Thread: Thoughts on today's session

Thoughts on today's session

Thoughts on today's session

Nice game play session today, had a lot of fun. I'd like to point out a couple of things I've noticed

1) There was a strange bug, so that when someone entered our room before the match "entered the room" appeared on the bottom window as usual, but without any name before. The only player that had its name displayed was the the one - from my point of view - in the third slot from the top on the left column. I've been in three rooms and it happened in the first two exactly how I've said (didn't happen at all in the third one). Chat messages did have names before them, anyway.

2) Is it really a good decision to have the match not starting before 8 players are in? I know there will be much more people once the game launches, but we've been stuck in a room with 6 players for more than ten minutes, then we left and - I don't know why - all re-joined in the same room again. Then luckily someone else joined us and the match began.

My point is: it's ok to wait for 8 players, but after, I don't know, 2 minutes with 6/7 players in couldn't the match just start?

3) This is something I had already noticed. As a human, when you reload your weapon you can still roll around and that doesn't even stop the reloading. Is it something you decided to do or is it just a bug?

4) Balance this time was way better. It was way easier to hit in melee with the vampires, and the Scout didn't feel overpowered at all (on the contrary, it felt the weakest of the humans this time).

I would just like to make a suggestion that may help making the vampires even fairer to play as: let them charge their attacks without preventing them from moving. I don't mean you just press down LMB and walk around until you find someone; there has to be some kind of timing to deal the hit, it can't be a "hit when you release" thing, it must attack with or without your consent after a couple of seconds. The fact is, vampires still deal very little damage if not helped by any active power. Now you can actually hit someone even if they try to run away - which is great - but you are forced to deal a ridiculously low amount of damage even if you have all the time you want to hit, just because the target is walking. That doesn't make any sense to me.

First Alpha test session I've entered so took a little while to get back into the swing of things (also kept getting interupted with phone calls which really didn't help!)

1. I also had this in the lobby, and it also affected when people were typing in the lobby, their name wouldn't appear next to the text they typed.

5. I seemed to get a lot of graphics lag when playing as a vampire 10-15 mins into the game, then it seemed to vanish for the last 5 minutes again. Never experienced the lag as a human player though.

Originally Posted by Jeffers
    First Alpha test session I've entered so took a little while to get back into the swing of things (also kept getting interupted with phone calls which really didn't help!)
    Alright mate yay you got in too woohoo

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    Alright mate yay you got in too woohoo
    hey hey!

The reason we don't start matches with less than the desired team size is that the balance is noticeably different at 2v2 or 3v3 than 4v4. Ideally there will be enough people online to keep you from sitting in a lobby waiting for a match to start for long periods, but when the Alpha is still somewhat small you do run into it more often. We'll discuss whether it would make sense to lift the restriction for now.

I really like the idea about the match starting. Its a real bummer to sit in the lobby, at least we could be experimenting in that time.

Scout is still really strong, but certainly brought his damage down some and brought him inline with the other humans damage output.

With autoaim the vamps are a bit retarded. I can roll behind a vamp and he can still melee me. Also if the vamps use their skills properly usually only 1 melee hit is required to finish the job, if that. So I dont' think they need anymore help. If your swinging for the fences more than twice your doing it wrong. Unless your a Tyrant and even then I would probably still make that argument.

If you didn't land your skillshot or something else went wrong you need to get out of there, pop evasion or some other escape skill and get out .

The lobby problem would be better solved by better matchmaking:

1 drop the interval, seriously people dont want to wait a minute. Kick them out so they have to hit search again.

2 don't have 100 half filled lobbys, have 50 full ones, if a couple of guys wait during interval the lobby stays open and creates yet another lobby that needs filling.

3 matchmaking needs to be implemented with people 1-5, 5-10, 10-15, and 15+ that way we will see less games where 1 or 2 high level players dominate the match.