Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP: Tomb Raider...

ok so there are more 3D charactors. all i'm saying they have to adjust control to match the enviroement the controls swing in and of course the games you mentioned have different engines, all different companies.

So you challange. I would say it would be tight directions in underwater and the new grapple system

I have never found the controls, like moving a truck with your bare hands, so difficult. I found res evil a lot more irritating than tomb raider tbh.

Ive played allthe trs and actually aod on the PC cos i didnt have a console at the time and i was amazed it rain it in the first place

Well simple thing really, if you want to complain about the lack of controls to tr, write to Eidos, if you feel that much about it. They listen to fans

HAHA! Funny. Why all the FPS talk? TOMB RAIDER IS NOT AN FPS GAME!!! Rekrul kind of never got that right, did he? I for instance love the fact the camera isn't locked behind Lara, because that way I can see everything around me, all the beautiful landscapes etc. AND, can you imagine: I have no problem with the controls, on the contrary, I find them more easy to deal with then with the FPS based controls. Why? Well, for instance, I don't have to press left and wait 5 seconds for her to turn like a tank just to see what there is on the left, and then to the right. Now imagine how that would be while crossing the street!
    I hate the way they did Resident Evil 4, you simply have to turn 180 to look behind you, and turning in a game is soooo frustrating. In Legend And Anniversary, I just pan the camera with the mouse and see what and where there is and then decide my move. Now imagine the camera is locked behind you and you are stading on a ledge while climbing the pyramid in Anniversary and the winged spawns are throwing fireballs at you... How could you kill them? The camera CANNOT be behind you, because there is a wall! Just tell me how you could see them? YOU COULDN'T! And imagine jumping from left to right constantly while the camera is behind you... From that constant fliping I'd go insane and puke!

The point is, the new controls are more complex, and add a lot of variety, and boy do I love complex things
    If you can't get used to it, don't play!

Quote Originally Posted by Final_Fantasy View Post
    HAHA! Funny. Why all the FPS talk? TOMB RAIDER IS NOT AN FPS GAME!!! Rekrul kind of never got that right, did he?
    Take the camera, mount it on top of Lara's head and what do you have? An FPS.

I for instance love the fact the camera isn't locked behind Lara, because that way I can see everything around me, all the beautiful landscapes etc.
    You can look around with FPS controls as well. The only difference is that your character turns with the camera.

AND, can you imagine: I have no problem with the controls, on the contrary, I find them more easy to deal with then with the FPS based controls. Why? Well, for instance, I don't have to press left and wait 5 seconds for her to turn like a tank just to see what there is on the left, and then to the right. Now imagine how that would be while crossing the street!
    If it had true FPS controls, she would turn instantly when you moved the mouse.

The camera CANNOT be behind you, because there is a wall! Just tell me how you could see them? YOU COULDN'T!
    Most games solve this by making the wall transparent.

And imagine jumping from left to right constantly while the camera is behind you... From that constant fliping I'd go insane and puke!
    Here's an idea; Maybe the designers shouldn't have made sections where you need to jump back and forth repeatedly. That sounds like a really annoying part of a level.

The point is, the new controls are more complex, and add a lot of variety, and boy do I love complex things
    If you like complex things, spend a month learning to write with your "wrong" hand.

If you can't get used to it, don't play!
    I'm not, that's the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by rekrul View Post
    Take the camera, mount it on top of Lara's head and what do you have? An FPS.
    Nope, you get a TPS: Third Person Shooter!!! Need to learn basics

You can look around with FPS controls as well. The only difference is that your character turns with the camera.
    Yes you can, but with risk your character falls down AND it takes a HUGE amount of time when compared to the camera that is being used in Legend and Anniversary (just think of Tomb Raider 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5).

If it had true FPS controls, she would turn instantly when you moved the mouse.
    No she wouldn't, remember TR 1-5? Like I said, it is a TPS not an FPS, and shall never be a FPS!

Most games solve this by making the wall transparent.
    Yeah, and that is why I could see into the next room without having to open the door in Tomb Raider 1-5 and I REALLY hated that!

Here's an idea; Maybe the designers shouldn't have made sections where you need to jump back and forth repeatedly. That sounds like a really annoying part of a level.
    And, it sounds like a really hard part, and YES, HARD PARTS ARE GREAT!!! They need to make up new things so Prince Of Persia doesn't run them over, jumping back and forth repeatedly is a great way to do so.

If you like complex things, spend a month learning to write with your "wrong" hand.
    I did, so I can write with both hands for about 10 years now.

I'm not, that's the whole point.
    Too bad for you. You're the one missing out on something great.

Nope, you get a TPS: Third Person Shooter!!! Need to learn basics
    It's only a third person shooter if you can see the character. If the camera is effectively showing you the same view that the character would see and you can't see the character, it's a first person shooter.

Yes you can, but with risk your character falls down
    Any third person game where there's a risk of your character falling because you simply turned in place was programmed by a complete and utter moron who has no business working on games. That should NEVER be an issue.

AND it takes a HUGE amount of time when compared to the camera that is being used in Legend and Anniversary (just think of Tomb Raider 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5).
    That's because none of the Tomb Raider games have used FPS controls. Yes, I know that's probably difficult for you to understand, what with the TR games having so much in common with FPS games, like walking and um... turning, but it's true.

Or did you find some magical way to give TR1-5 mouse control?

Turning with FPS style controls takes NO time, it happens as fast as you can move the mouse.

Tell me, have you played Jedi Academy? Or Heavy Metal FAKK2? Or either of the Max Payne games? Here's the part that will really blow your mind; Every one of them is a third person shooter and every one of them uses the exact same keyboard/mouse control scheme that is used by every single FPS game since the invention of mouselook. Really! Go play one of them. Then play any recent FPS game. Then play one of those games again. See? Same controls! You move the mouse, the view instantly pans to follow and your character instantly turns to face whatever direction the camera is facing. No slow turning, no bad camera angles, no falling off edges because you turned, it just works.

No she wouldn't, remember TR 1-5? Like I said, it is a TPS not an FPS, and shall never be a FPS!
    Go play one of the games I mentioned. Until you do, you have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about.

Yeah, and that is why I could see into the next room without having to open the door in Tomb Raider 1-5 and I REALLY hated that!
    Yes, that's a sign of bad programming. Done properly, you should never see any objects getting in the way of the camera.

And, it sounds like a really hard part, and YES, HARD PARTS ARE GREAT!!! They need to make up new things so Prince Of Persia doesn't run them over, jumping back and forth repeatedly is a great way to do so.
    Yes, because as we all know, the best way to have fun is to force players of lesser skill to endlessly repeat the same sections over and over and over and over and over due the jumping required and the idiotic decision not to allow unlimited saving.

You want to know how that particular design decision was made? It wasn't any grand choice on the part of the design team to build tension or suspense. They most likely had the game almost finished, they gave it to a bunch of teenagers to test and they probably finished it in about two hours. One designer looked at the other one and said "Oh crap! We can't sell a game that only lasts two hours! What are we going to do?" Designer two thought for a second and then replied "Lose the quicksave option and put in checkpoints so that when the player screws up they have to replay it. Oh and make sure that you don't put the checkpoints right near where most people are going to die, that way they'll have to replay all the boring parts over again before they get to the hard ones. That should add a few hours to the playing time."

I did, so I can write with both hands for about 10 years now.
    Congratulations. Now teach yourself to write while holding the pen at the end of a pair of chopsticks.

You guys never quit, don't you..... Pathetic to keep going on with a pointless discussion.

I for instance love the fact the camera isn't locked behind Lara
    That's why it should be an option. Some people like it that way, some don't. I think it would definitely be helpful to have the camera locked behind Lara at some parts of the game. I managed okay with the current controls, but yes, it would be nice to lock it behind her.

I assume you've never played Jedi Academy or other games like that, but if you ever do, you will see that what Rekrul is suggesting is actually a very workable system. Camera movement would be just as quick as it is now, the only difference is that instead of seeing Lara's face when you spin the camera around, you would always be looking at her back.

Who knows? Maybe CD will have a "Lock Camera" option in future games. I see no reason why it couldn't work, and a lot of people are complaining about the current system, so it would be worth it for them to look into the possibility.

simple really afer all this "POINTLESS" as it was put disgution

I was thinking, why are you playing tomb raider in the first place? It is as it is it aint going to change. Just like res evil, its the way it is

write to eidos / CD like i said, they might listen, they always do

Quote Originally Posted by Paulraider View Post
    I was thinking, why are you playing tomb raider in the first place? It is as it is it aint going to change.
    Have you played the entire series? It HAS changed. Look at TR1-5 compared to TRL and TRA. It has definitely changed, and therefore it could change again. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Even though I manage just fine the Anniversary/Legend control scheme, I prefer the old scheme. Add the mouse to it, there you have it, no slow turns, no tank movement.

The only bit that could be problematic with the old scheme in TRA is maybe the wall walking with the grapple. Nothing that couldn't be overcome by actually having the usual swinging grapple instead.

The new scheme hasn't been much of a problem in TRA, but I remember the camera suddenly changing positions while I held a button in Legend, suddenly what was in my left wasn't in my left anymore, and off to the cliff went Lara.

I don't know much about game programming, but really, it shouldn't be much of a problem to lock the view behind Lara. Make it optional, so people can choose whatever they prefer. They've done that to combat system....

I much prefer the old control system but I only play on consoles. I played Legend on 360 and whilst I don't like this new control system, it didn't pose too many problems.

I am playing TRA on ps3 and I am having all kinds of problems controlling Lara, especially when it comes to the dreaded wall run and jumps. I think this is because of a combination of the new controls and the fact I am using the ps3 controller which I just do not like at all.

I am just waiting for TRA to come out on 360 (the 360 controller is far superior to the ps3 controller, imo) and i will see if I have the same problems as I have had so far.

Regardless of what controller I will be using, I am not a fan of this new control system and I much prefer the controls of the earlier games...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mangar The Dark View Post
    Have you played the entire series? It HAS changed. Look at TR1-5 compared to TRL and TRA. It has definitely changed, and therefore it could change again. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.
    The game has not changed the emensly. i have played them all yes. AOD was different cos they tried to change what seemed to be a dying fracncies at the time.

with the new games, its different company, bought something new to tomb raider. Anniversary has lara creator on board for the first time since the first one was produced and legend is awsome.

So at the end of the day be thankful that tomb raider is still around, it could have died, ty CD

It's only a third person shooter if you can see the character. If the camera is effectively showing you the same view that the character would see and you can't see the character, it's a first person shooter.
    No it's not, it is still a TPS... IF you can see the character it is TPS regardles of the controls and everything else. It is a basic rule and I'm surprised you don't know it.

Any third person game where there's a risk of your character falling because you simply turned in place was programmed by a complete and utter moron who has no business working on games. That should NEVER be an issue.
    But it was an issue in TR 1-5 simply because you had ledges that were so tight you could not turn, for example the edge: --- Lara: I ... So as you can see, it doesn't work. Sure, those edges were minor, and there aren't anymore of them, but still...

That's because none of the Tomb Raider games have used FPS controls. Yes, I know that's probably difficult for you to understand, what with the TR games having so much in common with FPS games, like walking and um... turning, but it's true.

Or did you find some magical way to give TR1-5 mouse control?
    Nope, and I hope I never do. Would look really awful.

Turning with FPS style controls takes NO time, it happens as fast as you can move the mouse.

Tell me, have you played Jedi Academy? Or Heavy Metal FAKK2? Or either of the Max Payne games? Here's the part that will really blow your mind; Every one of them is a third person shooter and every one of them uses the exact same keyboard/mouse control scheme that is used by every single FPS game since the invention of mouselook. Really! Go play one of them. Then play any recent FPS game. Then play one of those games again. See? Same controls! You move the mouse, the view instantly pans to follow and your character instantly turns to face whatever direction the camera is facing. No slow turning, no bad camera angles, no falling off edges because you turned, it just works.
    I have played everyone of them, and yes they do work (even though turning fast as a McLaren F1 is moronic) and yes they COULD make it an option to turn on a locked camera, if it's going to make them more money by making more fans and bringing back the old ones they should... But make it an option, because I doubt I'd ever use it.

Go play one of the games I mentioned. Until you do, you have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about.
    Already have. I do.

Yes, that's a sign of bad programming. Done properly, you should never see any objects getting in the way of the camera.
    I doubt they would ever do that properly.

Yes, because as we all know, the best way to have fun is to force players of lesser skill to endlessly repeat the same sections over and over and over and over and over due the jumping required and the idiotic decision not to allow unlimited saving.
    So that way those players can learn how to play and be of no lesser skill anymore! Or should they make Tomb Raider Anniversay babysit edition?
    The point is, the harder the games are (while never being impossible to complete) the better. You sound like kids complaining I pwned them AGAIN in an FPS.
    I finished the game (TRA) 3 times, it took me 9 hours the first time, just under my min. since I hate games that last less than 10 hours but I forgave TRA. If they made it any easier I'd never even play the game. Either that or make the game longer, atleast 2 dvds.

You want to know how that particular design decision was made? It wasn't any grand choice on the part of the design team to build tension or suspense. They most likely had the game almost finished, they gave it to a bunch of teenagers to test and they probably finished it in about two hours. One designer looked at the other one and said "Oh crap! We can't sell a game that only lasts two hours! What are we going to do?" Designer two thought for a second and then replied "Lose the quicksave option and put in checkpoints so that when the player screws up they have to replay it. Oh and make sure that you don't put the checkpoints right near where most people are going to die, that way they'll have to replay all the boring parts over again before they get to the hard ones. That should add a few hours to the playing time."
    The only, AND ONLY place I had to repeat a lot of times was climbing the tower in the final level (2 wallruns, timed). If they put in quicksaves it would be too easy.

Congratulations. Now teach yourself to write while holding the pen at the end of a pair of chopsticks.
    I think I'll find some more relevant things to learn but tnx for the advice.

But it was an issue in TR 1-5 simply because you had ledges that were so tight you could not turn, for example the edge: --- Lara: I ... So as you can see, it doesn't work. Sure, those edges were minor, and there aren't anymore of them, but still...
    I've played every TR from 1-6 and I can't recall ever falling off an edge just because I turned in place. In fact, It was common practice for me to position her right at the edge, then turn so that she was lined up properly for the jump. If she had fallen off just by turning, I would have been really annoyed.

Most games aren't advanced enough to take the actual shape of the character into question. Because of this, the orientation of that character usually doesn't matter, only that the ledge is wide enough for the character to fit on. The only ledges I can remember that were skinny enough that turning wouldn't have been possible were in TR:AOD, but you had to pass those by flattening against the wall, which made turning impossible anyway.

If I'm not mistaken, most games position your character according to the center-line of the model, regardless of orientation. Then when you turn, it simply rotates the model around this line. Because the position doesn't change, turning shouldn't affect whether or not you continue standing on a ledge. Consider the clipping problems in TR1-6; You stand Lara near a wall, then turn and her arm and leg disappear into the wall. This is because they're just rotating the model without regard to her surroundings.

I have played everyone of them, and yes they do work (even though turning fast as a McLaren F1 is moronic)
    True, but then many things in games aren't exactly realistic, like how your character never gets out of breath, never has reduced abilities after getting hurt, how they can carry half the contents of an armory in their backpack/coat without having to deal with the extra weight, etc. If you were to add all the weight of the stuff Lara can carry, she'd sink like an anchor the first time she jumped in water.

and yes they COULD make it an option to turn on a locked camera, if it's going to make them more money by making more fans and bringing back the old ones they should... But make it an option, because I doubt I'd ever use it.
    That's all I'm saying, make it an option for people who don't like the current control scheme.

I doubt they would ever do that properly.
    I've always said that the camera in the original games seemed like it was mounted on the end of a long springy wire attached to the back of Lara's head. In open spaces it works great. Back her against the wall and the wire bends out to the side. Stand her in a narrow dead end and the wire bends around and ends up looking at her from the front.

In some games, it's more like a telescoping pole and when you back the character up against the wall and the pole collapses until the camera is right behind the character's head. In these situations, the character usually turns transparent so that you can see what's in front of them.

So that way those players can learn how to play and be of no lesser skill anymore! Or should they make Tomb Raider Anniversay babysit edition?
    They should make the games longer with sections that take more time to complete, but not necesarily make them much harder unless you're playing on a higher skill level.

About half the reviews I've read for games made in the last ten years or so say "Good game, but too short, most players will complete it in a few hours." It kind of makes you wonder why games with editors will have hundreds of fan-made levels available for them, but yet the companies can't produce a game with more than 10-20 levels. It's like they're afraid that if they release a game that's too long, people won't like it. Of course I know it's all about the money. Why produce a long game when you can produce two shorter games and make twice the money.

The point is, the harder the games are (while never being impossible to complete) the better. You sound like kids complaining I pwned them AGAIN in an FPS.
    Impossible to complete by whose standards? Every game and gamer is different.

I finished both Max Payne games on the DOA level, American McGee's Alice on Nightmare difficulty and I play Thief 1 & 2 on Expert (although they don't really count since they're about avoiding fights, not starting them). Serious Sam the First and Second Encounters I had to put on the next skill level down from normal or I just couldn't keep up. I beat Halo on normal, but when I tried the next level up, I couldn't even make it off the ship.

I finished the game (TRA) 3 times, it took me 9 hours the first time, just under my min. since I hate games that last less than 10 hours but I forgave TRA. If they made it any easier I'd never even play the game. Either that or make the game longer, atleast 2 dvds.
    I'd love to play a modern FPS game with 30+ levels, or a space combat game with 50+ missions, but it seems that the developers are committed to making the games as short as they can get away with.

The only, AND ONLY place I had to repeat a lot of times was climbing the tower in the final level (2 wallruns, timed). If they put in quicksaves it would be too easy.
    Everyone is different. The problem is that they can't predict what parts people will have problems with, so it's likely that some people are going to have to replay the boring parts to get back to the part they're having trouble with.

Besides, there's nothing that says you have to use quicksaves if they're available. I mean, if you want a harder game, you could always force yourself to play with no saves at all. Play until you die, then regardless of what the game allows, start over from the beginning. It would make the game last much longer. It'd also be frustrating as hell.

I've been looking at the replies after mine and this thread seems to be going round in cirlces

Looking at some of the replies and what Rekrul said at the beginning, he alreayd made his mind up about tomb raider before he even started to post

for once and for all, look @ what i said, at leats tomb raider is still around. Lara herself has been with different poeple, different storys different makers, idea since 1996, the game is always going to eigher feel, look and maybe sound different depending on the console you play

before AOD was released no matter how flawed people thought it was i thought" what more could thet have done with tomb raider, lara coft had been round the world twice or more over"

Just be thankful that tomb raider is still the style it is. He could have been totally differen if another company had taken it, other that CD, but then again CD has taken it and made it again, one of the best games to play in existance and it has sold milliions more than any other game in the series

There i hope that settles this epic thread, then again it might open more questions, ARGH!, lmao

I've been looking at the replies after mine and this thread seems to be going round in cirlces

Looking at some of the replies and what Rekrul said at the beginning, he alreayd made his mind up about tomb raider before he even started to post

for once and for all, look @ what i said, at leats tomb raider is still around. Lara herself has been with different poeple, different storys different makers, idea since 1996, the game is always going to eigher feel, look and maybe sound different depending on the console you play

before AOD was released no matter how flawed people thought it was i thought" what more could thet have done with tomb raider, lara coft had been round the world twice or more over"

Just be thankful that tomb raider is still the style it is. He could have been totally differen if another company had taken it, other that CD, but then again CD has taken it and made it again, one of the best games to play in existance and it has sold milliions more than any other game in the series

There i hope that settles this epic thread, then again it might open more questions, ARGH!, lmao
    I guess I just don't understand why you're so averse to people making suggestions about how it could be improved. Yes, I'm sure most of us ARE thankful the series is still around, but does that mean we can't make suggestions about ways in which it could be even better? Requesting the ability to lock the camera behind Lara is not unreasonable.
    CD did listen to many of our suggestions after Legend, so there's hope that they may listen to our suggestions now. If we all just sit here saying, "Well golly, I'm sure glad CD made a new TR game!" how will anything ever improve? And, as good as TRA is, there is still room for some improvement. I get the feeling that CD appreciates seeing suggestions about what we would like to see. After all, they're making a product that they want to sell, so if they can get feedback about what we like and don't like, isn't that helpful to them?

ive got np with people forwarding suggestions and games will always improve with new technology and powerful consoles cos thats just the way games go.

tomb raider is like it is, they wont change the basic premis of the game, if they began changing it drastically then there would be a problem

I actually was saying to poeple " i bet they will rerelease the old games" and they have, i wasnt suprised they made anniversary and with lara's creator at the heml

Legend was first and CD did an amazing job and now there is going to be legend 2 and is going to look stunning on 360 and PS3

I do like the changes they have made, the grabble part is genuis, is the little details

tomb raider is like it is, they wont change the basic premis of the game, if they began changing it drastically then there would be a problem
    Like they did with Legend? The only thing Legend had in common with previous games was Lara. It was an action game starring Lara Croft, and not even the same Lara Croft from the previous games.

Legend killed my hope of ever playing Tomb Raider again; Anniversary has me cautiously optimistic that CD might understand what Tomb Raider is about. I hope they will continue to tread the new path and bring back the isolation and atmosphere that captured my imagination *cough* years ago. I hope they realize they don't have to force every gaming trend into the Tomb Raider formula like the new camera system or the interactive cut scenes. I hope they continue to expand Lara's repertoire to include new moves like the AD (which I liked, although it was poorly introduced in the game,) and refine her current move set to be far more responsive and to make it more athletic so the platforming path less obvious (and just to make Lara look cool again on her feet. Don't you miss backflipping onto a crate?)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
    Like they did with Legend? The only thing Legend had in common with previous games was Lara. It was an action game starring Lara Croft, and not even the same Lara Croft from the previous games.

Legend killed my hope of ever playing Tomb Raider again; Anniversary has me cautiously optimistic that CD might understand what Tomb Raider is about. I hope they will continue to tread the new path and bring back the isolation and atmosphere that captured my imagination *cough* years ago. I hope they realize they don't have to force every gaming trend into the Tomb Raider formula like the new camera system or the interactive cut scenes. I hope they continue to expand Lara's repertoire to include new moves like the AD (which I liked, although it was poorly introduced in the game,) and refine her current move set to be far more responsive and to make it more athletic so the platforming path less obvious (and just to make Lara look cool again on her feet. Don't you miss backflipping onto a crate?)
    What do you mean, legend killed off lara?

Would have bee better if they remade 1-4?

Uptil angel of darkness, the tomb raider francies was dead, you have got to thing about why it took them so long to release another game then rushed it.

They tried a new direction for the game aith AOD, which was a good idea AT THE TIME, but obviously didnt work and they let the francies go.

Eidos obviously wanted to turn it around and went to CD, otherwise we would not have had the most recent games in the first place

NO matter what they do with it, they cant ignore the fact that there are millions of fans out there that will boygot the games if they do something drastic

ITs a matter of what they had to do and i like it, some people may not, but as a gamer i'm glad its back

What do you mean, legend killed off lara?
    No, but Legend wasn't Tomb Raider. That game owed far more to God of War than any Tomb Raider game. With its straight pipe level design, unimaginative enemies, interactive cut scenes and and constant soundtrack, (not to mention the constant chatter,) the game just wasn't Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider was far more than tombs, Lara, and twin pistols, and that was pretty much all Legend had in common with its predecessors.

It's not about never trying things new---it's about forgetting what made Tomb Raider different. The things that were lost with Legend were the things that made Tomb Raider unique among franchises: the sense of isolation and dread, the thrill of actually finding something, the thrill when you make Lara do something amazing ("She'll never make that jump---OMG! She made that jump!)

Like I said before, Anniversary went a long way to making me believe I'll play Tomb Raider again. If you'd read my posts you'd know I'm not about not changing anything, but just plugging gaming trends into a game without any consideration of whether or not it changes the "game" isn't right either. Legend is nothing more than cobbled together bits from other games. Anniversary at least took something from another game and improved upon it 75% of the time, and it felt like Tomb Raider.

For all who can't accept the NEW Tomb Raider!!!! Get yourself the Tomb Raider Level Editor (TRLE). With that you can build and play your own levels or even download custom made levels for free at various places on the net.

In that way you're able to continue and enjoy the classic TR game play and controls. There are amazing custom made games with great storylines out there for hours, days or even weeks of fun.

There are also new great releases coming up with high resolution textures, enhanced Lara looks and so on.

And for now, stop this pointless crap discussion that seems to repeat itself all the time. Accept the fact that they won't change the game play or the controls just because some people can't handle them or deal with it.

Peace Out!!!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Era View Post
    And for now, stop this pointless crap discussion that seems to repeat itself all the time. Accept the fact that they won't change the game play or the controls just because some people can't handle them or deal with it.
    Ummm, well, people have the right to discuss what they are thinking about in a kind and calm way.

If some of the fanbase is unhappy with the game controls, they have the right to say that. All games should have a way for fans to play them for their 60 odd bucks, and if there are problems with the controls that many people experience that make the game unplayable, it is a valid topic to bring to the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by CatSuit&Ponytail View Post
    Ummm, well, people have the right to discuss what they are thinking about in a kind and calm way.

If some of the fanbase is unhappy with the game controls, they have the right to say that. All games should have a way for fans to play them for their 60 odd bucks, and if there are problems with the controls that many people experience that make the game unplayable, it is a valid topic to bring to the developers.
    You're right about that. Sorry, had a bad day but i shouldn't reflect that towards our friends here on the forum.

For myself i have to say i like the new controls and game play but there is one little thing that's bugging me what takes a bit of the real TR spirit away.

That are the little screen pop-ups in the right upper corner that say what button you have to press. Like for example on the PS-2: Press Square to use the grapple. And so on.

I hope they don't use that again in the following game releases of TR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Era View Post
    ...Like for example on the PS-2: Press Square to use the grapple. And so on.

I hope they don't use that again in the following game releases of TR.
    You mean the hints? They will appear in the next TR games for sure as not everyone played the previous versions and learned the controls. However, you can turn off the hints.

Quote Originally Posted by RitaG18 View Post
    You mean the hints? They will appear in the next TR games for sure as not everyone played the previous versions and learned the controls. However, you can turn off the hints.
    I play Anniversary on PlayStation 2, tried to turn off the hints but it doesn't seem to work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast