Thread: TR Anniv.-Damocles-SpeerRoom Pillar

TR Anniv.-Damocles-SpeerRoom Pillar

hallo,
    congratulations to eidos for a game well done. however there seem to be some small problems with the wallrun and jumping off to the pillars and jumping to them.
    i am in the speerroom and have no problems in jumping on to the grapple and do the wallrun. however, from here lara has to jump to a pillar in order to continue. i have tried now for a week and it is not possible. could this be a bug? i got information out of the internet for a possible solutions with instructions on the correct position for her to jump from, but that does not work either. no matter what directional key i press, she will always jump straight forward even when i press the downward or sidekeys. i also have the guide but that did not help either.
    if there is someone out there who has the same problems, i would greatly appreciate any advise.
    question: will there be a patch out for this game?
    many thx
    lilimarlen

Yeah, I was stuck there for hours too. However, it is possible. It's the camera angles. Once you get it, you'll find it's a lot easier next time you have to use this move. What I did was just wait until Lara turned at the top of the swing and then use the S key to jump

grapple

hi george maciver,
    many thx for your quick reply.may i ask more questions about this?
    1: camera angle ( i am looking to the left and watch her swing above the third muriel). do you see lara from the side or from behind?
    2: do you need to press "jump" and "s " simultaneously?
    i printed out a picture from the internet where it is explained in three steps and it says when you hang down vertically, you need to move lara down to the edge of the first muriel? is that so, or did you just start from the way she hangs right aafter you connect to the grapple?
    lilimarlen

Hiya. Um, can't answer all your questions precisely but I'll try. I think I was on maximum rope (but can't be sure) and I didn't move the camera angle on the last swing (it was behind her). When Lara reached the highest point and turned to run back, then I pressed the S key and Jump together. First time I actually managed it I fell off the column in surprise! This is one of only two things in this game (up to the Tomb of Tihocan) that I would tweak. Don't like that move. Would have been more fun to jump to a ledge and jump back to the column from there. Maybe it's okay for getting to secrets and things, but not as part of the regular gameplay

This bit was quite annoying, but it took me only couple of hours (still a very long time). To be honest, I've no idea how I did it, button pressing was quite random.

TR Anniv. - saving the game

is there any possible way to save the game on a specific spot? it is such a nuisance to always have to do all the jumps in the speerroom again. i tried to save but when i loaded the game i always have to start from the beginning of that room. i found a trainer where one can get various modes, but not for the saving of the game.

i did it

hi to all my wonderful helpers,
    i finally did it and got across from the grapple. in the meantime i even was three times on it. here is what i did, in case someone else might have the same problem in the future.
    1: pressed Q twice and she hangs herself on the grapple
    2: while she is still on her first swing, i counted to two or maybe three and then pressed jump and S and whoppie she jumped right onto the pillar. i never started any new swings with her, just used the first after she gets onto the grapple.
    many thx again.
    lilimarlen

Big Grin

You are gonna be having a lot of "fun" in Egypt and Great Pyramid.

I suggest you practice this.

I'll be wandering into the City of Khamoon later this evening

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMaciver View Post
    I'll be wandering into the City of Khamoon later this evening
    Yes same here but gonna try time trial tonight
    "A kind of evolution on steroids then?"