Thread: Control issues

Control issues

I downloaded the Steam version of TRA but I'm having real problems configuring my controls. First I tried to use the PS2 pad I've got connected, but the buttons are madly mapped (start button for manual aim?!) and there's no way to reconfigure them.

So I give up on that and start to set up my normal FPS/TPS keyboard controls (arrow keys + ctrl and shift for jump and crouch). But the game won't let me select the arrow keys as movement keys!

Am I doing something wrong, or does the game have arbitrary limits on which keys you can use?! As it stands, I'm having to use uncomfortable controls because the game seems to require me to.

Ignore me, the arrow keys just work by default. Bizarre!

I (thought) I had similar issues.

You CAN reconfigure the gamepad buttons, you just have to press Enter/Select (default=space I think or SQUARE button on gamepad) when CONTROLS is highlighted on the main menu. Ignore the options to the right!

You will then get access to the configuration where gamepad buttons will work.

During the redefine Key process, certain keys such as RETURN, BACKSPACE, ARROW KEYS will not work as these are locked as defaults (I imagine so you can always navigate the menus etc or dont somehow 'lose' any important necessary controls)

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel_Requiem View Post
    I (thought) I had similar issues.

You CAN reconfigure the gamepad buttons, you just have to press Enter/Select (default=space I think or SQUARE button on gamepad) when CONTROLS is highlighted on the main menu. Ignore the options to the right!

You will then get access to the configuration where gamepad buttons will work.

During the redefine Key process, certain keys such as RETURN, BACKSPACE, ARROW KEYS will not work as these are locked as defaults (I imagine so you can always navigate the menus etc or dont somehow 'lose' any important necessary controls)
    Oh yes! Excellent!