Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Thread: FFXIV: Installation Issues

FFXIV: Installation Issues

Discuss and help each other out with installation issues here in this thread.
    But, first and foremost: make sure to contact customer support.
    NA
    EU
    JP

---------------------

Title. I'm pretty worn out because I just bought this and it doesn't work because of some issues with the game launch files. I've tried setting my launch options to my resolution and to -dxlevel 80. Is there any other solutions to this as I really want to play this game so I can start my lets play of it. All help would be very appreciated, but when I say help, please no "uninstall/reinstall, update drivers, ect." please.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Grimoire; 22nd Apr 2014 at 13:48.

Have you tried opening the game with the -windowed parameter? Also make sure you have the latest DirectX install.

Yes I ran it with the windowed parameter and it worked! Thank you very much!

It is impossible to get onto the site to report a but with this game. I bought it the 14th & it won't allow me onto the game. Have been on the phone with the tech dept 5 or 6 times, have called accounting twice already. No one can get this darn problem resolved for me. I've called my router company, they walked me through opening ports on my router, called my Time Warner Road Runner, they don't block ports. I am getting jerked around over this and am getting fed up. I have like 6 tickets on this one of which is 21153803 and when I call accounting they tell me I've only called them twice so far about the problem???This is how they deal with problems getting resolved? Just how many times do you have to call them to get any place with them? How about the5 or 6 times I had to call tech? That doesn't count? How about the phone bill I am going to get for this? That doesn't count? Something is wrong with the game I downloaded on their site and it won't allow me access to the game. Keeps giving me error messages, POL-5310, POL-0512, POL0515, POL-0207 etc etc. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection nor my router nor my computer. Something is wrong with the game and they refuse to help me get this resolved. The bug site won't allow me to post tells me I don't have a valid character id. I have a character but I have never been able to get onto the game with it since I bought it 8PM on the 14th of May. How can Square Enix do this to people? Sure they got their $39.99 for the game but I can't even get onto the game and no one gives a darn. Played this game years ago with a darn webtv hookup and didn't have these problems. Remember Webtv? Figured I would play this until the new FF XIV comes out but that is a joke. Seems to me something probably went wrong with the download of the game but will they help me???? NO!! The tech dept had me do everything possible to get the game going and they have exhausted all options. I've played, WOW, EQ2 extended, Guild Wars, Dungeons and Dragons, Lord of th Rings, Runescape and many others online and have never had such problems as with this game and trying to get onto it so it is not my set up nor my computer which is just over a year old and running on Windows 7 64 bit. Never had to have specific ports opened on my router for any game before either. This is just amazing that this issue cannot be resolved. I even took my router offline with direct hookup and no game access, turned off my firewall, did everything but nothing is working to get me on. Just what the heck do I do now since they won't help resolve this? Think it is time for a refund I think!!

A Problem occured while updating...

I finished the main download to the game last night but when I restarted the launcher today it seems there is another patch. This patch is like 1035.90M and about 999.31 into it the status lines begins to move fast and then a message pops up that says "A problem occured while updating. Please restart Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reobrn (Beta) version.

I have redone the download about 5x. So far same thing everytime. I tried running as an adminstrator as was suggested on another forum.

Anyone else having this issue?

Right now the servers are probably being hammered as everyone is trying to get their code updated in preparation for tomorrows Early Access.. Is it resuming the download or redoing the whole new lot each time? (just thinking of your bandwidth etc)
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Originally Posted by jaywalker2309
    Right now the servers are probably being hammered as everyone is trying to get their code updated in preparation for tomorrows Early Access.. Is it resuming the download or redoing the whole new lot each time? (just thinking of your bandwidth etc)
    It has to restart the whole download each time. It's a fast download (like 5 mins) because I'm getting like 6M per seconds...but it's still annoying that it gives me the message right at the very end of the download. Just hoping someone had a suggestion...and it's odd that it mentions beta in the error...I never did any beta testing...

Whats the error code ?

Originally Posted by derek666
    It has to restart the whole download each time. It's a fast download (like 5 mins) because I'm getting like 6M per seconds...but it's still annoying that it gives me the message right at the very end of the download. Just hoping someone had a suggestion...and it's odd that it mentions beta in the error...I never did any beta testing...
    I believe until the servers go live they're still named Beta..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Originally Posted by Whippyice
    Whats the error code ?
    Wowsers...well upon trying to get the error again it finished the download...It seemed to get hung up once it's moving to the next patch connection...I guess just keep trying it until it goes thru...

Thanks for the helps and replies!

I had this problem until I disabled the Spybot search and destroy resident program. Once I killed the process in task manager, the patch went through the first time. Hope this helps

PS3 Installation

So I finally got my early access code, spent nine hours downloading the game, and then when joy of joys I saw that it was complete, I went to install. It told me that the same file version was already installed. Does that mean that I did not have to spend that nine hours of anticipation and miss out on the first hour and a half or early access? Could I have just opened the Beta file and played from there? I kind of feel like shooting myself in the face for waiting anxiously for so long.
    Not that I'm complaining, I'm super excited for the last few minutes of this installation to be over so I can jump back in, but I am curious if anyone was able to just play from their previously installed Beta file, and I will be disappointed in myself if it would have been as easy as waiting for 2AM and then just logging in.
    Also will be good information for anyone out there still waiting for their EA keys to join in. The shorter the wait time the better.

Ps3 ffxiv error when i try to start the game

Well i've registrered the game , inserted the ps3 FFXIV disc and then it installed/downloaded :s the game .
    Now when i push the Triangle button i have the choice of installing or information . When i choose install it jumps to another screen and says : Checking the Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn updater/launcher version 24/08/2013

The next thing that happens is that it jumps to a screen that says ERROR This is an invalid operation . Please login again from the top page ... but i havent even had the chance to login in that game from my ps3 :s i cant do anything when i'm on that screen except pushing the PS button on my controller and closing the game . Have tried for 15 times now and keep getting the same problem . Can someone help me pls cus i really wouldnt know what to do :s

yes,same problem here,don't know what to do..wait until the 27th?

PS3 Invalid Operation Error wih game disk

Hey Guys,

I got the game today (hard copy) on ps3 eu, after installing the data i clicked on the accept terms box then i redeem the 30day free code that came with the game, after that the next page i got a 'error' this is an invalid operation,

i cant do anything like go back or quit to the xmb i have to reset the ps3, i have uninstalled the game data and installed it again with the same result

any help would be greatful

same here got the game today, you guys in eu ?

yeah from belgium

same probleme , searched on the web and never found a solution , I wait for the server are up again ....

same probleme in france .... i'll wait for the servers are up again

yes, Belgium

it kinda sux but no one ever died from waiting i guess :s

not yet xD but it's very annoying because it's one of the most wanted online game

yeah,it is a punch in the f*ing face, nothing we can do

yeah :s have played everquest 1 bout 10-12 years ago for 3 years , then everquest 2 for a year , world of warcraft for 6 years . quited that cus the wife was complaining i playing to much on her laptop . FFXIV on ps 3 is like the perfect solution for that problem ^^
    Btw what server are u guys gonna play on ?

haha,yeah very smart solution ,both sides happy,this is the very first game i will play online so i have no idea, i love the ff series,start playing ff VIII,so now here i am waiting to play FF XIV

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last