Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it safe to talk about Core's version yet?

i wouldnt change anything, lovely game, lovely game indeed!

I'm glad Crystal did it, and I'm glad Core did'nt. I'm sure that if Core did it, it would'nt be as great as it is.

My only worry is that CD won't grasp onto the feel of Tomb Raider, and ruin it. You could see in Legend that Tomb Raider was'nt what it was supposed to be.

I think the only reason CD did so good with Anniversary was because Toby Guard was there to make sure the game was true to the original.
    "I'm up for a little heresy"

Quote Originally Posted by rabid metro View Post
    you could always discuss your opinions here about Core a/o the development of TRA. at any time ...

IMO, discussing Core has about as much potential as kissing your cousin.
    i'm not trying to be rude, its just that this is all water under the bridge.
    if you want to register an opinion about how Core was treated, so be it ...
    ???

what is it exactly that you want to talk about? ... (that isn't already public knowledge or pointless).
    is there some truth out there that needs to be revealed??? else ... ???
    BTW, Core had a proposal for TRA and the proposal was rejected (and never completed) ...
    so there is no Core version of TRA (in a technical sense) ...

for example, here is one thing that is now certain (... pointless and public knowledge ...):
    Core will never develop another Tomb Raider (even if CD manages to somehow botch it as Core did before them).

soooo, feel free to talk historical facts, or, if you prefer, your opinions... safely ...
    on the other hand, is there really anything more that needs to be said?

*my spider senses are signalling extreme foolishness*
    Well technically, there is no Core version but by heart, fans know that one did exist anyway There is really no foolishness if people just talk and open up their opnions (whether we agree to it or not). I completely understand what you said there of course

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist View Post

I think the only reason CD did so good with Anniversary was because Toby Guard was there to make sure the game was true to the original.
    Toby was there for Legend, too.

But it will be interesting to see what happens with Legend 2. Will it feel more like Legend, or more like Anniversary. Personally, I'm hoping it feels like Anniversary.

That's the million dollar question, isn't it? Which "Tomb Raider" will show up in the sequel to Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangar The Dark View Post
    Toby was there for Legend, too.
    Oh.
    Well mabye he was asleep!
    "I'm up for a little heresy"

Yes I didnt feel legend as a tomb raider Game. I hope that CD wont Ruin Tomb raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Qbert View Post
    This should be public knowledge by now, so I don't know what else you're trying to imply here.

I'm thinking I'll just wait for a mod to chime in here and come up with some of the details on the whole situation. Slim chance anyone would allow us to know anything or find info on it, but I'd rather take my chances then to remain gagged on the subject. Maybe if we're lucky, there might be a site that kept track on everything. Who knows.
    What I am trying to imply is exactly what I wrote. The game was cancelled! Eidos made an official statement informing that it was cancelled and that Crystal Dynamics were making a version instead. I'd post a link to a site about it but not sure I am allowed. The video was for a PSP version that Core was supposedly delevoping. As Core do not exist anymore it could not be finsihed by them. I highly doubt eidos would ask Crystal Dynamics to complete it when thy have made their own version!

Core is taken over by SCi Entertainment Group. Core's version of Anniversary was running on a PSP engine but the project was cancelled by SCI.

wow, that owuld suck eh! Someone comes in says, "I'm in charge now, and oh yea, remember those games: Tomb raider, that we used to make, oh yea I was supposed to tell you 8 months ago when we first bought this place out, because we're big greed me-monsters(watch brian regan if you dont know what that is) that love money, that we're cancelling everyhting you just made for the new Tomb Raider over the last 8 months and are going to start washing and polishing golf balls. Hey I hope you'll enjoy your stay because you're gunna be here for LIFE!!" lol, wow, I'd hate to be in CORE's shoes right about now.

Core still exists. They continue to develop games.

I agree upon reading what documentation there is that Core appears to have been jilted about the game. I don't think they'd commit the resources to developing a new engine for the game w/o some sort of go-ahead from Eidos. But Eidos and SCI merged, and things clearly changed with new management. Plus CD had a successful game in Legend.

It would still be fun to play another version though, not necessarily to compare and declare a "winner", but just because the original is such a great game. Really, can we ever get enough?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaB View Post

I agree upon reading what documentation there is that Core appears to have been jilted about the game. I don't think they'd commit the resources to developing a new engine for the game w/o some sort of go-ahead from Eidos. But Eidos and SCI merged, and things clearly changed with new management. Plus CD had a successful game in Legend.

It would still be fun to play another version though, not necessarily to compare and declare a "winner", but just because the original is such a great game. Really, can we ever get enough?
    And yeah I totally forgot about that SCI merged with Eidos and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaB View Post

Core were sold out and bought by Rebellion, also a computer games company. Eidos still own the Core brand however. After AOD failure I think it would be unlikely that eidos would appoint Rebellion to make any more Tombraiders. Never say never though and maybe one day in the future the project will be reinstated. At the moment it does not seem likely as we already have a remake.

I wish I could play it. I'd play anything right now...because I'm just replayed out of my mind with Anniversary...and for a catsuit outfit.

It's funny to me how the old Core games, I would go back and want to play them (except AOD ), and the new CD have all these extras and all but I just can't work up any excitement over replaying it.

I don't know. Somehow refighting the TRex in the original, and fighting Sophia, or hanging with Werner as a little girl, or the river swimming with the piranhas, and even the evil little monkeys, and how the monks would turn all violent and beat up the hoodlums for you if you didn't shoot them, and Area 51 with the boat on fire and the alarm blaring, and I miss Core.

Sorry CD. I do think the graphics are awesome...but I want more substance!!! I have never before finished games so soon and I'm bored.

l still happily play Tomb Raider 1 and Anniversary was a great game, but if they were to ever release the Core remake l would still buy it, l do have more than a slight preference for the more classic Tomb Raider games, and l am sure Core would have done a brilliant job on what should have been their final Tomb Raider game, alas fate was against them again and it will never be finished now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12