Thread: Reinstall Problem

Unhappy Reinstall Problem

Hello Everyone.

I hope someone can help me. My dad was installing Tomb Raider Anniversary for me and my brother to play but we had a power cut halfway in to the install. When the power came back on we tried to reinstall but we got an error. So we delete the remaining files but when we put the disc in and run the game to install again we get a message “Pease uninstall the game first” but the game is not there. We have looked fro any remaining files but can’t find any.

Thanks In Advance

Lightbulb

Clear your Registry from all entries for Tomb Raider Anniversary. Better let someone do it who knows how to do that.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. This is Kellie's dad. I have looked around the registry but I can’t find anything with any link to "Tomb Raider Anniversary" or "Eidos" I have tried a registry cleaner to see if it would pick up any left over entries but that never solved the problem. Do you happen to know what the registry entries are?

I have looked through every entry manually and used the find tool in the registry but still can’t seem to solve this problem. Any help you could give me would be very much appreciated as I really don’t want to do a reinstall of windows just for one problem. Thanks again

Lightbulb

Try looking for this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
    SOFTWARE\
    Microsoft\
    Windows\
    CurrentVersion\
    Uninstall\
    Tomb Raider: Anniversary

(if it's there, try deleting at your own risk)

Thanks for the replays. I had another look through the registry and I could not find the above. So what I did was go in to my computer right clicked on the drive that contains the DVD and used the uninstall icon that is on the disc. And finally it uninstalled the remaining files and I could start a fresh install.

Thanks again for all your help.

Smile

That was easy. Why did I not think of that?

Glad it worked.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

Mind on other things?

TRRC.EXE (Tomb Raider Registry Cleaner) has been updated to include TR Anniversary and demo.