Thread: While we still have a voice-What do YOU want in BSM2?

While we still have a voice-What do YOU want in BSM2?

i get your idea
    it could be done i guess but you can also do that manually already
    -=)CSF(=-Haruna

Originally Posted by Bismarck1990
    I wasnt suggesting we get rid of single firing torps. I think a click and drag arc would just be an easy way to create a spread when needed.

I posted these on the BSM Community site already, but anyways...

First youd click at the start of your spread, drag, and release where you wanetd it to end. The standard DD broadside of 8 torps would be distributed at even eights along the arc depending on what size it was.

Excuse my diagrams, but i couldn't resist!
    That isn't going to work on the 360 version, so I would stick with launching single torpedoes.

-More large scale multiplayer battles involving more strategy and skilled combat.
    -Increase players per server that can play. (From 8 to 16 or so for pc version)
    -Many new maps + rotational map servers.
    -Achievements something like the card system in age of empires or any other achievement system which gives you a reward for doing something like increased repairs or new machines.
    -Getting rid of gamespy server hosting.

More players would be fun, but I don't think BSM should degenerate into giant mass attacks like in a first person shooter. It would remove the strategy element of gameplay.

Surely they're working on your first comment for better maps (bigger doesn't always mean better, keep in mind)

I'm almost certain they're getting rid of Lamespy hosting. It hasn't shown up in any trailers at any rate, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Achievements would be interesting, and it would encourage players to actually play with some skill (versus doing something stupid) but if the gameplay is anything like BSM the opportunity for award effects is somewhat limited. Repairs would be nice, as would a slightly better accuracy for cannons or something...but I think it was stated somewhere else that you can't exactly remodel the ships very easily.

Originally Posted by Arrow
    More players would be fun, but I don't think BSM should degenerate into giant mass attacks like in a first person shooter. It would remove the strategy element of gameplay.

Surely they're working on your first comment for better maps (bigger doesn't always mean better, keep in mind)

I'm almost certain they're getting rid of Lamespy hosting. It hasn't shown up in any trailers at any rate, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Achievements would be interesting, and it would encourage players to actually play with some skill (versus doing something stupid) but if the gameplay is anything like BSM the opportunity for award effects is somewhat limited. Repairs would be nice, as would a slightly better accuracy for cannons or something...but I think it was stated somewhere else that you can't exactly remodel the ships very easily.
    Agreed. Huge pack of players like >16 will make it like a TPS (Third-person shooter) more than a stratagy-related game.

Some large maps are really needed, the Coral Sea right now in BSM is surely too small, the surface ships always have conflict before the aircrafts are ready to attack! The Yamato always have a chance to sink an attack carrier in the Samar, which is impossible with regular US Navy strategy.

Ship naming and flag placement is in trouble in BSM, too. The Renown and Repulse got US Flag in Solomon, while Revenge is a Revenge Class battleship, Resolution is a Queen Elizabath Class battleship. Wasp is unique, not a Yorktown class. Yorktown was already sunk during Midway and have no chance appearing in Solomon, and more unacceptable mistakes...

Achievements are good, but NOT RANKS, or BSP will fall into a rank-whoring status like the Battlefield series of EA, like what Rockstar stated on a license plate, "EA Sucks".

Given how I'm not a major ship person (hell I don't even know how to swim; yet I know some minor things about sailing from my trip to Nova Scotia and some experience with my dad's friend) the names never really bothered me much.

...but now that I think about it, names really are rather important. Calling the Revenge a Renown, to me (being more plane and bird-aligned than anything) is like calling an F4F Wildcat a dive bomber, or identifying a falcon for a hawk.

Yet in Eidos' defence, you can cut back a little bit on the ship classes. Naka and Kako (which, according to Wiki, wasn't even completed) are both identified as Kumas, yet they clearly are actually Sendais. Yet functionally, and even visibly to me, they seem pretty identical enough to group them all into the Kuma.

I suppose, ultimately, it hinges on player's perspective.

Regarding more players...maybe that can be worked into the spectator thing. You can have a maximum of 8 players (assuming that hasn't changed) and up to X number of spectators.

The spectators can come and go as they please, but cannot join teams.

The spectators, by default, cannot communicate with non-spectators (spectators communicating would be essential for those attempting to make movies).

The lobby would not only display available games for players, but also for spectators. That sure beats looking at an empty "No servers found" multiplayer screen. Hell, if that was implemented in BSM, you'd negate 70% of the use for a chat lobby. Just join a game as a spectator, see who else is spectating, and ask them if they or you would make a server.

Originally Posted by *~CNR4806~*
    Agreed. Huge pack of players like >16 will make it like a TPS (Third-person shooter) more than a stratagy-related game.

Some large maps are really needed, the Coral Sea right now in BSM is surely too small, the surface ships always have conflict before the aircrafts are ready to attack! The Yamato always have a chance to sink an attack carrier in the Samar, which is impossible with regular US Navy strategy.
    Yeah, the starting position with both carriers heading straight for the Yamato is in violation of the carrier doctrine of any Navy, not just the USN.
    Ship naming and flag placement is in trouble in BSM, too. The Renown and Repulse got US Flag in Solomon, while Revenge is a Revenge Class battleship, Resolution is a Queen Elizabath Class battleship. Wasp is unique, not a Yorktown class. Yorktown was already sunk during Midway and have no chance appearing in Solomon, and more unacceptable mistakes...
    Minor point, Resolution is also a Revenge class battleship, not a Queen Elizabeth class.
    Achievements are good, but NOT RANKS, or BSP will fall into a rank-whoring status like the Battlefield series of EA, like what Rockstar stated on a license plate, "EA Sucks".
    There is going to be a ranking system in BSP, but hopefully the devs will stay clear of a trueskill based ranking system and use a R6V style system where you get a number of XP for winning a match and a smaller number of XP for being on the losing side.

Yet in Eidos' defence, you can cut back a little bit on the ship classes. Naka and Kako (which, according to Wiki, wasn't even completed) are both identified as Kumas, yet they clearly are actually Sendais. Yet functionally, and even visibly to me, they seem pretty identical enough to group them all into the Kuma.
    Kako was the second Furutaka class heavy cruiser built by Japan. It was launched in 1925 and lost in 1942 at Savo Island.

Naka as you say was indeed a Sendai type light cruiser.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/16870/...cific-Trailer/

look it says there's a skrimish mode but nothing about a level editor

Originally Posted by Some Guy
    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/16870/...cific-Trailer/

look it says there's a skrimish mode but nothing about a level editor
    Well, we can only hope Keir passes the word along.

It would be great to have a theater system and file shares like in Halo 3, and before anybody starts saying anything negative about my name, this is just my gamertag, I made when all I had was original x-box and all I played was Halo 2. Also please don't bash this just because it's derived from Halo. Thank you.

Originally Posted by TrickMyWarthog
    It would be great to have a theater system and file shares like in Halo 3, and before anybody starts saying anything negative about my name, this is just my gamertag, I made when all I had was original x-box and all I played was Halo 2. Also please don't bash this just because it's derived from Halo. Thank you.
    I can agree that rampant Halo bashing has got out of hand on a lot of forums, it might not have been all it was cracked up to be but its still a good game. Don't worry about people attacking you without reason here, the Battlestations forums are in general a friendly and welcoming place to be.

Now what is really good about Halo is the level of customisability and the theatre system is superb. There have been many battles online that I would love to be able to watch again, to see just how the battle was won or to watch a single ship taking on heroic odds and winning.

I really hope, that Guadalcanal is included in the campain. This battle was a important moment in history. Outnumbred american F4F's and P400 fought against japanese airforce and the best aviators of the empire of japan. The kill/death from the air combats were nearly 4:1. The american pilots did their job well and became heroes with medals of honor...

Nice holidays!!

ideas?

many of my ideas have probably already been mention, but what the hey..

-map editor for custom/skirmish mode? eg placing an island or ship
    -I-400 Sen-Toku class submarines (japanese giant 'carrier' sub - carried 4 recon/light bomber aircraft)
    -weather conditions - such as storms, which affect stability (moreso for small ships) when firing
    -more DLC
    -subs able to change pitch similar to the aircraft system
    -ability to customise ships to some extent in private matches - eg strip off armour for more speed
    -sunken or slowly sinking vessels present more of a navigational hazard to ships/subs
    -more variety in sinking - eg. magazine detonation = ship blown in half
    -subtitles/translation for ingame japanese voice in MP (so you know when a ship is taking on water etc)
    -bridge/cockpit/conn view for ships, planes and subs, respectively
    -some sort of manual aiming markings in the periscope/binocular view to help accurately aim torpedoes relative to distance and target speed or even a meter to tell you what level of zoom you are at

midway is a brilliant game, and in my opinion, doesn't need any major improvement - therefore, i'm sure the sequel will be amazing if it follows the same lines (especially from what i have seen in the E3 trailer)

Originally Posted by BenTheImpaler
    many of my ideas have probably already been mention, but what the hey..

-map editor for custom/skirmish mode? eg placing an island or ship
    I'd settle for being able to choose and place ships, but a full map editor would be nice.
    -I-400 Sen-Toku class submarines (japanese giant 'carrier' sub - carried 4 recon/light bomber aircraft)
    The I400 class sub has been confirmed for BSP.
    -weather conditions - such as storms, which affect stability (moreso for small ships) when firing
    Different weather and night conditions have been requested by many.
    -more DLC
    Eidos apparently intends to provide far more post-launch support for BSP than they did for BSM.
    -subs able to change pitch similar to the aircraft system
    Sounds good, and it would help with negotiating the new seabed.
    -ability to customise ships to some extent in private matches - eg strip off armour for more speed
    Don't see the point of this, anyway what determines a ships speed is its hull shape and power, weight has little to do with it.
    -sunken or slowly sinking vessels present more of a navigational hazard to ships/subs
    Already suggested, but its a good idea.
    -more variety in sinking - eg. magazine detonation = ship blown in half
    Ships will be able to break in half, suffer catastrophic magazine explosions that rip the ship apart, and have chunks shot out of them, as seen in screenshots and the trailer.
    -subtitles/translation for ingame japanese voice in MP (so you know when a ship is taking on water etc)
    I'm fairly sure this is an option in BSM anyway.
    -bridge/cockpit/conn view for ships, planes and subs, respectively
    The cockpit view is confirmed, but the others are unlikely.
    -some sort of manual aiming markings in the periscope/binocular view to help accurately aim torpedoes relative to distance and target speed or even a meter to tell you what level of zoom you are at
    With the speed at which ships can alter course and speed, you need to be really close to get a hit anyway.

split screen multiplayer (2 players on same console)
    16 players at once (8v8)
    map editor and lotsa maps
    ability to place ships in certain general areas on some maps before match, not all
    ship editor (sort of like the original crimson skies where you have to balance weight, armor, guns, speed, etc.)
    night maps
    storms
    random critical hits that could change course of a battle
    multiplayer scenarios in which you can pick a certain amount of ships based on a rating system of their respective values, sort of like total war series

DONT want ranking system (not that I'm bad...)
    very happy they already have different game types and AI skirmish.

all this is probably redundant and too late but that's just what I want off the top of my head. maybe include some of it in downloadable content.

Ship create a class, like tnix said, this would be uberspectacular. I doubt it will be in the game but it sure would be cool. As for a ranking sytem, you could earn ship build points every time you rank up.

HOW one ranks up is the problem. There's already been huge discussion about that, and none of us can seem to get a method that prevents farming.

Originally Posted by *~CNR4806~*
    how about the biggest maps have 20 players, however you can change this number down (just like in midway) so that less people control the same amount of ships. ??

random critical hits that could change course of a battle

i think i would want the option to turn this off, unless you have to aim for the crit and its not COMPLETELY random...

HOW one ranks up is the problem. There's already been huge discussion about that, and none of us can seem to get a method that prevents farming.
    The way I would go is to copy either Rainbow 6 Vegas or Call of Duty 4. In these games, the players on the winning team earn a large amount of XP, while the players on the losing team earn a smaller amount of XP. This way everyone has a vested interest in finishing the match, so you wouldn't get people dropping out. There can be modifiers to the amount of XP earned, such as the top scoring player earning 1.5x XP and a small multiplyer for all players based on match lengh, along with a small number of XP for kills. But the main XP points come from winning or losing the match, so two players who wanted to rank up fast would be better off teaming up and honestly winning matches, rather than trading wins. To avoid the host kicking all opposing players so that they can get an easier win against the AI, no XP is awarded to the host if half or more of the enemy team was kicked.

Under no circumstances should this be a trueskill based ranking system, these lead to lots of boosting with seperate acounts, dropping out of matches, gerneral cheating and bad feeling.

Originally Posted by David603
    To avoid the host kicking all opposing players so that they can get an easier win against the AI, no XP is awarded to the host if half or more of the enemy team was kicked.

Under no circumstances should this be a trueskill based ranking system, these lead to lots of boosting with seperate acounts, dropping out of matches, gerneral cheating and bad feeling.
    You know, this used to happen occasionally on the 360 during the first year or so of the game's release. Reading your quote made me realize I haven't seen it in a while and I still play often. Probably because I don't play in as many random rooms anymore.

I'm afraid what we want is a douche bag proof system and that's just not possible. There will always be people who are immature, poorly skilled, and who just rent/borrow/pirate the game to have some fun (and don't have time to get good) who decide to team kill or screw up everyone else's game.

I would still prefer some sort of indictator of a player's experience (beyond achievement points on the 360 - most are single player related and you have to go into a couple of menus to see them) that is next to their name in the lobby. That way fair minded players could balance the teams accordingly.

Right now, you can go into a room and not realize that the opposing team are all vets and your team has 2 or 3 noobs until the game starts. That causes people to quit games too.

MAJOR REQUEST: Please please put an indicator showing who has a headset active on the 360 version.

Just a tiny little icon like a speaker symbol or headset symbol next to the person's name in the lobby.

Right now, time is wasted asking people in the lobby "Joe Doofuss, you got a headset?" A simple icon would remedy this.

Quite a few of us don't want to play with somebody who can't communicate.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    My request is a detailed server control. Flying plain in cockpit view only (off/on), ping limits, damage percentage, reserved playing slots, etc.

Originally Posted by LORD BLACKFIRE
    You know, this used to happen occasionally on the 360 during the first year or so of the game's release. Reading your quote made me realize I haven't seen it in a while and I still play often. Probably because I don't play in as many random rooms anymore.

I'm afraid what we want is a douche bag proof system and that's just not possible. There will always be people who are immature, poorly skilled, and who just rent/borrow/pirate the game to have some fun (and don't have time to get good) who decide to team kill or screw up everyone else's game.

I would still prefer some sort of indictator of a player's experience (beyond achievement points on the 360 - most are single player related and you have to go into a couple of menus to see them) that is next to their name in the lobby. That way fair minded players could balance the teams accordingly.

Right now, you can go into a room and not realize that the opposing team are all vets and your team has 2 or 3 noobs until the game starts. That causes people to quit games too.
    Well, the ranking system has been confirmed, so we should be able to pick out noobs now. Afraid that like you said, a douche bag proof system is impossible, but the least we can expect is a ranking system that doesn't reward cheaters/boosters/glitchers.

If anybody here has played BF Bad Company, a simple ranking system like that would be fine. Sure if someone really wanted to boost, they could, but that's their problem. If they want to cheat and get instant gratification, I don't care. However, that one little thought in the back of there head telling that they have no cujones will never shut up and the game won't seem as fun. And they will forever hold their manhoods cheap!

Page 63 of 76 First First ... 135359606162636465666773 ... Last