pounces evades runs... don't really have anything to add other than I too have noticed this and also verifying that it is indeed frustrating to deal with.
    Steam Name: Majesticles
    Eidos Forums: Raziel689 (Ancient but some may recognize it)

Multi-Anything is often a bit of an issue. It doesn't feel like the game is really currently dealing with it very well. There have been cases of Quadra-Tyrant, Quadra-Scout and Quadra-Sentinel, that did quite terrible things, even against good teams. Class stacking is a bit too effective, as is the combination of specific abilities (pretty much known to most people by now).

Yes ransom keeps talking his teammates into class stacking and making us pay lol.

Had the experience of a multi-Reaver attack last night - though it was highly amusing - we too got completely obliterated!

Chain pounces hurt alot. However, if you are forced into an engagement with your evade on cooldown, (or you switched evade with haste) then getting bola'd or hit by knives is pretty much death. And as a reaver, I have many a death while using evasion (I blame alchemists for that)

Honestly, take-off isn't as harsh as some people think. By using it you have to sacrifice one of the sentinel's most useful, damage dealing skills.