Thread: Was CORE that bad???

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    for example i know TR2 is the best vid game ever
    What?

Just something to think about . . .

Quote Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
    What?

Just something to think about . . .
    well i was joking it is the best along with, Onimusha 3 , Eternal Darkness, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Monkey Island 1,2+3. and Shenmue 1+2

and thats just too date and i'm sure i've missed some

beccaxx

Core were fantastic, and beats CD to all, they make it looks sooo good, and gives good stories And do NOT involve lara`s family in every damn story they come up with!
    To bad we wont se any Real tomb raiders again, now we got another 007 Hero...

Quote Originally Posted by Lara Cruz View Post
    To bad we wont se any Real tomb raiders again, now we got another 007 Hero...
    *cough* she became a 007-hero back in TR2 and officially in TRC.
    however, I do not complain. it doesn't bother me.
    btw, IMO, TRL was a lot more TR-ish then AOD.

and gives good stories And do NOT involve lara`s family in every damn story they come up with!
    Hey, give Crystal a chance. They only made one game so far, so yes, technically they DID involve Lara's family in "every damn story they came up with." But by the same token, in 1996, someone could have said, "Why does Core have to involve Atlantis in every damn TR game they make?" Let's wait and see what Crystal does over the next ten years. Like I said before, it's not really fair to compare Crystal and Core since one company had the game for one year, and the other had it for close to ten years.

Also, I kind of like the fact that Crystal incorporated Lara's backstory into the plot. They could have taken the easy way out and just created another plot of "Lara must stop evil person from getting powerful artifact, or the world will be destroyed." By incorporating Lara's past into the mix, I think it added a new layer of depth.
    This signature has been banned by the department of health.

You do know that her father is in TRA?
    Quote Originally Posted by shirl123 View Post
    *cough* she became a 007-hero back in TR2 and officially in TRC.
    however, I do not complain. it doesn't bother me.
    btw, IMO, TRL was a lot more TR-ish then AOD.
    TR2 was mo eabout exploration then TR7. And TRC - I havent played through it so i dont know about that one, but then again, they smacked it together in 9 mounths.
    AOD Is the best TR game story wise, including nephilims and biblican stories and stuff.

No, he gets mentioned in TR:A.

And no, Core Design weren't bad. They just wanted to add too many things into one game, and kept chopping and changing it all the time. Btw, I'm talking about AoD.

Well i find it quite annoying that a story as simple as TR1, has to include her parents, why cant lara do a advanture for her own?

By incorporating Lara's past into the mix, I think it added a new layer of depth.
    Well, some (myself included) would say that CD significantly change the character of Lara Croft when they re-wrote her backstory. Lara has always had a backstory, but her lifestyle was her choice, not built around some deep-seated childhood trauma.

You can argue the merits of either of either backstory, of course, but you can't ignore the fact they do change the character of Lara.

You can easely notice the backstories influence on Lara croft tbh :P

That's what I want to say - Core have made a game that is staying the most popular action for nearly 10 years. All the games (I mean, TR1-TR5) made by Core had something that made Lara Croft not a lady with perfect manners and behavior, but a real Tomb Raider. It is a SPIRIT OF TR. Legend doesn't have it at all, so doesn't AOD. Lara isn't a rat of museums and isn't a pretty Barbie girl who's looking for mother. Sorry if I am wrong, but it is my own opinion

Quote Originally Posted by RussianBerry View Post
    That's what I want to say - Core have made a game that is staying the most popular action for nearly 10 years. All the games (I mean, TR1-TR5) made by Core had something that made Lara Croft not a lady with perfect manners and behavior, but a real Tomb Raider. It is a SPIRIT OF TR. Legend doesn't have it at all, so doesn't AOD. Lara isn't a rat of museums and isn't a pretty Barbie girl who's looking for mother. Sorry if I am wrong, but it is my own opinion
    yes you are so wrong! legend is one of the best games of the TR series,(despite it's short length), it was definitely a good and satifying comeback from AoD and even Chronicles. yes legend's story was surrounded by her mother and family, but her family also was in the tomb raiding thing, which is why Lara started. so legend was not off track at all as far as sticking to the roots. and yes Lara looked wonderful in legend thanx to CD's good graphic engine. you described lara as lookin like "a pretty Barbie girl who's looking for her mother." well yes she was just that and i enjoyed looking at her while i quickly beat the game.

beats lookin at TR1's Lara, oh i forgot you couldn't get the camera to expose her face. and that's my own opinion.

Well, you can't really blame it/compare it on/with TR1's graphics 'cause it's outdated so of course

There's two sides to the argument: in a way, yes, Lara's story did add some more depth to the game and made it more personal. In a way it's nice to find out what makes her tick. The story of Legend made her seem much more human and real.

However, I preferred her as she was in Core's games - much more mysterious. The story of Legend was good, don't get me wrong, but it felt to me like Lara couldn't be the free-spirited adventurer she was before because she was tied down to her mother, in a way.

Before, Lara didn't seem to care about anything except the prize. Cold-hearted perhaps, but that attitude seemed to work for the lighthearted TR1 (I found it lighthearted at any rate). To me, Lara doesn't seem the emotional type. As she develops as a character I suppose it's ineveitable that she becomes more 'human', but I still preferred it when she was just a little different from us, when she had no gaps in her armour at all. Core's getting her parents out of the way meant that she owed her allegiance to nobody.

errrr

err just going back to all those posts that hated AOD.... I LIKED IT!!! core had little time to make it and this was the first tomb raider on ps2, i didn't expect it to be something amazing and it really wasn't that bad... lets all forget about the "i feel stronger now" nonsense and the sudden "i can now sprint"... i mean even i was a little wtf about that. but i'm assuming that you all saw that tomb raider anniversary trailer that was leaked from core design...if you did then u'd know that it looked better then this remake (btw just asking why the new lara model (CD) was in it?)
    is everything a paradox? or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshorty View Post
    Don't forget that without CORE, there wouldn't even have been a Tomb Raider Anniversary BY CRYSTAL DYNAMICS. I salute to Core for their efforts
    Without Core, we wouldn't have had Tomb Raider AT ALL!
    And just for the record, Last Rev was my favorite.
    signature imagesignature imagesignature imagesignature image
    "Doomsday device?...I suppose I could part with one and still be feared..."
    Skusting's deviantArt gallery <-updated with regularity regularly!

Quote Originally Posted by DEEKMAN View Post
    Without Core, we wouldn't have had Tomb Raider AT ALL!
    And just for the record, Last Rev was my favorite.
    Ditto Well at least they leave the CORE DESIGN on the copyright info before the game starts in Legend.

You do know that her father is in TRA?
    TR2 was mo eabout exploration then TR7. And TRC - I havent played through it so i dont know about that one, but then again, they smacked it together in 9 mounths.
    AOD Is the best TR game story wise, including nephilims and biblican stories and stuff.
    ...story-wise, but the game-play was HORRIBLE, which one is more important for you in a GAME?
    and besides, the plot was ok-ish, but it definitely wasn't very deep and/or a masterpiece. you don't have to be some-kind of a genius to write something better, and I'm sure CD can come up with one.
    TR7 was quite experimental, TRA still is (since they didn't work on it for too long) - but they improved many things from TRL. give CD a chance, once they fully realize what most of the fans want - we'll get an amazing game ...although TRL is already amazing, IMO.

edited: sorry, didn't see the date of your post. my PC was in the tech lab for about a month, so I couldn't reply back then...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234