Thread: FFXIV: Purchasing Problems

FFXIV: Purchasing Problems

Square Enix took my money Really!!!

So just today after getting off work and payday I wanted to buy FF14 sense I haven't played sense beta and thought it would be a good fresh game to get into. I almost bought though ebay because it was cheaper but just my luck the game was on sale, even better the Collectors edition for $18. I was happy and was ready to get in and play. I bought the game through PayPal, it went through, got the confirmation they took my money, and nothing...

They take my money, and no game key or anything. I searched my account and no records, I checked findmyorder and nothing. I called 3 times for phone support and every time they hung up on me just as I say HI. Now I sent in support tickets and have to wait for those replies. If this is how Square Enix handles support then screw this give me my money back I'll go play SWTOR over this crap.

I'm in the same boat, zaocore. I was contemplating asking other retailers if they would price-match this, but I thought; "What could go wrong?". Now I'm sitting here without my damn code, but of course the money was taken instantaneously. Google led me here, just like everyone else. Should have listened to my gut.

Wow, wish i had seen this thread before buying. Same problem. Money removed from paypal, no registration code sent.

Welp, I guess this is just a mistake I've made, too. I also wish I'd seen this before buying through the SE site, much as I hate to say it...
    I purchased the Collectors Edition at 18$. It's only been an hour but I've never bought a digital game and not received the download and key-code instantly.
    The charge has showed up on my card but no e-mail, and apparently, it's not even showing up in my order history. I can't even express how incredibly disappointed I am right now. Me having a day off from both jobs by no request is practically a miracle and I was looking forward to logging a few hours into ARR for the first time....
    I sent support an e-mail but looks like I will get a response "in the order that they were sent" or something along those lines..

Based on previous testimonials it looks like playing today may not be happening ;/

Paypal sent me Order Confirmation right away. SE's email to register this SE Account followed shortly after. The SE email looked so suspicious that I checked to make sure it was secure and the right URL. When I used the pasted link to check it instead of the embedded hyperlink, I didn't like the look of the Registration form either. So I closed the tab, did some research on the FFXIV site on phishing scams and checking the legitimacy of site redirects.

1) https - "S" must be present. Check.
    2) square-enix - must be spelled correctly with the hyphen. Check.

Because I had closed the tab, when I clicked the email or tried pasting the link again, the Registration form would not appear saying "This token has already been used." I thought I might have to contact Customer Support to get a new token code, but I held back the panic and tried my browser History thinking "This really should not work." (Accessing a secure page for information entry should expire not be renewable through revisiting the old link through History. Yes?)

It worked. I wasn't relieved or impressed. And I kept having doubts whether this was a legit SE Registration because it seemed way to easy to get back the "This token has already been used" link.

So I entered my information thinking "I hope this isn't a keylogger" fake page. And I get here. Yay! But ... hm.

But no follow-up email with my PC Download Activation Code yet. [Update Edit: I ordered at 10:24 AM and got the Order Confirmation email with the Activation Key Code at 1:03 PM. So about 2.5 hours.]

I bought NCSoft's Guild Wars 2 over the Black Friday Sale, and they gave me an Order Number with a Notice saying Processing could take up to 48 hours. I logged off and checked my email the next day and there was my Activation Key Code. Yay!

1) It would be really helpful if SE had more information about identifying false emails, because the email they send looks like a scam. (I am sorry, but it's true.) They don't include any concept art or anything that looks "official." The starkness of the email makes it look like a quick "paste" job by a phisher copying fonts and colors.
    2) SE needs to make accessing an "already used token" through History not possible. That part was so alarming, I didn't want to fill out the Registration form. Also there should be a link at the bottom of the email to Request a new link to Register if the Account wasn't confirmed. If I hadn't been able to use that old link through History, I couldn't have registered or activated the game I just bought!
    3) SE should also include a Notice like NCSoft how long Processing the Order may take so that their customers don't worry "what happened?" Customers need to know the status of their Order and what to expect after their Order is Complete. It would take a load off Customer Support and grease the wheels of commerce.

Com'n, Square! We love yar games, give us some love here!
    Last edited by Dyrnwyn; 18th Dec 2014 at 13:32.

SAME HERE I just bought the Digital version, still no key.

Unhappy Bought FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn 60 Day Game Time Card [DOWNLOAD]

I just bought this FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn 60 Day Game Time Card [DOWNLOAD] because I want to extend my subscription ASAP to get the "recruitee" reward. My country is not listed in the online shop. Seeing that it has a "[download]" behind, I assumed that it is a digital purchase so I randomly keyed in an invalid address for the purchase. However, the payment is made, but I can't seem to find any way to download my game time card. I didn't get any email for my game time card either. Is it supposed to be shipped over to a shipping address or was I too impatient and should wait for 1-2days before I can get it in my mail? I tried tracking the order and is able to find it when i enter my email and the last 5 digit of my credit card, but I can't seem to find a way to get my hands on the key for the game time card. Can anybody help me?

Was there ever a time that the key has been sent within a day?

I just bought the game last night at 2am.
    Got the e-mail 10 hours later. You never get it instantly, it seems.

Holy crap... Had I read this before I would have either bought the game days ago or bought it just now from Amazon... Who would have thought that buying from the official site would be the worst option. I have never seen such a bad way of handling digital sales.

When you buy an expansion in WoW or something, the code gets instantly entered in the account right after paying. Having to wait up to 72 hours for a digital code is ridiculous. Makes me want to just cancel my order and move on -.-

I see here I am not the only one but anyone know why it is taking so long to get a digital code for 60 days game time? like god I had no choice but to pay this way cause I don't have a credit card just PayPal and now all my friends are playing and I am here sitting so far for a hour and a half waiting for a email and I won't forget to mention that they already took my money ofcourse.

736 posts about this....Im going to venture a guess that im not likely to get my code tonight. Holy I would say at 100 posts it would have been time to sort some out for any company.

What an inept company. Wish I had read this thread before purchasing. I'm going to dispute the charge with my credit card once (and if ever) it goes through. Waiting days for a digital purchase is a complete joke.

Another "happened to me too"
    Just bought the FFXIV deluxe digital download after playing the free trial that made me fall in love with this game and its been 5 hours and no code or nothing..... They did charge my card 2 minutes after I hit purchase though.... And the site just said it would take a moment to get my code. I guess by moment they mean whenever they feel like it after they spend my money.

I am in the same boat as those above me, purchased the digital edition through the Square Enix website.

Incredible... i really should have done some reading before deciding to purchase from what i assumed was the best option. Caveat Emptor i suppose...

24 hours and an email to the customer service later, still no registration code.

Wow, Just wow.

oh well thank god i'm not alone, they tried to charge me twice for my collectors digital over 3 days ago... and i STILL haven't received the damn link.. What's the bloody hold up? it's a DIGITAL code.. that they can generate on command.. lets go already...

Originally Posted by AndresLionheart
    Makes me want to just cancel my order and move on -.-
    good luck, i have been waiting 3 days and i told them to either give me my money back or send the digital code... they instead charged me a second time and won't answer my emails.

why is this still an issue ?

They won't let you cancel your order once you place it. Trust me, I tried that when I ordered my copy.

*Tidus voice* Listen to my story...

I purchased the game back in January. Unfortunately I didn't find this thread so I am part of the victims who was caught off guard by this. When I purchased the digital copy I received an instant confirmation from Paypal and within minutes the charge appeared on my bank account. But there was not a confirmation email to be found in my box. Thankfully, I did get an order history within the first half hour (which is still absurd).

Two hours later that same night, still no redemption code. Which again, is absurd knowing how digital downloads purchases are. And you can't even download the game until you have that code. So I got into an online chat with one of their reps asking them about this. They informed me it was an issue with their "accounting department" (which we'll get into that lovely tidbit in a second). The rep very kindly gave me all the contact information I needed and wished me the best. I proceed to call.

After waiting for an hour and a half for someone to answer my call I finally got a rep on the phone. I explained my situation and read off the transaction number in my order history when instructed to and explained that I didn't even have a confirmation from SE in my email. I then got the stock answer that it could take up to 72 hours to receive my confirmation, let alone wherever that redemption key was. I told her politely that that was absurd, as just about every other shop I've ever known sends confirmation immediately. My Paypal could, why couldn't they? She had no explanation.

So then I asked if I could cancel my order, as purchasing digitally has the perks of playing almost instantaneously. If I had known it would take this long I would have gone out to my local store and bought the physical disk. I was told upfront that they were unable to cancel my order because the "accounting department" was still verifying my order. Meaning that technically, my order wasn't even in their books yet.

So my credit card says you took my money, Paypal says you took my money, even your own website order history says you took my money, yet my order isn't "verified" yet? I told her quite frankly that if I didn't see a confirmation email at the very least by the following morning, I would be going through my bank instead of this "accounting department". I hung up and brought up my Paypal email.

It turns out that SE's "accounting department" is really a third party company called "Digital Rivers," as my purchase from the official SE store didn't show "Square Enix" as the seller, but Digital Rivers. I looked them up. They're horrendously notorious for ridiculous customer service.

The paypal email even came with a Digital Rivers tracking code that you can use on their official website to track the status of your order. Well that tracking service kept saying that code they gave me "did not exist." The only other way to check my order was to enter my credit card, which again, came up null because I had used Paypal which masked my card. So SE claimed in their order history that the purchase had gone through, yet the company handling my actual order and redemption code was flat out telling me that my purchase was something out of a fiction book and didn't even exist.

Thankfully, the following morning I did get my confirmation email of purchase, but I NEVER got an email with my redemption code. Around 3 or 4 that afternoon I happened to look at my order history, where my redemption code "magically" appeared where it should have been from the start. It is now April 2015 (I ordered January 2015) and not once did an email with my redemption code ever appear in any of my boxes, spam or otherwise. Thank the heavens I looked at that order history out of depression.

Needless to say, I have ordered Heavensward through Amazon, and not this horrible online store. If anyone else reads this that has already been affected, check your order history and do so constantly. Because there's a high chance you'll never get it through email. Square, drop Digital Rivers and just do this yourself. These people are horrible.
    Last edited by Ruwalk; 8th Apr 2015 at 23:12.

Guys please help me, I've been trying to fix this issue for the last 3 hours.

I bought the digital version of FFXIV and couldn't find registration code (I know you don't need one when you buy it digital) or even link my PSN to my SE account. I tried going to the MogStation and couldn't find my purchase of the game (The full game).I only found the beta that I played in 2014 when I log in to my account using the MogStation.

http://i.imgur.com/KNZMcEwl.png

Final Fantasy XIV DLC

Hi,
    my problem is, I can't buy the DLC, I tried paying with paypal, because this is the only way for me paying it.
    But every time I want to purchase the DLC it says;

"For security reasons, we are unable to process your payment with the PayPal account you have chosen."

I also tried buying it with 2 another paypal accounts, the same outcome.
    Both were also used to buy the DLC for a friends account and it worked. So I think this issue has something to do with my square-enix account?

Issue purchasing digital copy of A realm reborn.

I recently got back into playing the game on a daily basis. I have a PS4 subscription and upon some research I decided to switch over to PC. I know that you do not need to purchase a separate subscription, you only need to buy the game. So I made an account for the Square Enix Online Store and was going to purchase the digital version of A Realm Reborn because, as I said, I just got back into playing it and so I decided to wait to purchase Heavensward. My problem however, is that after heading to the checkout, entering my payment info and hitting place order, a message appeared which stated: Sorry, your order cannot be completed. There is no stock anymore for this product.

Is this because heavensward was released? And by that I mean do they no longer allow you to purchase solely A realm reborn and force you to purchase the bundle that includes the two, or is it just a temporary thing and if so what is the issue as i fail to see how there can be no stock for a digital copy?

I have bought 4 copies of FF14 in an attempt to set up an account for my GF to play on our PC. The first time i registered my cd key to the wrong service account (still waiting on help from support on that.) The next 2 times i paid on Steam without getting a cd key. This is absolutely horrendous and unfair. Something needs to be done. Square Enix's purchasing systems are absolute trash, and their support is confusing and offers little help. I have been a dedicated fan for most of my life, and now it appears as though i have paid the price. Thank you so much Square Enix, i think it's time to switch to BETHESDA.
    If anyone has any information on where i can put them on blast in reviews or generally complain that would be great. People should know what's going on here.

Have you tried to get in touch with chat support?

Page 30 of 31 First First ... 20262728293031 Last