Thread: Old tomb raider games on a mac os x

Old tomb raider games on a mac os x

Hey all

Im interrested in knowing if there exist a program to let an old tomb raider game run on a Mac OS X, where it usually runs on OS 9....

I know there exist one for Windows, where you can install a program that lets you install old Tomb Raider game on XP, where it only supports 98 and lower, but cant find one for Mac though...

I got cd's to the first three games, and would like to play them again, but i need Mac OS 9 or lower to play it, it cant be played on a OS X !!!

Please im in dillemma, if anyone got any ideas of such a program please reply me....

Smile

Hi Sauz, and welcome to the forums. For earlier versions of Tomb Raider that run on OS9, there is no way to run them without OS9, so you must install Classic Support (ie OS9) to run them. Classic Support might be on your install CDs. It's included on one of the CDs that came with my 20 inch iMac G5. MacGlide fixed some of the graphics glitches for me in TR1. The following link is about MacGlide. Tomb Raider 5 (I think) and up have Carbon versions, so they will run natively on Mac OS X. I hope this helps.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=67495

Thank you

Thank you for the answer....

But i can only say that the Mac Os 9 classic cd didnt come together with my mac, i buyed the windows support one. I cant install mac os 9 on my computer apparently, because i've chosen from start to have windows as secondary system... So no mac os 9 for me...

But thank you anyways for the kind answer...

(if anybody else occurs the dilemma and may know somebody who can make mac os x native installer, please reply to me again....)

It should'nt be a problem making native installer for TR, Blizzard did it for Starcraft, why not Tomb raider too?

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. You didn't mention you had an Intel Mac, and I didn't think of asking. In that case, there is no Classic support for Mac OS X on Intel Macs, which I'm afraid means it is not possible to run OS9 apps (like early Tomb Raider games) on Intel Macs. That's a shame, isn't it. Perhaps in the future someone will develop something to run Classic on the Intel Macs, but I haven't heard anything so far.

Hi there Sauz. I'm not a MAC person but have you checked out http://www.users.bigpond.com/macraider/? If anyone would know about TR for the MAC, it would be Kerrie.

Hello to you Suzie, and thanks for that link, hope it helps...