Thread: vampires needed to have cool down on attacks

vampires needed to have cool down on attacks

vampires needed to have cool down on attacks

as i played it seems that humans have to reload there weapons yet the vampires can rapid attack over and over you should make the vampires have a cool down meter were they get tired or fatigued for a set amount of time

Well, it would be nice to test out something like this but you have to keep in mind that all vampires are melee and all humans are ranged, also it's not easier to hit with vampires so the thing kind of balances out by itself. And don't forget the delay between one attack and the other, which is not little at all.

As a vampire all you have on your side is speed, your problem was you weren't utilising any weapons other than primary, if you were you would realise that things like bolas especially can stop a vamp in its tracks.
    You need to stick with your team and there is always a hunter in the team because everyone knows they are needed for bolas, bolas stop the vampire doing anything but run they are a life saver if you end up in close combat with a vamp.
    Today the game did seem perfectly balanced, you know this when you play 2 rounds and each team scores almost the same in the first round as they did in the second so if team 1 scores 37 with vamp and 36 with human and team 2 scores 21 with human and 23 with vamp that means perfectly balanced, people play as well with 1 as the other, the only thing separating the scores is the player skill.

Like I said its down to teamwork more for the humans, don't stray. try hunter tomorrow and remember bolas are guys best friend.
    also don't forget to annoy vampires by running backwards and backwards evade (Space) I took down 3 half dead vampires using this tactic today when they had killed all my team.

Oh and welcome to Nosgoth hope to see you in game

I know what you mean - personally I find it the other way in that the vampires are really awkward and the humans are easier - if I can say that at all. Though think that's because people tend to stick together as humans and the vampires spread a lot.
    I think they have done a good job on the balancing the game out with the classes - just takes a lllllllloooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggg while to get used to all the keys and what they do lol (if in doubt hit them randomly...just kidding).
    Hope you enjoyed yourself and welcome to the gang

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    I know what you mean - personally I find it the other way in that the vampires are really awkward and the humans are easier
    Yeah I kind of agree, I think at first humans are easier to play but thats because before this game I was big on FPSS multi-players but not melee, I mean I play mmorpgs too and MOBA like DOTA but Melee is very different in those games.

I disagree on the vampire cool down melee timer.
    Cause this has then also to be implemented for humans, you know how much energy it takes to fire a bow?

Skills have cool down
    Melee on either human and vampire don't
    Humans also have a ranged weapon to even out the more powerfull melee of a vampire.

(Next to that the vampire aim at this moment is OP, the auto aim is turned back on and you can just bash your attack button and you will always hit, this way a reaver can take out 3 humans if played correctly and if the humans are bussy with other things)

As hiru mentioned, the big problem isn't that they can swing. It's that they current are homing missiles that even get to you if you dodge roll. I actually stopped rolling when in a battle at close range and just started to Bola/Grenade/Unload Crossbow into them. If I run, I'll die. If I fight, I stand a chance.

Then again take it with a pinch of salt, it's Ransom clawing at my face most of the time.

I agree the auto aim is a bit too strong - having played a few sessions with it broken, it could stand to be adjusted a bit.

We like that it gives you some help lining up in crazy fights, but it shouldn't flawlessly home in on dodging humans every time.

Originally Posted by Xaragoth
    Then again take it with a pinch of salt, it's Ransom clawing at my face most of the time.
    He needs nerfing, not the vampires, not the humans, just Ransom. he is a little too good at killing

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    I agree the auto aim is a bit too strong - having played a few sessions with it broken, it could stand to be adjusted a bit.

We like that it gives you some help lining up in crazy fights, but it shouldn't flawlessly home in on dodging humans every time.
    The way you do it is you use a degree measurement, the unit has to be within a 134 degree arc in front of the vampire (67 degrees left or right) for auto aim to work, at the moment it felt was more like 180 degrees as I could hit people at about 90 degrees to the left or right. I have heard a few people claim that they could hit people behind them but I assume that this was an exaggeration or they weren't travelling forwards (possibly going left or right compared to the camera angle) as I couldn't hit people behind me (although it could be that I may just lack the skill to do so).

If my my assumptions on current auto aim is correct it would decrease the strength of auto aim by 1/3.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey

It might help if you lower the range a bit (2/3 maybe) and lower the area in which it can hone in. So you need to be closer to where the vampire looks, instead of being on the side of his vision and he just turn-smacks you. Bring in a bit more precision play, but not so much that we get what happened when it wasn't active at all - that was no fun.

Overall it's probably going to need a few days of itterrations to really fine-tune it. Looking forward to it being changed. Patch notes that day, yes, yes? I saw 2 or 3 patches this week and no notes. Sad Xara.

Originally Posted by Xaragoth
    It might help if you lower the range a bit (2/3 maybe) and lower the area in which it can hone in. So you need to be closer to where the vampire looks, instead of being on the side of his vision and he just turn-smacks you. Bring in a bit more precision play, but not so much that we get what happened when it wasn't active at all - that was no fun.

Overall it's probably going to need a few days of itterrations to really fine-tune it. Looking forward to it being changed. Patch notes that day, yes, yes? I saw 2 or 3 patches this week and no notes. Sad Xara.
    looks like we are both having the same idea

I do like how melee feels for vampires at this point, but I do agree they have a bit too much auto aim. I was blinded plenty of times with alchemists' flasks and was still able to score the kills I was going for, despite being unable to aim properly.

I agree that the auto aim is too strong. In my opinion, the dodge should break it off, but add some fatigue to human dodge, so we don't end up with humans spaming space everytime vampire gets near.

Originally Posted by Tagexx
    I agree that the auto aim is too strong. In my opinion, the dodge should break it off, but add some fatigue to human dodge, so we don't end up with humans spaming space everytime vampire gets near.
    Fatigue will unbalance the game at this stage.
    But the human dodge shoud indeed be able to really dodge attacks and skills
    Had enough time that there was a dodge and a sentinel could pick someone up at the spot he dodged from. (He wasnt there anymore)

Originally Posted by hirukaru
    Fatigue will unbalance the game at this stage.
    But the human dodge shoud indeed be able to really dodge attacks and skills
    Had enough time that there was a dodge and a sentinel could pick someone up at the spot he dodged from. (He wasnt there anymore)
    Balance is not of concern at this stage, it's to figure out what needs to be changed before beta