Thread: TRA for PC on a Widescreen LCD Monitor

Question TRA for PC on a Widescreen LCD Monitor

Just curious to know if anyone is playing TRA for the PC on a Widescreen LCD monitor? I just bought the PC version & am also thinking about buying a 20" Widescreen LCD. Does it look awesome? What resolution are you using/highest?

Thanks!
    Http://Gamer4Lyfe.1up.com

Laptop 17" widescreen...Looks good at 1900 x 1200.

Yeah, it looks great in widescreen.
    What it seems to do when you go to widescreen mode is stretch the background to fit (because you don't notice that) and keep Lara the same so she doesn't look crap like when people have their tele permanently in widescreen mode even though hardly any programs are transmitted in widescreen. Sad.
    Lucky you if you can afford a 20 inch one, too.
    The only thing I'd think about, though, is how powerful is your graphics card? With a big screen like that, you're gonna want to use high resolutions and may find games with meaty graphics like Legend with the NextGen turned on don't run smoothly at the high resolutions you screen can do. I have a seriously overclocked 7900 GTX and even that can get a bit stuttery at resolutions above 1280 x 1024 with all the graphics settings hard against the stops. Of course, it has no problems with Anniversary, as it (unfortunately) doesn't have the NextGen option. I always play with the Vsync on because I hate tearing more than I hate anything else. My girlfriend has an overclocked 7300 GT and at 1024 x 768, she has to reduce the antialiasing to 2x to play Anniversary smoothly (again, the Vsync is on)

Thumbs Up

I already ordered these:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009108 - 20" Widescreen LCD (Acer)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102073 - Radeon X1650PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card

Am I ready for TRA on PC?

Oh, PC Specs:
    Vista Home Premium
    2GHZ Athlon XP
    1GB DDR Ram
    160 GB HD

Quote Originally Posted by EJB View Post
    Laptop 17" widescreen...Looks good at 1900 x 1200.
    Screenshots please?
    Edit: Never mind. Here's my new setup just for TRA!

Looks sweet in 16:10!

Waiting on my 24 WS to sahow up so glad to hear TR will do it. I wonder if theres some sort of aspect setting you can change like in D3 from 4:3 to 16:9

Big Grin

TRA has options for 4:3, 16:9 & 16:10 aspect ratios. Just make sure your video card can handle running TRA using the native resolution of your future 24" WS monitor!