Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: so....... Legacy Of Kain HD Anthology? : /

so....... Legacy Of Kain HD Anthology? : /

  1. #1

    so....... Legacy Of Kain HD Anthology? : /

    now that "nosgoth" is officially announce I was really hoping to hear an announcement for an hd collection

    I do own a perfectly working backwards compatible 60 gb ps3,
    and I can always replay all 5 games on them but for some reason I lack the motivation

    maybe because I sold my dreamcast with all it's games (including soul reaver : /)
    and because the playstation version of soul reaver is just...... sigh.

    it doesn't necessarily have to be done by psyonix,


    but to have 4 glorious games in 1 blu-ray disk, ( xb1/ ps4 )
    60fps 1080p achievements/trophy support and completely bug free! (+ soul reaver DC version)

    I would gladly ship you all my lok games to make that humanly possible

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by Chulo86
    it doesn't necessarily have to be done by psyonix
    At first I was all "awwwww"...

    but to have 4 glorious games in 1 blu-ray disk, ( xb1/ ps4 )
    60fps 1080p achievements/trophy support and completely bug free! (+ soul reaver DC version)
    ... Now I no longer feel bad.

  3. #3
    I personally hope this happens too, but it's unlikely

    what would be nice if it were to happen though is for some of the content that wasn't finished in the original to be reimplemented like the different reaver power ups in SR1

    the Missing forges in SR2

    and so on

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1
    It's missing the most important LoK game...

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric


    ... Now I no longer feel bad.
    :P LOL!!!!!

    Originally Posted by lordbane2110

    the Missing forges in SR2

    and so on
    you don't like the reaver founts in SR2?

  6. #6
    I do but, there's only Darkness, Light, Air and Fire in SR2, originally there was supposed to be the ones that were missed from SR1

    like Water, Earth, Sound, Stone and Force

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by lordbane2110
    I do but, there's only Darkness, Light, Air and Fire in SR2, originally there was supposed to be the ones that were missed from SR1

    like Water, Earth, Sound, Stone and Force
    oh thats right,
    now that I checked Bens page. (the lost worlds dot net)



    I thought you were referring to these? :P

  8. #8
    Nah, although i do feel the fonts were a pain to find most of the time

    I much prefer the method that was implemented in defiance, in which you could once you possessed them swap between enchantments at will.

    I would have like to have seen the Sound Forge though, that could have ended up being a heavy metal gothic section, much like brutal legend section of the game, where Raziel has to get the forge to resonate a mighty rift to aquire it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    980
    Originally Posted by Carnage2K4
    It's missing the most important LoK game...
    Agreed, the idea is meaningless to me unless the original Blood Omen is on the table in some form.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    Agreed, the idea is meaningless to me unless the original Blood Omen is on the table in some form.
    Man! wouldn't it be awesome for Square Enix to approve the blood omnicide project as a separate download? O.o


    (click image to enlarge)

    I've been waiting for this to be finished ever since 2009 when Ben Lincoln promoted it on his page

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6lYjHmy14c

    sadly though, I get the feeling it will never be finished because even till today they still havent progressed any ferther from the begining of the game.

    that and they might be forced to cancel the project by it's official owners if they do happen to finish it...... :/
    Last edited by The_Hylden; 7th Nov 2013 at 22:36. Reason: added thumb to pic

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    318
    Originally Posted by Chulo86
    sadly though, I get the feeling it will never be finished because even till today they still havent progressed any ferther from the begining of the game.

    that and they might be forced to cancel the project by it's official owners if they do happen to finish it...... :/
    Luckily, I have to disagree.

    I am part of the Blood Omnicide project, and I can assure you the work is going on. Things are happening a bit slowly, but the 0.1 version of the game is really, really close to be finished. The reason for such a long waiting is that the demo that was released a couple of years ago is anywhere near the quality of the game now. I've been playing the repository copy of it, and I swear it is very alive and very good looking.

    And, well, I don't know if SE will ever back it up (it would only be a benefit for them, since the game and the whole franchise are technically dead in terms of sales right now, and with Nosgoth coming up...), but they don't have the right to shut us down anyway. The game is a mod, it required a Blood Omen cd to be played, that's where it takes all the original assets from. Everything you will be actually downloading with the installer is completely fan-made, so no copyright on it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,649
    Please use the thumb code for larger pics.

    I can't wait for the final Blood Omicide to be finished You guys have done a fantastic job. (I did prefer the darker Kain pic the same artist did before this latest one in the menu, though, but that is still a marvelous upgrade).

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    582
    Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    Agreed, the idea is meaningless to me unless the original Blood Omen is on the table in some form.
    BO1 HD or something is already being made, by the name of Blood Omnicide.

    Originally Posted by The_Hylden
    Please use the thumb code for larger pics.

    I can't wait for the final Blood Omicide to be finished You guys have done a fantastic job. (I did prefer the darker Kain pic the same artist did before this latest one in the menu, though, but that is still a marvelous upgrade).
    You will have to wait a lot, Hylden. The work around here is goind slooooooowly, since there is little people working in the project, and it is meant to be free, so we can't take full time in it, cause we have to get money to eat =P also, besides the money we gave ourselves to the project until now, we've got around 200 dollars from donations, witch is kinda little for the things we want. But, even though all of that is true, we are still compromised with the project and working it out so it may come out rather soon (but I aware you, I think it will keep being a dream for us for a loooong time seeing it ready to play). But I assure you it is looking pretty great!
    signature image

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by ZeroFernir



    You will have to wait a lot, Hylden. The work around here is goind slooooooowly, since there is little people working in the project, and it is meant to be free, so we can't take full time in it, cause we have to get money to eat =P also, besides the money we gave ourselves to the project until now, we've got around 200 dollars from donations, witch is kinda little for the things we want. But, even though all of that is true, we are still compromised with the project and working it out so it may come out rather soon (but I aware you, I think it will keep being a dream for us for a loooong time seeing it ready to play). But I assure you it is looking pretty great!
    OFF TOPIC:
    what I never understood about game development was,
    why exactly does it cost money? is it to program and add new content towards the games? or is it to pay the individuals who work for the company? and or the electric bill for the actual building/company : /

    ON TOPIC:
    Originally Posted by lordbane2110
    Nah, although i do feel the fonts were a pain to find most of the time

    I much prefer the method that was implemented in defiance, in which you could once you possessed them swap between enchantments at will.

    I would have like to have seen the Sound Forge though, that could have ended up being a heavy metal gothic section, much like brutal legend section of the game, where Raziel has to get the forge to resonate a mighty rift to aquire it.
    to be honest with you man,
    I think I would much rather have the games in there released form, then in their original content form.
    from the response that Psyonix_Eric gave, I can already tell that with my original request sounds already too much of a hassle to even bother with, let alone having the team search the archives for all the deletead content.

    in my opinion: I would just be happy to re-play the 4 games in one disc (or digital ) 60fps 1080p

    Edit: no bugs please, that includes Blood omen 2 :P
    Last edited by Chulo86; 11th Nov 2013 at 03:24.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    582
    Originally Posted by Chulo86
    OFF TOPIC:
    what I never understood about game development was,
    why exactly does it cost money? is it to program and add new content towards the games? or is it to pay the individuals who work for the company? and or the electric bill for the actual building/company : /
    To program and add the content. The arts, specially, will cost us a big amount. In Blood Omnicide site you can see a list of what we have got and what is still needed, and how much it costs. The work we are doing for free until now, and there wasn't a single commentary that I can remember about getting money for us. Plus, we put a lot of money from our own in the project.
    signature image

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,649
    Originally Posted by ZeroFernir
    You will have to wait a lot, Hylden. The work around here is goind slooooooowly, since there is little people working in the project, and it is meant to be free, so we can't take full time in it, cause we have to get money to eat =P also, besides the money we gave ourselves to the project until now, we've got around 200 dollars from donations, witch is kinda little for the things we want. But, even though all of that is true, we are still compromised with the project and working it out so it may come out rather soon (but I aware you, I think it will keep being a dream for us for a loooong time seeing it ready to play). But I assure you it is looking pretty great!

    Ah, yest I know how much time it takes, for sure. Just doing retexturing for Defiance on my end took the better part of a year, and I've only managed most of the characters and a little bit of the first stage, but then the learning process of it was also at play. I wound up redoing the characters a couple of times, since I had better software to do it finally later (and some of them still need another redoing). I'm on to doing ... an even better upgrade to things than just textures, but that is also a learning process and tons of time. I can imagine programming the entire game, and the audio restoration you've been doing (excellent stuff) takes just so damn much time. Yes, if being without funds was not the problem, or other commitments, oh the possibilities! I totally feel your pain Signed: a fellow broke fan artist, lol

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    582
    Originally Posted by The_Hylden
    Ah, yest I know how much time it takes, for sure. Just doing retexturing for Defiance on my end took the better part of a year, and I've only managed most of the characters and a little bit of the first stage, but then the learning process of it was also at play. I wound up redoing the characters a couple of times, since I had better software to do it finally later (and some of them still need another redoing). I'm on to doing ... an even better upgrade to things than just textures, but that is also a learning process and tons of time. I can imagine programming the entire game, and the audio restoration you've been doing (excellent stuff) takes just so damn much time. Yes, if being without funds was not the problem, or other commitments, oh the possibilities! I totally feel your pain Signed: a fellow broke fan artist, lol
    Thank you for the compliments! In fact, we are trying to do the best with the things we have disponible right now, and the team is just exellent to work with. But there is little time to do all the stuff, and then there is the lack of money issue. But we are having good time working on it, for sure! About the progress: the AI and the sistem things is our priority, so it's almost done... But the re-doing of the visuals (stages, enemies and stuff) is taking the shape we want now. It is slowly taking more of our time, now that the sistems are almost done. The AI is really better then the old one, as you can see in the demo version on our site! =P
    signature image

  18. #18
    maybe you should have a donatations button on the blood omnicide website, i'm sure there's a lot of us that would donate to help speed up the completion

    I know I would

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    318
    Originally Posted by lordbane2110
    maybe you should have a donatations button on the blood omnicide website, i'm sure there's a lot of us that would donate to help speed up the completion

    I know I would
    We do have one.

    http://omnicide.legacy-of-kain.ru/en...supportus.html

    (hope putting this link here doesn't upsets the mods for whatever reason)

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by LOFO1993
    We do have one.

    http://omnicide.legacy-of-kain.ru/en...supportus.html

    (hope putting this link here doesn't upsets the mods for whatever reason)
    Off topic:
    man just looking at that makes me feel like it's some form of vending machine O.o
    it's like please insert $200 for beautiful graphics :P


    On Topic:
    question for the devs, hypothetically speaking...... if this project is in the process of being made - wich it's not
    would something like this be in the same development cycle as a fool blown retail title?

    or is it because they are lower in poly count,
    does that make the hd collection easier/faster in being made?

    your answer/s will neather be confirmation or putting you on the spot.
    it's just a guesstimate. :P

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    318
    Originally Posted by Chulo86
    On Topic:
    question for the devs, hypothetically speaking...... if this project is in the process of being made - wich it's not
    would something like this be in the same development cycle as a fool blown retail title?

    or is it because they are lower in poly count,
    does that make the hd collection easier/faster in being made?

    your answer/s will neather be confirmation or putting you on the spot.
    it's just a guesstimate. :P

    I thinks it really depends on how the old games where programmed and if the original assets are still available to the team that would make the port. The games are already done, that is just a port work, but it's usually harder than a normal port because of the change in technologies over the time.

    I guess making an HD Defiance would be way easier and faster than making an HD Blood Omen, because with 3D engines you can just enhance a bit models and textures and optimize the code and it's pretty much done, while for Blood Omen they would have to upscale or do all over again every single sprite/tile, which is actually what's happening with Blood Omnicide.

  22. #22
    Hey guys , i made a facebook page called Legacy of Kain HD collection.It is a petition for an HD collection of every LOK game.
    Here is the link : https://www.facebook.com/LegacyOfKainHdCollection

    If you like the page i'll keep you informed about Nosgoth and everything new you might want to know.

    I hope you sign this petition too: http://www.change.org/petitions/lega...every-lok-game.
    Please share and like my page if you want a Legacy of kain HD collection

    P.S I'm sorry if there's anything wrong with my english(It's not my native language).

  23. #23
    Even if they just re-released Blood Omen in a way that would run on modern systems it would be amazing. That's the only game NOT on Steam right now, and the only one I don't have a physical copy of. (There are however, currently 2 I cannot play. Blood Omen, and Defiance... Defiance due to selling my original Xbox, because I was under the mistaken impression that the 360 would be backwards compatible with all xbox games once it had a hard drive in it. )

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    318
    Originally Posted by Vanyelxp5
    Even if they just re-released Blood Omen in a way that would run on modern systems it would be amazing. That's the only game NOT on Steam right now, and the only one I don't have a physical copy of.
    The game is indeed unavailable from any digital platform, but it works itself on PC, if you use a fan patch called "Patch 2.0" or something like that. Not one of those patches that "work", this one works for real, they re-wrote part of the executable code for modern systems.

    Of course you can also see Blood Omnicide as a way to play the game on modern PCs once you have the original CD (even the PS1 copies work). The developers were contemplating the possibility to use the new engine to import the original map tiles, so that even if the 3D world is not complete you can play the whole game using the original backgrounds. It's not something actually possible or, for what I know, in active development, but I get it's more than possible to do.


    Originally Posted by Vanyelxp5
    (There are however, currently 2 I cannot play. Blood Omen, and Defiance... Defiance due to selling my original Xbox, because I was under the mistaken impression that the 360 would be backwards compatible with all xbox games once it had a hard drive in it. )
    Not the first time I hear this music play...

  25. #25
    Originally Posted by LOFO1993
    The game is indeed unavailable from any digital platform, but it works itself on PC, if you use a fan patch called "Patch 2.0" or something like that. Not one of those patches that "work", this one works for real, they re-wrote part of the executable code for modern systems.

    Of course you can also see Blood Omnicide as a way to play the game on modern PCs once you have the original CD (even the PS1 copies work). The developers were contemplating the possibility to use the new engine to import the original map tiles, so that even if the 3D world is not complete you can play the whole game using the original backgrounds. It's not something actually possible or, for what I know, in active development, but I get it's more than possible to do.




    Not the first time I hear this music play...
    The trouble with needing a physical copy is that... I don't have one... and people want an absurd amount of money for one.

    I did just buy the 4 pack on Steam. It's been too long since I played Defiance... and not needing to switch systems for the others is a big bonus (SR and SR2 on PS2, BO2 on Gamecube.)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last