Thread: Gameplay issue of 29/10 teste

Gameplay issue of 29/10 teste

Gameplay issue of 29/10 teste

Hello guys, I have been playing today and had a lot of fun, yet I stumble upon 2 bugs that might already have been reported. If so, forgive me for rebashing it :P

Map- freeport
    team vampires:
    • =TSG=ransom
    • [IC]Xaragoth
    • Yawning Soldier
    • Fox ( me )

Team human:
    1. Shuriko
    2. Fawren
      Forgot the rest of player nicks

Hour: roughly around 20h Paris time

So The first one occured when I was playing as a tyrant and started to drink the blood of an enemy corpse near a " corner " of the map. After drinking his blood my character got stuck in that corner and stayed in " falling " animation pose unable to move. I had to be killed by the enemy to be realeased.
    Thank you puny humans ;P

disregard this since it is a known issue.

The second bug was on the exact same game with the tyrant again. Climbing a wall of a specific house on a specific side of this house would result in the tyrant falling trough the roof and getting inside the house. I was able to replicate it as many time as I wanted.

I took a few screenshot of the map location where I had this issue unfortunatly I don't know where to allocate them for you to see them. I don't want to use a public site like imageshake.com since it goes against the NDA.

If you want me to provide you with the screenshots, let me know of an e-mail or something.
    Last edited by underfox; 29th Oct 2013 at 22:47.

Yeah i was in this game too and saw the chatlog

But because of this game i have two issues too, which I think could be discussed. I also want to take the chance to post some other issues of todays session, since this thread is already open
    Getting balanced teams
    I think it's only natural that one team has better players than the other. I this match it was shown to me very clear That's not that much of a problem. But if I'm correct the players are shuffled in the lobby when the game starts. It would be fair if this shuffeling would include getting the levels on each team even. I think a high level is a clear sign that a player has more experience than players with a low level. I think at random matches the gaming machine should somehow provide a fair division of high level players in both teams. If friends, clans or whatever want to play together I would recommend some kind of searching game as team, maybe like in the old Warcraft 3 Battle.net if some of you have played it.
    As I said it's not that much of a problem if one team is far better than the other, but I think the fun would increase if you could manage to get higher level players with low level players in balance at a random match.
    (this happened to me not in this match alone, at one match we were 4 players level 1-5 against a team in which the lowest player reached lvl 9 or something like that)

Limit of a class per team
    It think you should limit the use of a class per team. In this match it was clear what can happen, if one team (which as mentioned before was also more skilled ) chooses for example 4 tyrants while the other teams chooses 4 hunters. I think both sides didn't chose that on purpose and it would have been better, if the human team would have communicated better
    But fighting again 4 tyrants was way too hard in my oppinion. Of course the differnece between the skills of the teams were one explanation for this, but I don't think it can be explained just by this. Therefore it was too hard, too much of a slaughter (even its creating some kind of terrifying atmosphere for the humans ). In my oppinion it's too hard to counter this as humans. Maybe it would be a nice kick to the balance of a round if you manage to limit the usage of the classes per team.

Little Feedback on the Reaver
    I tried to play reaver in every match today. I think it's pretty fun and i think I will post something more when I learned to play him proper. But there were two problems i noticed.
    1) When i Jumpattacked an enemy i got stuck one time at the edge of a corner and the beginning of a bridge. There was no attacking animation or whatsoever, i just could end the attack, which was a bit frustrating.
    2)This isn't a problem with the reaver in particular, i think this happens to every vamp and human as well. I don't really miss the option to jump...but you can get stuck before an entrance because of stairs. a vampire, who can jump from building to building shouldn't be allowed to be blocked by some stairs This happened to me two times, when i didn't try to enter a building with stairs on the entrance straight.

Like I said, the first two issues are just my oppinion of how some match could be more balanced.

Originally Posted by McFunkyJack
    Getting balanced teams
    I think it's only natural that one team has better players than the other. I this match it was shown to me very clear That's not that much of a problem. But if I'm correct the players are shuffled in the lobby when the game starts. It would be fair if this shuffeling would include getting the levels on each team even. I think a high level is a clear sign that a player has more experience than players with a low level. I think at random matches the gaming machine should somehow provide a fair division of high level players in both teams. If friends, clans or whatever want to play together I would recommend some kind of searching game as team, maybe like in the old Warcraft 3 Battle.net if some of you have played it.
    As I said it's not that much of a problem if one team is far better than the other, but I think the fun would increase if you could manage to get higher level players with low level players in balance at a random match.
    (this happened to me not in this match alone, at one match we were 4 players level 1-5 against a team in which the lowest player reached lvl 9 or something like that)
    The matchmaking right now seems to be grouping friends. Since Ransom, Yawning and me tend to end up in the same games and got each other friendlisted, you end up with a group of pretty scary players there. This is more of a problem with how long people play and who works better together (Ransom and me using TS3 didn't help). Quick reactions from our end usually ensure pretty good scores for us. However it stands to note that both Ransom and me were mostly testing weapons and skills for the Scout - aside from 2 rounds where we had nothing to test and as such played Hunter/Alchemist a bit.

I agree however that the game tends to do weird matching. One of the games the teams were even and then it tossed the level 11 of the enemy team right over to ours.

We are btw already grouping pre-search. Not sure how much the algorythm mixes pre-made groups with public groups.

It think you should limit the use of a class per team. In this match it was clear what can happen, if one team (which as mentioned before was also more skilled ) chooses for example 4 tyrants while the other teams chooses 4 hunters. I think both sides didn't chose that on purpose and it would have been better, if the human team would have communicated better
    But fighting again 4 tyrants was way too hard in my oppinion. Of course the differnece between the skills of the teams were one explanation for this, but I don't think it can be explained just by this. Therefore it was too hard, too much of a slaughter (even its creating some kind of terrifying atmosphere for the humans ). In my oppinion it's too hard to counter this as humans. Maybe it would be a nice kick to the balance of a round if you manage to limit the usage of the classes per team.
    It was without intention, but was amusing nonetheless

I think locking classes will not really help here. 4 Tyrants are scary, but they are also kinda weak. The problem here I think was more born of the fact that we had two people who could just leap right into your midst. You were so busy firing on Tyrants with Endure Pain that were leaving that the other two could charge and stun you, before we came in and stunned as well.

If anything I think there is a problem with CC-Chains right now, not so much with class stacking in particular.

And obviously awareness/knowledge problem. Bolaing a Tyrant who has blown his skills is fairly pointless, while using Bolas against a Tyrant that charges in usually ensures their death or retreat. Leap can be pretty easily dodged since the flight time is quite long, you just gotta keep an eye on the sky at times.

If you had mixed a bit more and had access to more unlocks, you'd probably have easily been able to fight back

Originally Posted by Xaragoth
    The matchmaking right now seems to be grouping friends. Since Ransom, Yawning and me tend to end up in the same games and got each other friendlisted, you end up with a group of pretty scary players there.

We are btw already grouping pre-search. Not sure how much the algorythm mixes pre-made groups with public groups.
    Ah okay, didn't know that I think it would be preferable if pre-made groups would end up with other pre-made groups, same levels would be ideal. But I think that idea would be something for the beta or final version, since we're not that much player right now
    But as you said, sometimes the mixing seems a mit weird.

It was without intention, but was amusing nonetheless

If you had mixed a bit more and had access to more unlocks, you'd probably have easily been able to fight back
    Suprisingly it was, yes
    Yes i thought about that too, seems the main problem was the difference in skill&experience and of course the team work, since we didn't really mixed up the team. Think that suggestion was because of a little bit frustration yesterday, it sure wouldn't be the best decision to intere with possible mixes in a team.
    Neverless i think that could be kept in mind for beta or final version, since if new or not that much experienced players would meet such a party of players, it could become really frustrating for them too. A fact that should be kept away from beginners Therefore again I would suggest that the matchmaking would be made more balanced when more players are about to join, at least in beta or final.

Yeah i was in this game too and saw the chatlog

But because of this game i have two issues too, which I think could be discussed. I also want to take the chance to post some other issues of todays session, since this thread is already open
    Getting balanced teams

Little Feedback on the Reaver
    I tried to play reaver in every match today. I think it's pretty fun and i think I will post something more when I learned to play him proper. But there were two problems i noticed.
    1) When i Jumpattacked an enemy i got stuck one time at the edge of a corner and the beginning of a bridge. There was no attacking animation or whatsoever, i just could end the attack, which was a bit frustrating.
    2)This isn't a problem with the reaver in particular, i think this happens to every vamp and human as well. I don't really miss the option to jump...but you can get stuck before an entrance because of stairs. a vampire, who can jump from building to building shouldn't be allowed to be blocked by some stairs This happened to me two times, when i didn't try to enter a building with stairs on the entrance straight.

Like I said, the first two issues are just my oppinion of how some match could be more balanced.
    Fighting 4 Tyrants wasnt really a fight =S
    We got screwed!

(click image to enlarge)

Would like to apologise for that stomping we handed out with the 4 tyrants yesterday, as Xaragoth said, we were testing Scout and Tyrant gear.
    The round where we played 4 tyrants we were just 1 match away from unlocks, so we kind of just rushed it.
    I know that aint really fair to other people who have just gotten into the game and i will keep that in mind next time, and go a bit easier on them.

As for 4 Tyrants however it was more about our teamplay and individual skill, since earlier that day we did run into a team of Tyrants, and they all died very quickly without killing any of us.
    However i do agree that there should be a limit of 2 or 3 per class, cuz stacking Hunters,Scouts or Sentinels on a team does make it very unbalanced if the players know what they're doing.

Oh btw, I'm Ransom.

Yeah, we were in a bit of a hurry, because we lost nearly an hour due to the server fixing and all that. Wanted to give some Bows a spin on the Scout

I feel when the NDA is lifted, we gotta make a 4 Tyrant video. With funny music. Just cause'

If you group up before searching, it will force you all onto the same team. You can't group up with someone then farm them for XP/Gold on the opposite team.

Rank and skill team balancing isn't turned on yet.

Originally Posted by Balantin
    Would like to apologise for that stomping we handed out with the 4 tyrants yesterday, as Xaragoth said, we were testing Scout and Tyrant gear.
    The round where we played 4 tyrants we were just 1 match away from unlocks, so we kind of just rushed it.
    I know that aint really fair to other people who have just gotten into the game and i will keep that in mind next time, and go a bit easier on them.
    No need to apologize

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    If you group up before searching, it will force you all onto the same team. You can't group up with someone then farm them for XP/Gold on the opposite team.

Rank and skill team balancing isn't turned on yet.
    Just out of curiosity - what if you don't group up and join a friends game? Will that match you?

Just out of curiosity - what if you don't group up and join a friends game? Will that match you?
    No, there's no logic in place to try to group friends. It's only when you search for a match as a "party".

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    No, there's no logic in place to try to group friends. It's only when you search for a match as a "party".
    But isn't that basically then still allowing you to farm them?

On the other hand, what is the reward for a draw? 50 gold for each team?

Just thinking about how some people might find ways around the current matchmaking to get a ton of gold via arranged matches.

Doesn't matter though since the gold will probably be wiped before a proper matchmaking is implemented.

True, just thinking of possible loopholes in the logic here.