Thread: Final Fantasy VI Impression

Final Fantasy VI Impression

Here I am posting on their very website, of all places...

This is the crown jewel of the series. No other game in the entire history of Final Fantasy has managed to suck me in every time I start it up like this one.

Go anywhere they sell musical instruments, go to the keyboard room, find a good organ tone, and place your finger on the white key to the right of the two black keys. This is the note "E." And this is what is playing when you switch on Final Fantasy 6. The ascending fourth intervals finally give way to videogaming's most famous scare chord.

This game means to scare the living bejeezus out of you, and it hurts so good.

We start with a world that resembles ours. We fill it with (barring a few acceptable breaks from reality) characters that are human in their imperfections; the confidence-shattered sorceress, the overprotective of women thief, the skirt-chasing royal. And a villain who you eventually find (if you're looking for it), was once as human as any of the characters, and is now...how shall we put this? WAY more human than any of the characters...like, WAY WAY more human. Like, so human, he becomes inhuman.

No other entry in the series can boast such a persistently detestable villain as 6, and yet, this is only one of its myriad strengths.

Final Fantasy 6 scored the number one spot in the Final Fantasy Society's "Top 25 Squaresoft games" article, and it was no freak accident. This game rises above and beyond the call of duty for any video game and truly infuses the player with a sense of immersion unlike any other entry in the series since.

This is the crown jewel of the series. Yet Square-Enix shovels out a half-hearted remake for the GBA with a couple of bonus dungeons that you're expected to grind up to the maximum level to be able to handle...and butchered music...and joy-killing slowdown.

I think we, as a fanbase, ought to demand more love for this entry in the series, and I'm starting right here.

I've heard what Mr. Kitase said about these "old-style" RPGs being irreproducable in a modern game engine, and I say we have a name for that where I come from, and it's called "making excuses."

This game is too good to be ignored, and I just ran out of give-a-darn.

Get Jennifer Hale to voice Terra Branford, while you're at it.

Go ahead, don't mind me, I'll wait. Get to work.
    Live long and prosper

i"ve been playing final fantasy since i was intrduced to it when i was younger. i love the way all of them are different in there own way but the relate to each other . every new game square comes out with is an exciting new adventure waiting for you to experience. their are those that stand out more than others "that like ff7 for instance". ive played every single one their is to play and out of all of them ff7 everyone knows of, even people that dont play have at least heard of it from all the sequals to the movie. now dont get me wrong im not going to be dissing ff7 but i think ff3 for super nintendo (which i believe is actually 6 in japan) was released hear way before its time.when i play a final fantasy game, im way more interested in the story line of the game way more than graphics "although to be able to see what you make the characters do is pretty awesome" and i think that ff7 became what it is today because of the story and the essence of the bad guy and for it being the first 3d release everyone was excited. now i dont speak to alot of people that have played ff3 for the super nintendo often usally the played the one released on ds which isnt the same one, but ff3 for the super had an amazing storyline, side quest, junctioning system, but out of everything what i remember most is kefka (the bad guy). i know the graffics weren't their on the super nintendo but the story was and that guy was pure evil. to me he made sephiroth look like a *****, and i think this game has the potenial to be what ff7 is to everyone and maybe more. i could see sequals for it and everything. the only thing is kids complain about graffics now they want everything to look real. what i purpose is the remake of this game but not for ds or the vita i dont think would be enough to make it the hit it could be. i think you should remake it for the ps3 and 360 that way you have all the technology to do wonders with the game dont change the characters at all or the storyline but revamp it to do the game the justice it deserves. and i think with with todays society that if you rereleased this revamped game that it will capture the hearts and minds of all those final fantasy advocates. this game has so much potential i dont think square has reliesed it.

its definitely a magical game. i'd like to see it re-made but hope they can do it right.

i"ve been playing final fantasy since i was intrduced to it when i was younger. i love the way all of them are different in there own way but the relate to each other . every new game square comes out with is an exciting new adventure waiting for you to experience. their are those that stand out more than others "that like ff7 for instance". ive played every single one their is to play and out of all of them ff7 everyone knows of, even people that dont play have at least heard of it from all the sequals to the movie. now dont get me wrong im not going to be dissing ff7 but i think ff3 for super nintendo (which i believe is actually 6 in japan) was released hear way before its time.when i play a final fantasy game, im way more interested in the story line of the game way more than graphics "although to be able to see what you make the characters do is pretty awesome" and i think that ff7 became what it is today because of the story and the essence of the bad guy and for it being the first 3d release everyone was excited. now i dont speak to alot of people that have played ff3 for the super nintendo often usally the played the one released on ds which isnt the same one, but ff3 for the super had an amazing storyline, side quest, junctioning system, but out of everything what i remember most is kefka (the bad guy). i know the graffics weren't their on the super nintendo but the story was and that guy was pure evil. to me he made sephiroth look like a *****, and i think this game has the potenial to be what ff7 is to everyone and maybe more. i could see sequals for it and everything. the only thing is kids complain about graffics now they want everything to look real. what i purpose is the remake of this game but not for ds or the vita i dont think would be enough to make it the hit it could be. i think you should remake it for the ps3 and 360 that way you have all the technology to do wonders with the game dont change the characters at all or the storyline but revamp it to do the game the justice it deserves. and i think with with todays society that if you rereleased this revamped game that it will capture the hearts and minds of all those final fantasy advocates. this game has so much potential i dont think square has reliesed it.

This forum is to discuss Final Fantasy III, not VI.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

Final Fantasy VI was also rated the NUMBER ONE game of all time on IGN's TOP 100 RPGs! Here's the link: http://www.ign.com/top/rpgs/1 ... I would love to see more FF VI love from SE. It is my all-time favorite game and my dream is to see it remade with modern graphics so we all can enjoy it again at a whole new level.

Originally Posted by DragonHunterG

its definitely a magical game. i'd like to see it re-made but hope they can do it right.

FF6 remake would be good for 3ds.