Yuffie Kisaragi - Yumi Kakazu
    Vincent Valentine - Shogo Suzuki
    Zack Fair - Kenichi Suzumura
    Sephiroth - Toshiyuki Morikawa

English:

Cloud Strife - Steve Burton
    Tifa Lockhart - Rachael Leigh Cook
    Barret Wallace - Beau Billingslea
    Aerith Gainsborough - Mandy Moore (KH), Mena Suvari (KH2, Advent Children), Andrea Bowen (Crisis Core)
    Cid Highwind - Chris Edgerly
    Red XIII - Liam O'Brien
    Cait Sith - Greg Ellis
    Yuffie Kisaragi - Christy Carlson Romano (KH, Advent Children), Mae Whitman (KH2, Dirge of Cerberus)
    Vincent Valentine - Steven Jay Blum
    Zack Fair - Rick Gomez
    Sephiroth - George Newbern

What do you guys think of the characters' voice casting? Did you like all of them or could their personalities be better portrayed with a different voice actor/actress?

My biggest issue with the voice casting has to be the English version of Aerith in Advent Children and KH2, hands down. I don't know anyone who liked her portrayal by Mena at all. Andrea Bowen actually did a pretty good job in Crisis Core.

Originally Posted by ZERORAPTOR
    Japanese:

Cloud Strife - Takahiro Sakurai
    Tifa Lockhart - Ayumi Ito
    Barret Wallace - Masahiro Kobayashi
    Aerith Gainsborough - Maaya Sakamoto
    Cid Highwind - Kazuyuki Yama
    Red XIII - Masachika Ichimura
    Cait Sith - Hideo Ishikawa
    Yuffie Kisaragi - Yumi Kakazu
    Vincent Valentine - Shogo Suzuki
    Zack Fair - Kenichi Suzumura
    Sephiroth - Toshiyuki Morikawa

English:

Cloud Strife - Steve Burton
    Tifa Lockhart - Rachael Leigh Cook
    Barret Wallace - Beau Billingslea
    Aerith Gainsborough - Mandy Moore (KH), Mena Suvari (KH2, Advent Children), Andrea Bowen (Crisis Core)
    Cid Highwind - Chris Edgerly
    Red XIII - Liam O'Brien
    Cait Sith - Greg Ellis
    Yuffie Kisaragi - Christy Carlson Romano (KH, Advent Children), Mae Whitman (KH2, Dirge of Cerberus)
    Vincent Valentine - Steven Jay Blum
    Zack Fair - Rick Gomez
    Sephiroth - George Newbern

What do you guys think of the characters' voice casting? Did you like all of them or could their personalities be better portrayed with a different voice actor/actress?

My biggest issue with the voice casting has to be the English version of Aerith in Advent Children and KH2, hands down. I don't know anyone who liked her portrayal by Mena at all. Andrea Bowen actually did a pretty good job in Crisis Core.
    Does this also apply to Last Order or only Advent Children? o.o?

Hmm, good question. My only issue is basically the same as yours. I have to say I just loved Aerith's voice in Crisis Core, she did a great job just like she did with the Moogle girl in ACC. I can in a way understand why they opted for Mena, afterall I'm sure they wanted Aerith to sound more mature/older then she did in Crisis Core, at least to a degree, and perhaps they wanted her to sound more "ghost like". I think that could have been done though with her Crisis Core VA, maybe they could have just layered it a bit or added an echo like they did anyway.

As for all the other voice actors, I really didn't have any issue. I think Yuffie's VA from KH2 and DoC did a great job matching the AC voice actress and Yuffie as a character. I was also extremely impressed how much the english voice actors sound so much like their japanese counter parts. I really only heard it in a youtube comparison video, and I was very impressed. Regardless they all did an outstanding job, it's one of the best dubs I've ever seen, but I was blown away at how similar they sounded to the original voices. Especially Cloud's, Reno's, and Vincent's.

The only other issue I can say that I had with voices, was the english voice for Genesis at the end of DoC. But..I can't really complain about this. After all, it seems they knew it wasn't right at all, so I'm just more then grateful that they changed it for Crisis Core. His CC VA was excellent and very fitting. Don't even get me started on Zack...Rick Gomez's acting for Zack really did blow me away. I don't think it could have been done any better.

All in all, I really did love the entire voice cast for both the english and japanese versions. From Cait Sith to Sephiroth, and from Barret to Tifa, I really did love them all. I also think some other character's that some people forget to mention deserve recognition for how well done there voices were, well in my opinion at least. I was very impressed with Denzel and Marlene from AC, though I admit I did like Marlene's original voice a bit better (seems that she was redone in the Blu Ray version), and Tseng, Cissnei, Angeal, and Lazard's voices in Crisis Core I thought were terrific. Even other characters such as Weiss, Rozzo, Shelke, Nero, Hojo, Hollander, and some others I might be forgetting...really were well done. Rozzo in particular, I love the accent she was given, and Hojo...even though I despise him as a character, I was deffinitly able to appreciate the voice acting on his part...especially that laugh he often does.

Originally Posted by GETTUM

Does this also apply to Last Order or only Advent Children? o.o?
    Last Order is part of the compilation so yes.

Originally Posted by GETTUM

I was very impressed with Denzel and Marlene from AC, though I admit I did like Marlene's original voice a bit better (seems that she was redone in the Blu Ray version), and Tseng, Cissnei, Angeal, and Lazard's voices in Crisis Core I thought were terrific.

Yeah, I also prefer Japanese Marlene. Her English voice actress didn't sound childishly cute enough for me.