Thread: My Ideas for Kingdom Hearts III

My Ideas for Kingdom Hearts III

Go out with a bang? I don't see the series ending for quite a while, there's just too much stuff in KH that could be expanded upon, too much that needs to be explained, too many stories that could be told with a KH style twist, and a lot of that just couldn't be done very well if they went to a whole new Kingdom Hearts.

Originally Posted by Ryutim

I totally agree with you, the unversed were good, but they're gone now, and the dream eaters were just annoying imo, so they should only put heartless and nobodies in KH3, just with more forms (especially for the nobodies, they only came in a few different forms, and a little more variety would be nice.).

umm considering in kingdom hearts 2, the nobodies were defeated, along with xemnas, im pretty sure they wont be in kingdom hearts 3, actually the unversed are a more likely entity, considering xehanort will be whole again in kh3.

Originally Posted by AkeemCoffey

I would be more interested if they used a variety of all of those and introduce a new type of enemy. I'm suspecting for them to go out with a bang for kh3. After which we might start seeing a whole new kingdom hearts.

yeah, im not looking forward to it if they use a new enemy, heartless were epic, and so where nobodies, because they held a deeper emotion in the game, the unversed and dream eaters were just pure nonsense,

example: a heartless was created from a person who lost their heart to darkness, and also when that happened a nobody was created from the person left behind without a heart. so they tied in well, but putting different enemies in each game is somthing that bugs me alittle.

I can't talk about the Dream Eaters as I haven't played DDD, but the Unversed were amazing. Even though they're all gone, as they were all a part of Vanitas, they were some of my favorite enemies of the games. Their symbol is meant to represent a heart bursting with emotion, wild and uncontrollable. They're born from a being that still has emotions despite his splintered heart, a man who doesn't know how to deal with the cascade of emotion that seems to burst up at random. I love the Heartless, but the Unversed were so much more interesting and complex.

As for Kingdom Hearts 3 being the 'go out with a bang' game, I recall Nomura Tetsuya just said that it would be the end of the Xehanort Saga, didn't he? He has (or had) plans to continue the story past this villain.

You know that's not what he meant, though... :/

Regardless, I think we can safely assume that the Unversed will never come back. What little I know about the Dream Eaters suggests they only exist in the world of sleep anyway, so it's unlikely they will have to be fought in Kingdom Hearts III.

Originally Posted by imported_Shane

Originally Posted by Ryutim

I totally agree with you, the unversed were good, but they're gone now, and the dream eaters were just annoying imo, so they should only put heartless and nobodies in KH3, just with more forms (especially for the nobodies, they only came in a few different forms, and a little more variety would be nice.).

umm considering in kingdom hearts 2, the nobodies were defeated, along with xemnas, im pretty sure they wont be in kingdom hearts 3, actually the unversed are a more likely entity, considering xehanort will be whole again in kh3.

Actually, the nobodies can't be destroyed altogether, at least, not without making sure that no hearts ever succumb to darkness, because when a heart falls to darkness or is eaten by a heartless, both a heartless and a nobody are created (actually, I'm not sure if another heartless is created or if the heartless that ate the heart is just powered up or something, but either way, what's left of the person's body becomes a nobody.).

When a person's heart is taken by a Heartless or falls to darkness some other way, a Heartless is created. Supposedly, this is each and every time. Nobodies, however, are only created when a person with a strong heart falls to darkness; And the human-shaped Nobodies like the members of Organization XIII are only formed by the strongest of the strong. Nobodies are, as Yen Sid says in the game I believe, significantly smaller in number because of this. However you're right Ryutim, there will continue to be Nobodies as long as people with strong hearts fall to darkness. Dream Eaters, as far as I know, only occur in the world of sleep. Finally, the Unversed should no longer exist as each Unversed is an extended manifestation of Vanitas.

There's one possibility that you've overlooked, although I'm not really sure if it is possible, but if Xehanort was somehow able to bring Vanitas back as one of his 13 darknesses, then the Unversed might be brought back as well. It's really unlikely, but still, with all the plot twists that have been in KH so far (if the Organization XIII people came back after being totally defeated, then why couldn't Venitas come back?), I'm not gonna discount the possibility until SE officially says that it's not gonna happen (either in an interview of some kind or from something in the game, and yes, I know that we beat Vanitas' remnant in BBS, but if you'll recall, Ven, Aqua, and Terra weren't in any condition to go back and defeat Vanitas's remnant, so it's possible that the battle with his remnant is actually a sign that he can come back, you never know.).

From my understanding, there is no in-character explanation of the Vanitas Remnant. It seems like it was just meant as a challenging boss experience. Also, even if the appearance of the Remnant were canon to the story, you have to beat him before you can fight No Name, which we know from KH3D is almost certainly the Young Xehanort (who has those timey-wimey abilities) and is therefore a canon part of the story. Whether the Remnant is canon or not, at least one of the three characters must have fought No Name at some point. It's possible young Xehanort could bring Vanitas from another timeline, but Xehanort's goal is to create empty vessels with which to fill with parts of his heart. I doubt that he could use Vanitas for this, although we can't rule it out.

Vanitas Reminant and No Name are secret bosses. They aren't canon to the story. If anything they are hints at the "next potential villains" in the next KH. As shown with No Name being Young Xehanort in 3D.

That isn't always true, unless Nomura said as much somewhere about these particular bosses. The Mysterious Figure in KH1: FM was canon to the story, for example. I'm pretty sure Kurt Zisa was also canon, and he counted as a 'secret' boss. Then again, there's Terra's Lingering Sentiment from FM+ which hasn't had any nods of canonicity in 3D to my knowledge.

KH:FM secret bosses were Xemnas and Roxas. But Sora never fought them before Chain of Memories. So secret bosses don't exist in canon of the Kingdom Hearts story. Just like how the secret boss Julius in 3D isn't part of the canon, yet. Usually these bosses come later in the next game. They never reference their "secret" fight. Hence why I believe secret bosses are not apart of canon. Nomura has never said the secret bosses were apart of canon story. They are meant to be teases for future bosses.

That's what makes these secret bosses cool. It gets you wondering who that boss is and how he/she will play a particular role in the next game.

That's not true, actually. In Kingdom Hearts II, you see the scene from KH: Final Mix from just before you fight Xemnas. It's one of Sora's memories, being restored to him by Namine. It IS canon. And just so it has been mentioned, Julius is an existing Disney character. It is, of course, possible that he's going to make an appearance in the next Kingdom Hearts game.

EDIT: Okay, I don't remember anything about fighting Roxas in Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix. I went on the wiki and there's nothing about that, only the Unknown fight which is Xemnas, and as I stated above is shown to be canon in the first few hours of Kingdom Hearts II. If you're talking about the Roxas fight in Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+, that fight is also canon. All it does is turn the scene where Sora fights Roxas into a PLAYABLE battle, and gives you a reward.

Well, whether the secret bosses are part of the main story or not, it is possible that Xehanort had already put a part of his heart into Vanitas, and if you go and look at Vanitas, you'll notice that his eyes are yellow, which isn't a guarentee that Xehanort put a part of his heart into Vanitas, but it does seem to be a running theme with those people that he has possessed (that's really the only word that fits, Xehanort possesses them.).

That's also true. Supposedly, (according to Nomura) people who spend too long in the darkness begin to have darker skin, pointed ears, and yellow eyes. However, it does seem to have happened almost exclusively to Xehanort's vessels.

To be honest, I don't really care what the enemy is, just looking forward to Kairi as a possible playable character. XD Though I would like to see shiny enemies. Sparkling and such, maybe with christmas lights on them? XD

I don't know about christmas based enemies, but I'm right there with you about looking forward to Kairi being a playable character, especially since, at level one with absolutely no training, she's already able to kill high level heartless with a single hit, as shown in KH2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=r41GiZEeSpA (they may just be be shadows, but they're in the world that never was, so that's still quite a feat.).

Whoa, whoa, whoa back up a sec guys. Who said that Kairi would be playable? I understand the secret ending but Axel was started training too and we never played him in 3D. Sora is the vocal main character of the story and I don't see them doing a BbS or 3D system for III. It would be cool but I doubt it.

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja
    Whoa, whoa, whoa back up a sec guys. Who said that Kairi would be playable? I understand the secret ending but Axel was started training too and we never played him in 3D. Sora is the vocal main character of the story and I don't see them doing a BbS or 3D system for III. It would be cool but I doubt it.

I said as a possible playable character. If she makes it, then it'll be the best Kingdom Hearts game in my opinion no matter what happens, if not... it'll be up to the storyline again. I'm just tired of playing as Sora and Riku... Birth by Sleep was nice since it offered new characters to use, and I enjoyed playing as Aqua especially since she could use Destiny's Embrace, my second most favorite keyblade. I'm hoping Kairi will kinda be like her if playable. Keeping fingers crossed.

Well yeah, both of the console games have been single-control and it has been the handhelds that have had all the character switching, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. As for Axel, he wasn't even able to wield the Keyblade until the end, and that was by accident. Even if it weren't for that and the fact that it was supposed to be a big reveal, the whole concept of the game was a two-sided story, trading off between Sora and Riku. It would totally have messed up the flow of the game to include a third playable character at the end. Nomura seems to have a thing for multiple playable characters in one story, so while for now it might be a good idea to approach KH3 as a Sora-only game it's definitely possible that other character will be playable.

Personally, I'm curious to see if you'll have the other Keyblade Wielders in your party the way Donald and Goofy are, if they'll be out doing their own thing and only show up for certain important story events, or if we'll see another Chain of Memories/Birth By Sleep/3D-styled multi-threader. To be perfectly honest, Sora spent most of Kingdom Hearts I and II on the lookout for Riku and Kairi. Mickey too actually, although in the second game he was purposefully staying out of sight. I think that really colored the direction of the story and playability of those games.

That's an interesting point. Although I never really cared for parties in Kingdom Hearts. I thought Birth By Sleep did it right with no party members and making you feel powerful. I can see that for Sora. As much as I like Donald and to a lesser extent Goofy, I would like it if they made it either by yourself or a party of Keyblade wielders. What if it was like Versus XIII where Sora, Riku and Kairi embark on a journey together and you can switch between characters mid battle so you can play as all of them at once. That would be awesome!!!

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja
    That's an interesting point. Although I never really cared for parties in Kingdom Hearts. I thought Birth By Sleep did it right with no party members and making you feel powerful. I can see that for Sora. As much as I like Donald and to a lesser extent Goofy, I would like it if they made it either by yourself or a party of Keyblade wielders. What if it was like Versus XIII where Sora, Riku and Kairi embark on a journey together and you can switch between characters mid battle so you can play as all of them at once. That would be awesome!!!

Sounds good to me, as long as they let you play as whoever you want and don't force you to play as someone you don't like. ( I had that experience in many of the Tales of games where they force you to play as a character you don't like at times, but had multiple characters to play as an option.) Even birth by Sleep kind of forced you to play as the other two characters if you wanted the whole story to be completed. Still, it kinda gets lonely just playing by yourself. Chain of Memories for instance, made me feel very much alone while playing...

The main reason why I think that Kairi and Lee are likely to be playable characters in KH3 is because Riku and Sora are already super powerful, and while they could probably find another excuse to bring them back down to level 1 (CoM: Castle Oblivion has different rules for battle, KH2: Sora was sleeping for a long time so his fighting skills got rusty/Roxas' memories were taken so he doesn't know how to fight [at least until right before his battle with Axel], Re:Coded: the virtual Sora never went on the real Sora's adventures, DDD: they're fighting in the realm of dreams, so they have to start from scratch), but I don't know how they're gonna manage that for KH3, and I'd really hate it if, after everything I've done, I still have to start at level one. They could have it so that the enemies are just a lot more powerful, so Sora and Riku start at level 1 by comparison, but then how will Kairi and Lee catch up (Lee does know how to fight, but since he's using a keyblade now, it's understandable to put him at a lower level until he gets used to it)? I think it'd be better to have Kairi and Lee as the main playable characters in KH3, and maybe Ven and/or Aqua as well (the first part of the game would have to be getting Aqua out of the realm of darkness and then getting Ven out of Castle Oblivion [only Aqua knows how to get to the room Ven is in, so they'd have to save her first], and then getting him to either Sora or Riku so that he can be awakened.). I know it strays from how the games have been so far, but unless they can find a really good excuse for how Sora and Riku lose their strength, and/or how Kairi and Lee get strong enough to keep up with them in such a short amount of time, then I don't see any other way for them to do it, and still have it all make sense.

Just Cant wait for the game myself...

I can agree with that Shane.

I understand their "love" is "innocent" but a kiss between Sora and Kairi is long overdue and has been building for 7 games. I think it's time they kissed. Every other princess of heart has gotten their kisses . I think it's Kairi and Sora's turn.

Page 4 of 19 First First 1234567814 ... Last