Thread: Comment - All Hallows (TR3) *Spoilers*

Unhappy Comment - All Hallows (TR3) *Spoilers*

Assuming that most of us have successfully collected all the secrets throughout TR3 and accessed the bonus level, All Hallows, what did you make of it?

Were you expecting a bigger level with more activity? Was the effort spent in collecting all the secrets justified?

It's always a great bonus to have a little extra gameplay but I was quite disappointed when the level came to an abrupt end. There I was in an upper room, ahead of me were stacks of goodies (ammo, med-packs et al), leading me to assume that I was likely to need them for further combat and challenges. But as one approaches the pick-ups that's it! The game ends

I kept on reloading, each time inching forward a small way - side-stepping, crawling, everything to see if I could get a little bit further! What a cruel tease that really was
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Lo. View Post
    Assuming that most of us have successfully collected all the secrets throughout TR3 and accessed the bonus level, All Hallows, what did you make of it?
    Woah! Woah! Woah! TR3 was probably the hardest TR game, well it is for me anyway

Hmm, I remember cheating for all (keys and) secrets before I skipped the level just so I could visit that level

But lets cut to the chase. My opinion on it would be, sneaky because of those pickups past the end of level invisible activation wall, but I thought the level was good, a little short but I liked it as a bonus

It's been a while since I last played it, but I remember bits of it. I remember it was really dark (tweaking up the gamma would ruin the atmosphere, but I ended up having to do so otherwise I couldn't play at all) and I was reloading constantly because there were really tall platforms in the beginning, where we have to work our way down to the cathedral ground floor. It was a good extra, nevertheless, but nothing as nice as Nightmare in Vegas (the extra level in The GOlden Mask) or Reunion (from The Lost Artifact).

What does the Golden Mask comprise of? Vegas sounds like a fun level. I've heard of it but not come across it yet. I wonder if it is still available for purchase?

If you've got TR2 on PC CD you can download the Golden Mask free of charge. Four levels set in Alaska and the extra level in a hotel in Vegas. Some BIG surprises in the streets as well.

I'll look up a link for you.

Here (17mb).

Wow! Thanks for that Treeble!

I'm away tomorrow on hols but might have time in the morning to download it - hopefully it won't take too long as I am on dial-up! I'll get the screenshot comp underway too when I return.

Thanks again, very good news!

It's been a while, but yeah, I remember being disappointed in All Hallows. I just used a cheat to get to it. I would have been extra upset had I done all the secrets legwork because some in three were a real pain to get.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
    I just used a cheat to get to it. I would have been extra upset had I done all the secrets legwork because some in three were a real pain to get.
    I played TR3 the first time on PS and it was hard on that platform, and hadn't played it on PC at that stage so All Hallows was actually the first TR3 level I had played on PC (I've been playing it recently on the PC and I'm now up to the Lost City of Tinnos). I wasn't "disappointed in All Hallows but was surprised at how abruptly it ended. I just loved the
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

Assuming that most of us have successfully collected all the secrets throughout TR3 and accessed the bonus level, All Hallows, what did you make of it? Were you expecting a bigger level with more activity? Was the effort spent in collecting all the secrets justified?
    In fact, this subject also I thought about hanging a poll. hehe~
    What is the most difficult secrets in the TR serise to you?
    I saw this "All Hallows"(=bonus level) in TR_03 and bonus gallery
    at TR_05 in the last year!!! That's mean... It was very difficult
    that finding all secrets at that time in TR_03. or TR_05. etc.

So I'd like to insert this bonus level into Lara's home in the future.
    More and more increasing this Lara's home bonus by bonus each serises.
    e.g. You can get out of the gate if you complete levels. or you can get
    a certain bonus level in Lara's home town area including Lara's home... etc.

It's always a great bonus to have a little extra gameplay but I was quite disappointed when the level came to an abrupt end...I kept on reloading, each time inching forward a small way - side-stepping, crawling, everything to see if I could get a little bit further! What a cruel tease that really was
    Yeah~ that's true. Everybody said like that.
    In generally, this TR serise having too much abrupt end.
    So I thought "majesty-ending-scean"(?) individually(?)
    at Lara's home in the future TR by each users will be able to
    make this scean oneselevs. Kept on reloading... this issue
    is a little bit having irony to all users. Everybody said too easy TRL...
    This mean... We should Returning back "keep on reloading", don't we?!

It's very difficult to explain detailly... If I speak in English very well,
    or easier I can give more IDEA to EIDOS. Everybody saying mean...
    Harder game = Reloading or saving much more inch by inch for advance.
    (=return to old technology) Therefore... My saying is... If the mordern
    technology advancing, and adaption it to the TR game, game being more easier.
    Such like All Hollow level will be able to insert Lara's home town in the future.

Conclusion:

So EIDOS should searching how make a game hard
    and complicated except for (or under morden technology)
    technical side. This is very difficult job... (Actually,
    TR game have already been difficult game without work-through.)

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Here (17mb).
    More useful link PLZ~ Now I will try to all of gold-versions~

[flash=http://copythat.pe.kr/tombraider/templates/whosonline_EIDOS_sign2.swf]width='80' height='80'[/flash] ...Don't you think have you seen enough?

I could not help but feel immensely satisfied as I played that level, as it meant that I had finally geared myself to face the wasps in the pool room onwards in Tinnos and, what's more, get the timed secret.

It's more an exploration level, and I can see why it was dropped out of the main game (it was supposed to take off where Thames Wharf ended, which makes much more sense than getting down into a tube station through a cathedral roof). Nightmare in Vegas is a much worthier bonus level. However, All Hallows is definitely beautiful and atmospheric enough to be a veritable reward, in my opinion. It is short, but it's very easy to die in it.

My favourite way to die was
    That was really cool.
    signature image
    I am Set, god of chaos and the desert. I add to the balance of the world. Without chaos and destruction, there is no peace and harmony.