Thread: FF1 should be redone in with the new 3d engine.

FF1 should be redone in with the new 3d engine.

I would like to see ff1 redone with the same story, but using today's technology. a 2 dimenional game was awesome 20 years ago, but does not look that awesome today.

I don't want to see this. FF3 and 4 on DS where a dissapointment to me, even though I loved 1, 2 and 6... and I think its because the games simple styles did not translate well into the improved visuals. I personally want a collection of the first 6 games, released in 2d form again... all 6 could probably be fit on a single blu ray disc

I think FF1, in the Origins pack for the PS1, is the best remake of a game that I have ever played. Square-Enix made all of the "necessary" and "sensible" changes that were needed. It's funny because, they fixed EVERYTHING that I griped about back when I was playing the original on the NES in 1990. I strongly believe that this is the remake Square-Enix needs to study if they do decide to remake some more FF games.

i think 2D FF still looks great, but i wouldn't mind a decent 3D remake. the original ff is such a simplistic game in a lot of ways, i unfortunately don't see square doing a direct port with only updated graphics.

If they did Final Fantasy 1 remake I hope they use custom creations you can use on the four warriors of Light

That would be cool.

Originally Posted by Jalian

I don't want to see this. FF3 and 4 on DS where a dissapointment to me, even though I loved 1, 2 and 6... and I think its because the games simple styles did not translate well into the improved visuals. I personally want a collection of the first 6 games, released in 2d form again... all 6 could probably be fit on a single blu ray disc

You didn´t play FF4 on 3ds! was amazing!

no ff1 gotta remain classic focus on a HD FF11 and 12 instead