Page 3 of 13 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: FFXIV: Launcher Issues

FFXIV: Launcher Issues

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    well almost burned my brain out and found here that my square enix id well got a extra letter so check out your tag https://secure.square-enix.com/
    and bless now i can chillax hope some of you can now too

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3
    Tks, i got it now, after i went to that secure link. really helpfull guys The ID, at least for me, was my e-mail, without the @blablabla.com.... they should tell ppl that.

  3. #53
    Originally Posted by Mashr2010
    Also, have you tried Right Clicking the icon to launch the Launcher and selecting "Run As Administrator"?
    Of course... It was the first thing I tried
    No luck...

  4. #54
    Originally Posted by TheAdmiral182
    Of course... It was the first thing I tried
    No luck...
    I figured you may have, just wanted to check. How about you try downloading the game from this link and see if it makes a difference (this is the client download from the open beta): http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...e5881a6f57c992

  5. #55
    Originally Posted by Mashr2010
    I figured you may have, just wanted to check. How about you try downloading the game from this link and see if it makes a difference (this is the client download from the open beta): http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...e5881a6f57c992
    Nope. Ends up giving me the exact same error... :c

  6. #56
    Originally Posted by TheAdmiral182
    Nope. Ends up giving me the exact same error... :c
    Huh, then I suggest contacting support to see if they have any information on that error. I've run through my troubleshoot list for that kind of thing XD

  7. #57
    Here is North America number if you need but the wait times are very long 18587907529 I'm sorry your having such problems. They don't open for 15 minutes as of this post they are on PST time so they open at 9 am that time.

  8. #58
    Originally Posted by Mashr2010
    Huh, then I suggest contacting support to see if they have any information on that error. I've run through my troubleshoot list for that kind of thing XD
    I ran through their list as well :P It's pretty damn useless xD Turned off every background application (even my antivirus), ran as administrator, etc.
    Seeing as my other games install and run perfectly, I'm hesitant to think the problem's at my end, lol. But I'll file a ticket tomorrow or something. Who knows, they might have patched it by then (wishfull thinking, I know x))

  9. #59
    Originally Posted by TheAdmiral182
    I ran through their list as well :P It's pretty damn useless xD Turned off every background application (even my antivirus), ran as administrator, etc.
    Seeing as my other games install and run perfectly, I'm hesitant to think the problem's at my end, lol. But I'll file a ticket tomorrow or something. Who knows, they might have patched it by then (wishfull thinking, I know x))
    It's hard to say, but since it's not the usual suspects it might be a combination of their end and your end or just their end. I didn't have issues personally when I updated a few minutes ago so I'm not sure. Sorry I can't be more helpful D:

  10. #60
    Originally Posted by Mallust
    Here is North America number if you need but the wait times are very long 18587907529 I'm sorry your having such problems. They don't open for 15 minutes as of this post they are on PST time so they open at 9 am that time.
    Thanks! I'll look into contacting them tomorrow. I'm in Europe though, so calling North America might be a little unhandy hehe xD
    I'll probably do it via e-mail, seeing as I've heard people complain that the calls can get very expensive

  11. #61
    Originally Posted by Mashr2010
    It's hard to say, but since it's not the usual suspects it might be a combination of their end and your end or just their end. I didn't have issues personally when I updated a few minutes ago so I'm not sure. Sorry I can't be more helpful D:
    Aw, no problem, man I appreciate you trying to help! ^^

  12. #62
    You can try search that is how I found the number seeing how you cant find it on the site anywhere. Square-Enix Europe Phone Number or something I did Square=Enix North America Phone Number ugh missed up there a lot but you know what I mean. lol

  13. #63
    Someone on beta forum had a simmilar issue, think they solved by disabling some kind of AV toolbar for IE (AV security for browsers), might help, might not, but giving it a try wouldn't hurt.

  14. #64
    Erm, I had the same error when I went to update my client for phase4.

    Amcathra is right
    "If you have the Beta3 client or older, you will have to redownload the new launcher, since only beta4 launcher or newer is compatible with release."

    I downloaded the new client and installed and run the program, Downloaded the new update for phase4 and bam! all working!

  15. #65
    Originally Posted by Draikoe
    Erm, I had the same error when I went to update my client for phase4.

    Amcathra is right
    "If you have the Beta3 client or older, you will have to redownload the new launcher, since only beta4 launcher or newer is compatible with release."

    I downloaded the new client and installed and run the program, Downloaded the new update for phase4 and bam! all working!
    I downloaded it twice from links people gave me in this thread.
    I downloaded it via the pre-access e-mail they sent me... having an old version can't be the problem for me, I'm sure

  16. #66
    Originally Posted by TheAdmiral182
    I downloaded it twice from links people gave me in this thread.
    I downloaded it via the pre-access e-mail they sent me... having an old version can't be the problem for me, I'm sure
    The only reason it would be a problem is if you have the client from Beta Phase 1-3 installed on your computer currently. That's all

  17. #67
    Originally Posted by Mashr2010
    The only reason it would be a problem is if you have the client from Beta Phase 1-3 installed on your computer currently. That's all
    Yeah, definitely can't be it :P phase 4 was the first time I downloaded the launcher and it didn't work then either

  18. #68
    Originally Posted by TheAdmiral182
    Yeah, definitely can't be it :P phase 4 was the first time I downloaded the launcher and it didn't work then either
    Oh geez, sorry to hear that D: Definitely contact support and see if they can't get this working for you then!

  19. #69

    Question Question about the launcher...

    Hello there!
    It's my first time posting here and I have a question. I hope this is the right place to ask it.
    I at last got my Early Access code and everything working today. I downloaded the launcher too and everything seems fine and dandy.
    But now it's like this.. I have a very slow connection at the moment and the game-download keeps disconnecting now and then. My question is: Will the download resume from where it last was? If not, I'm afraid I'll have to just wait for my physical copy of the game and not participate in the Early Access.. :c I won't get a better connection until next month. *sigh* -.-'

    To make things clear, my question is (again): Will the launcher resume the download after disconnecting?

    Thanks for taking your time to read my question.
    // Lunar

    PS. If I get the game downloaded I'm thinking about using another connection that has a limited amount of data left (3 GB) to try out the game. xD
    Last edited by TheLunarNeko; 22nd Aug 2013 at 18:00.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8
    its not doing it for me at least, restarts all over everytime it is disconnected...

  21. #71
    Originally Posted by TheLunarNeko
    Hello there!
    It's my first time posting here and I have a question. I hope this is the right place to ask it.
    I at last got my Early Access code and everything working today. I downloaded the launcher too and everything seems fine and dandy.
    But now it's like this.. I have a very slow connection at the moment and the game-download keeps disconnecting now and then. My question is: Will the download resume from where it last was? If not, I'm afraid I'll have to just wait for my physical copy of the game and not participate in the Early Access.. :c I won't get a better connection until next month. *sigh* -.-'

    To make things clear, my question is (again): Will the launcher resume the download after disconnecting?

    Thanks for taking your time to read my question.
    // Lunar
    Unfortunately, to my knowledge the launcher will NOT resume the download where you left off. Sorry D:

  22. #72
    That's very unfortunate. orz To be honest, how do Square Enix believe that all people will be able to download 7 GB in one go without disconnecting or anything going wrong? People like me who are on a wireless connection instead of broadband might get drops in download speed sometimes and being given an error when that happens isn't very nice..

  23. #73

    Client Question

    Hi,

    I've managed to register my code for early access and then downloaded the client from the link on the page afterwards. However, after I install the client and launch it I get an error which reads 'unable to complete version check [30605][20448][10009][10019]'. The only time it seemed to work was when it updated to version '2013.08.22.0000.0001'.

    Any idea how I can fix this? I've tried launching the client in administrator mode too with no success...

    Thanks in advance.

  24. #74
    The download is stored as one file on their servers. Because the file is stored as one file, if the download stream is interrupted, you will need to restart each time. Updates to the client are over BitTorrent and will continue from where it left off. Please remember that BitTorrent is a protocol so don't confuse this with most people use BT for, but think of it as peer-to-peer with files being segmented to transfer large amounts of data without being susceptible to connection interruption.

  25. #75
    Originally Posted by TheLunarNeko
    That's very unfortunate. orz To be honest, how do Square Enix believe that all people will be able to download 7 GB in one go without disconnecting or anything going wrong? People like me who are on a wireless connection instead of broadband might get drops in download speed sometimes and being given an error when that happens isn't very nice..
    Once you get the client down, updates should be not be phased. Unfortunately your circumstances are not optimal for this type of game and/or network activity. I understand this is your setup and you'd like to experience the game like others can, but your limitations are imposed by you, not Square Enix.

Page 3 of 13 First First 1234567 ... Last

Tags for this Thread