Thread: nosgoth classes

nosgoth classes

nosgoth classes

so far all i'v seen is 6 classes the flying vampire the big vampire the jumping vampire and the scout alchemist and the other human person but i'm just saying what if there were more classes personally i think a class i would want is a ranged vampire maybe he hits you with a kinesis shot of some sort or hurls a fireball and a very large human maybe like the saraphan knights in blood omen 2 who have those huge swords just some ideas but what are everyone else's ideas

I think ranged vampires would probably not work in terms of the game. I think from the lore, in terms of what so far exists, the vampires have for a long time been complacent. They are physically superior to humans; they only need to hunt them for fun, so why have long range weapons, or at at least focus on developing them? The vampires are not really into technology from what I can see, because they have no need of it. Also, I think the Sarafan have long been replaced as a ruling class and their training and armour has long gone. The humans of this time haven't the nutrition, tradition or means of producing large armoured knights so I think that falls by the way side. It's a nice idea though. I think the kinesis aspect is coming into the Turelim developement?

The devs haven't mentioned anything about the telekinisis as far as I know. I think the best way to get a non-ranged TK would be to have it work in a similar way to the telekinetic orbs Turel himself used in Defiance. The turelim would just create a bunch of them and they would just circle around it until a human came in range. Perhaps Turel resorted to using this more basic version of the ability to sort of feel around for his target since he could no longer see where he was aiming.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    The devs haven't mentioned anything about the telekinisis as far as I know. I think the best way to get a non-ranged TK would be to have it work in a similar way to the telekinetic orbs Turel himself used in Defiance. The turelim would just create a bunch of them and they would just circle around it until a human came in range. Perhaps Turel resorted to using this more basic version of the ability to sort of feel around for his target since he could no longer see where he was aiming.
    I think that would be a kind of misusing the telekinesis... if one can do that, he can do it better. I prefer not having TK at all than having some pityfull things like that.
    signature image

I wouldn't think so if it's a short ranged ability that you can't aim and that must recharge between use. You'd have to swap out one of the other recharge abilities to use it, since you only get two at a time.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I wouldn't think so if it's a short ranged ability that you can't aim and that must recharge between use. You'd have to swap out one of the other recharge abilities to use it, since you only get two at a time.
    even though, a prepared ability for Turelim may make them go OP, since with this TK based attack they will probably still stomp-jump on enemies, making it 2 attacks in one, since the stomp will cause TK to trigger and cause even more damage to the human. So Turelim could kill one with a TK stomp and like 1~2 hits... wouldn't it be too OP? Anyway, may TK not appear in the game (as it is a later Turel ability, it may only be used by older vampires, that had already mastered it) and maybe something as a sensing for humans behind him (that would work, in lore, as a TK field, as the same ability of Defiance Turel, when it senses Raz).
    signature image

it could be used as a deflection ability instead, while they cannot project it like the turelim of SR1 and Turel himself, they might be able to use it as a limited range shield, that only works in the direction there facing

Does anyone know if the Assassins of the eastern lakes and the Desert Stalkers of the far south (that were mentioned in the Scout class Blog description) if they'll be included to the human race playable characters in the future?

Originally Posted by CyberGhost-323
    Does anyone know if the Assassins of the eastern lakes and the Desert Stalkers of the far south (that were mentioned in the Scout class Blog description) if they'll be included to the human race playable characters in the future?
    No, I think those are just skins for the watchers since it says in the lore, all those clans followed the scout class and pledged their allegiance to the watchers, plus there is a concept art that shows off a desert looking costume on a scout.

TK would make the Turelim OP. They are already the tank class of the game, and from what I have seen, their jump attack ability enables them to close distances very quickly. Also, for the Razielim, I think also being able to carry the Duhmahim and drop them on the enemy would be a great idea. This would increase benefits for working as a team for the vampires.

As a long distance TK projectile that you can use whenever you like, sure it would be overpowered.

Change the way it works to a short range ability that needs to recharge and that's no longer the case. That's why I suggested having to swap out an existing ability to use it and making it less predictable like the version Turel himself used in Defiance.

You can't really say something is overpowered until you've seen exactly how much damage it does. Then if it does too much damage, just change the amount to a smaller value.

If I had to guess on the next classes... my hypothesis:

Human Engineer, primitive guns and turrets. Given the level of tech, the guns would probably be mid to short range with heavy damage. Turrets a good distraction but easy to kill, imagine a bright light projecting one that injures/slows vampires or a vampire warning if one is nearby but doesn't tell you direction just plays an alarm to keep the humans on their toes even if they can't actually see it.

Melchiam vampire, burrows through the ground, heals itself by doing damage, can take the skin of the last opponent it kills. Fits in with their lore.

I have 4 words for the human engineer "Stop Sapping Mah Sentry", cause you know it would happen and degenerate into that

still turrets and guns are cool

and Melchirim also still sounds really cool, and i do hope it gets added at some point

Originally Posted by Khalith
    If I had to guess on the next classes... my hypothesis:

Human Engineer, primitive guns and turrets.
    The Scout class has access to turrets already.
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz
    The Scout class has access to turrets already.
    Oh ok. Well then...

Amended Human engineer, primitive guns and the ability to build walls and other obstacles to hinder vampires! :P

Telekinetic knockback would be a good idea to add to some vampire class, because the dark ones are going to have a hard time playing against a very skilled human team with ranged weaponry. Of course then you would want to add some escape mechanics to humans.

In my opinion it would be awesome if they would add one ranged vampire and one melee human as the OP suggested. Of course this would bring more gameplay balance issues, but probably nothing that our awesome devs couldn't handle. I'm all in for variety

Originally Posted by ZenFactor
    Telekinetic knockback would be a good idea to add to some vampire class, because the dark ones are going to have a hard time playing against a very skilled human team with ranged weaponry. Of course then you would want to add some escape mechanics to humans.

In my opinion it would be awesome if they would add one ranged vampire and one melee human as the OP suggested. Of course this would bring more gameplay balance issues, but probably nothing that our awesome devs couldn't handle. I'm all in for variety
    I think that it would ruin the game. The very game is build upon the melee x range point, changing it would spoil the rest. It is, as I see, the only thing that differs this game from the others (apart the LoK references).
    signature image

Originally Posted by ZeroFernir
    melee x range point.
    from what i've read it looks more like stalkers X hunters
    like, HUNTING! and an appropriate skills for it. like, no tanking, no fancy spellcasting, just something to get an edge over the enemy. melee human might be using vampires' tactics - hiding, searching, swiftly striking... assassin/blademaster type maybe? castlevania-type fighter also looks awesome - chains with hooks or something like that for a short range damage and stopping vampires from just walking up-close to his face. and about vampires' telekenesis: one clan has fligh, one has bulk, one get speed, why not give a new clan some short-range telekenesis? not to make it their main attack or 'nuke' type of skill, but a utility: briefly stunning a target to let an ally get in range or get an extra few moments for running away out of an ambush. maybe add a short-timed damage debuff or relatively long cast time to not let it be overused. maybe even make it a 'pull' ability to bring an ally closer to you or bring an enemy out of position. might also be used while jumping for reverse pulling =)

Originally Posted by Xavine
    TK would make the Turelim OP. They are already the tank class of the game, and from what I have seen, their jump attack ability enables them to close distances very quickly. Also, for the Razielim, I think also being able to carry the Duhmahim and drop them on the enemy would be a great idea. This would increase benefits for working as a team for the vampires.
    Rahab's lineage developed scales and essentially turned into fishpeople. In this timeline they will could potentially have acid spit or shoot needles from their scales. Possibly even throw a trident or something.
    Last edited by Badmojoman; 8th Dec 2013 at 05:23. Reason: Wrong clan name

Not at all, ranged vampires were present at this era of Nosgoth and makes a lot of sense lore-wise. Some Turelim and Dumahim showed prowess at mastering telekinetic powers. And the Rahabim made of it their main way of fighting, as they were physically fragile, they also were the only adult vampires unable to face even the smoked sun. According to the silhouette we see in the "new classes coming soon". I think the new vampire class will be a control mage based on the rahabim telekinetic lore and will prolly be a "girl vampire" actually.

I dont think Dumahim had TK at all, and rahabim telekinetic lore isn't quite right, they spit water, also there will never be a ranged vampire (with a ranged primary attack)
    signature image