Thread: New Deus Ex!

New Deus Ex!

New Deus Ex!

I've just read an article on at http://uk.gamespot.com That there is a new DEUS EX game in works

Superb news if real. One of my all time favorite game this was. Deus Ex was the revolution in PC gaming. It should never be left aside... Enough Said
    Sometimes in order to complete your journey, you have to go back to its beginning! - Kain -

Deus Ex 3... CONFIRMED BY EIDOS!

<a href="As of this writing, Eidos could not be reached for comment.">http://pc.ign.com/articles/789/789321p1.html</a>

May 17, 2007 - In a recent interview on French-language television station MusiquePlus the director of Eidos France, Patrick Melchior, revealed a new Deus Ex game is in the works. The revival of the franchise is the "first mission" of Eidos' new Montreal studio, currently made up of around 40 people.

Deus Ex is an action RPG series created by Warren Spector and Ion Storm and originally released by Eidos in 2000. The game received a sequel, Deus Ex: Invisible War, in 2003, but since then the series has been dormant. Ion Storm shut its doors in 2005, and Warren Spector is working on a game with his new Junction Point Studios. Details on this revival are not clear at this time, but Melchior says we can expect to hear more about the next Deus Ex game in a few months.

As of this writing, Eidos could not be reached for comment.

Sorry, I just started a bit of a redundant thread... But I suppose this news is big enough to justify it!

Well, not really. It's best to keep these things all in one thread, so I merged them.

That aside, this is very cool news.
    Catman

I was extremely happy to hear this. DX is my favorite game of all time, and I can't wait for #3!

Fingers crossed

I hope they are going to bring out a new game because it is one of the best games out there.

But it took me just over seventeen hours to complete Invisible War and at over two quid an hour it’s a rip off. I have over three hundred and fifty hours on Oblivion.

That said the game is brilliant and I want more!

Yes it is good news they are making number 3, with Warren Spector. He made the world and characters did he do all the second one no he left it to some one else. That should not happen with the 3rd one. Why is invisible war not the game I thought it was, I thought the background and people were of really good texture in a old screen shot, it does not look like that.

http://www.planetdeusex.com/dx2/files/screenshots/pc/

I’ve just looked at the screenshots and taking into account the fact that screenies on websites and magazines don’t often capture it exactly I’d say that it looked exactly like that.

In truth I was impressed by the graphics when I played it again recently. Considering the pace that graphics are improving at and the multitude of drivel that regularly leaves the studios I’d say Invisible War could still hold its own today with a graphical tweak or two.

Still far too short though.
    "This cnut is small, that cnut is far away."

I hope they do something to let the plot go somewhere. I mean, they assumed all endings happened in DX1, but all the endings in DX2? Err... WTF?

I also didn't like the hopeful nature of DX2. The dark, gritty, very obviously cyberpunk theme of the original made it great.

Is Warren Spector involved with the project ???

He said completing the first one took it's toll. hey he could be a part of it to give some more original ideas, is he going to do it for real if he is it might be great.

"JC Denton please put down your weapon and step into the hall way" Man In Black

"Don't be a fool, run" Paul denton

I've only just seen that Deus Ex 3 is in the works.

I have seen so many complaints by gamers who thought IW was rubbish, and yes indeed it was next to the original game. But you know what, us gamers are stupid - we listen in and read all the previews about these games. We find out that the developers are being told to develop these games for console, and then to port them to pc. We then buy the game and are disappointed by its content.

Really, wtf did we expect? Whilst I'm not into 'publisher bashing' I think its about time that publishers, and the gamers who pay their wage, stopped to think about what they are doing. Not long after release IW was slated on popular forums by gamers. The game flopped. The publisher was unhappy - but not as unhappy as the paying gaming public...

I have to wonder why Eidos is even bothering with a DX3. Wouldn't it be easier and more profitable timewise, to make another console to pc port corridor shooter? Of course, DX3 may turn out to be exactly that, time will tell.

Thumbs Up

To the previous poster...

I would imagine Eidos is "bothering" with DX3 because despite DX:IW being misdirected to the point of almost not being in the same universe as the first DX, the first one sold really well because it was awesome - that justifies doing another as long as the team don't f**k it up the 3rd could do unbelievably well, afterall there's still a strong fanbase for the first game despite it being six years old...

Let's hope they stay in the same universe as the original!

Originally Posted by user-9
    To the previous poster...

I would imagine Eidos is "bothering" with DX3 because despite DX:IW being misdirected to the point of almost not being in the same universe as the first DX, the first one sold really well because it was awesome - that justifies doing another as long as the team don't f**k it up the 3rd could do unbelievably well, afterall there's still a strong fanbase for the first game despite it being six years old...

Let's hope they stay in the same universe as the original!
    For sure, I too hope DX3 is all we know it can be, with strong ties to the original game. The problem as I see it is publishers wanting as fast a turnaround as possible. Most games these days are short, with much smaller levels - thats a time thing, meaning a short turnaround, meaning an increase in profit.

Support for games also seems to be getting shorter. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 had an insanely short support period (4 weeks max if I remember rightly) that time was used to fix bugs mostly with no time for additional content. Sadly, watching the boards it would seem that this game is now dying.
    Game expansion's seem to have also gone now. An expansion used to be the ideal medium to add content as well as increase profits and thus keep a games community alive. Coupled with a good level editor, games could literally 'live' for years. This is something else I believe publishers are glad to see the back of. A good example of this would be the original Ghost Recon - but there are many others.

In other words, instead of playing an expansion which you paid 19.99 for,with the promise of even more free content from the modders, you are now playing yet another full [short]game for which you paid 34.99 etc etc.

These days I refer to myself as being spoilt - Deus Ex was the 2nd game I ever played and since then everything I play is compared to it - as you can imagine, nothing really compares. I was at first surprised to see how short BioShock was, but having thought about it for a while it makes sense...

It's really annoying to see these short games. Keep in mind that these days, games are being made for consoles and then being ported over to the PC, which is part of the problem for these "short" games. It seems like the newer generation of console players are dullards. I expect a shorter game (albeit with a smaller price tag) from independent developers. If you're a big name developer, I expect a bigger game for the price tag. You can't give me that? Why should I buy it?

Originally Posted by Kneo24
    It's really annoying to see these short games. Keep in mind that these days, games are being made for consoles and then being ported over to the PC, which is part of the problem for these "short" games. It seems like the newer generation of console players are dullards. I expect a shorter game (albeit with a smaller price tag) from independent developers. If you're a big name developer, I expect a bigger game for the price tag. You can't give me that? Why should I buy it?
    Quite right. Vote with your wallet, not your mouth. Its the only language business people understand.

Originally Posted by Bluey71
    For sure, I too hope DX3 is all we know it can be, with strong ties to the original game. The problem as I see it is publishers wanting as fast a turnaround as possible. Most games these days are short, with much smaller levels - thats a time thing, meaning a short turnaround, meaning an increase in profit.
    That's part of the problem, but the other part is system resources. To have the huge levels that were in DX1 with DX9 game engines with it's higher poly models and textures, would require a lot of resources; or heavy sectoring (chopping the level into bite sized pieces for the Proc/GPU to process, which causes those noticeable hitches between levels and rooms). Heavy sectoring limits the view of the level, so players will get that fog over distances to make up for it (it's not much of a problem with DX10, but most gamers won't have DX10 cards until well into 2009, as folks are waiting for the price to fall and the features to standardize).

I would love larger levels of the BF2142 type (which are large by today's standards), but heavy with back/side/secret entrances with loot as an incentive to explore -- not just race -- through levels. Matter of fact, a smaller level that's crammed with such goodies would even be a good trade off, if there was more than tunneling to find them (non-essential gameplay elements [so not to penalize the run and gun types] in hidden books/datacubes/writing on walls, etc., but to reward the SP storyline types who crave more tidbits along with more ammo). Running through a vast map isn't as fun as having something more to do in a medium sized map.

The other thing I notice in modern FPS is that the navigation compass no longer exists. You'll get a real time map instead. It's fine, but the compass required you to remember your position and use your memory to backtrack out (so needed in the air duct tunnels around Battery Park's underground). It's those puzzle elements I really miss in the modern FPS games -- everything is so visual, that the mystery and imagination is taken out.

Nice little teaser trailer here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28286.html

Exclamation

Howdy!

New forum for the upcoming DX3 has been opened.
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=252

So, all discussion regarding the new game should take place there. Enjoy!
    - signed -

Big Grin Deus ex 3 teaser trailer

i know the first Dx was the best one,but i liked invisible war (it was not long enough,not enough mods). and i sure hope that eidos montreal can keep sheldon pacotti and sarah paetsch on as the lead writers,they are great. hey,i heard that when ion storm canned Dx3,it was going to be a prequel. and now the new teaser trailer mentions the date 2027,so it must predate Deus ex:the conspiracy,that is interesting? so maybe it's still the same story that sheldon wrote. so what do you people think?

Haha, what a tragedy this turned out to be

if you want

I think you should read this before playing deus ex hr depositfiles.com/files/zv1x2kf5s

I haven't played this game since the first one lol. It's a great series though and I'm glad they changed the game play around for the second one. So need too get that game at some point. The 3rd game should be just as good as the second at least I hope it will be lol.

I might buy this game, anyone rate it on a scale of 1-10?
    signature image