Thread: **new Maps Up**

**new Maps Up**

  1. #1

    **new Maps Up**

    Go Get Sum!! Stop ya whingin about em and go and buy em!! Cryin about the price has been soooo tedious to read thru, if ya dont want em .......move on.

  2. #2
    *marketplace**now!!**

  3. #3
    marketplace now!

  4. #4
    OK apart from the smart Ass condescending tone, people have a right to express opinions on the DL content trend, and spammmy triple post, i suppose edit is far too tedious for ya

    What/where is 'market place' a link maybe ?

    And mm buy something that every other game has as a free editor so can make your own for free, plus before they have released a very much needed patch.. now let me think...

    EDIT: Ah too add some information this is for XBOX only so maybe wrong forum alex, try the 360 forum. As this is a general forum for both pc and xbox users. At the least a little clarification an less attitude might help.

  5. #5
    Yawn.

  6. #6
    LOL, already yawning. Get used to it. If the opinions of those on this forum is any indication, you are one of the very few who we will be getting the DLC. So you may be getting very bored waiting for people to play against.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by ScottWAR
    LOL, already yawning. Get used to it. If the opinions of those on this forum is any indication, you are one of the very few who we will be getting the DLC. So you may be getting very bored waiting for people to play against.

    Hehe well put scott

  8. #8
    If you pay for this DLC you are a tool and you need a life. Stop spending momys money and realize you are being ripped off. get a job and find out what it is like to have bills. It is hard enough to set aside money to buy a game(NOT COMPLETE I MIGHT ADD) and then have to spend extra money to get the product they were originally selling. Flame away tools....
    I blame microsoft they opened pandoras box with this DLC idea and now we are made to suffer.


    BILL GATES= EVIL EMPEROR PALPATINE

  9. #9
    Blame EA. They started this pay for a patch crap. Another in the LONG list of reasons to hate that company.

  10. #10
    EA = Evil Alliance

    Wow pay for a patch, i havnt heard of that scam yet, what game did EA do that for (so i make sure i never buy)

    And good point there Airgaurd i was almost going to post something similar....

    an wow so there has been something worthwhile come out of this thread, EA bashing

    Pity the einstien who began the thread couldn't be bothered to state that it is for xbox only or post a link but his too busy yawning, multitasking would be such a chore

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,274
    Originally Posted by Dogmeatz
    EA = Evil Alliance

    Wow pay for a patch, i havnt heard of that scam yet, what game did EA do that for (so i make sure i never buy)

    And good point there Airgaurd i was almost going to post something similar....

    an wow so there has been something worthwhile come out of this thread, EA bashing

    Pity the einstien who began the thread couldn't be bothered to state that it is for xbox only or post a link but his too busy yawning, multitasking would be such a chore
    I think EA sold a code to unlock content already on the disc.
    They said they had more content for the game and it came out at 192kb.
    Not sure which game though.
    Btw i've still not bought dlc, no really!
    No need to act so supprised you all knew i wouldn't!

  12. #12
    EA didnt really charge for a "patch" according to the new, improved definition of the word. However, before BF2, "patches" routinely added maps and vehicles without charging. BF1942 had a couple of "patches" that added maps, weapons, and vehicles that were free of charge.

    However, EA changed all this with BF 2. Deciding that loyalty to the customer, and giving back to the community that made them a success was NOT as important as the premise, "why give away what we can charge for" EA started making "patches" far less often, leaving many bugs unfixed, while selling "booster packs" that added maps and vehicles. In one case a "booster pack" was already on the original disc, and EA just sold a code that unlocked it.

    Microsoft, being the loving caring company it is, recognized a new method of caring for its loyal customers and jumped in with both feet. DLC became the new standard in customer service.


    Whats really sad is that all the things the people who were agianst the notion of DLC said were going to happen, has been happening.

    - Companies are purposely cutting content out of finished games in order to sell that content as DLC. Basically making customers pay two and three times for one product.

    - Companies are purposely creating games to be as unmoddable as possible. Wouldnt want people creating and giving away for free what they can charge for.

    Sadly, EIDOS has done both with BS:M.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    25
    Originally Posted by airguard79
    If you pay for this DLC you are a tool and you need a life. Stop spending momys money and realize you are being ripped off. get a job and find out what it is like to have bills. It is hard enough to set aside money to buy a game(NOT COMPLETE I MIGHT ADD) and then have to spend extra money to get the product they were originally selling. Flame away tools....
    I blame microsoft they opened pandoras box with this DLC idea and now we are made to suffer.


    BILL GATES= EVIL EMPEROR PALPATINE


    well when and if the DLC ever comes out for PC i will get it, money isnt really a problem for me, i have plenty after i pay the bills.....

    but what surprises me is all the people that stick around this forum to continually bash the game, seems to me your trolling the forum looking for a reason to say something negative

    i agree the game came out incomplete and they are going to lose alot of fan base by charging for DLC and well just the whole way they went about it...but who is more of a tool, the guy that chooses to pay for the DLC, or the guy that posts all day on a forum for a game he obviously isnt happy with and could have easily moved on by now

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by XLR
    ..but who is more of a tool, the guy that chooses to pay for the DLC, or the guy that posts all day on a forum for a game he obviously isnt happy with and could have easily moved on by now

    .....the person who buys the DLC knowing he is getting ripped off. That person is why DLC even works to begin with. At least those who are not buying and are stating their reasons why have principles and the backbone to stand up for those principles.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    25
    Originally Posted by ScottWAR
    .....the person who buys the DLC knowing he is getting ripped off. That person is why DLC even works to begin with. At least those who are not buying and are stating their reasons why have principles and the backbone to stand up for those principles.

    i see your point, and kudos to those of you that are standing up for your principals, but its obviously not doing any good, but good for you guys...

    the DLC isnt going anywhere, as others have stated EA started a trend, and its not going to die with this game, so you can get upset and be mad about it, but the bottom line is its not going anywhere, in fact its going to be a part of more and more games.

    getting ripped off? well as stated before money isnt a problem for me, but am i dissapointed they didnt include this stuff in the game, hell yeah, im just as frustrated by this crap as everyone else, but i still like the game and i want to play with the new stuff, so im going to spend the $5.

    i played socom on the ps2 all the time, there lack of support got very frustrating to say the least, and the game quickly became unplayable, but do i spend my time trolling socom forums waiting for someone to say something about the game so i can jab them with a negative comment every chance i get? no, i prefer to spend my time in forums for games that i actually like and will continue to play.

  16. #16
    I just have one question: where is this available on PC?
    It was said that the DLC will be made available for PC too...
    First thing/evidence on something EIDOS was not honest about?
    Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    25
    Originally Posted by It3llig3nc3
    I just have one question: where is this available on PC?
    It was said that the DLC will be made available for PC too...
    First thing/evidence on something EIDOS was not honest about?
    i havent logged on in a day or 2, but i dont think it is available on PC, they havent given us a date yet, if they even will at all

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by XLR

    getting ripped off? well as stated before money isnt a problem for me, but am i dissapointed they didnt include this stuff in the game, hell yeah, im just as frustrated by this crap as everyone else, but i still like the game and i want to play with the new stuff, so im going to spend the $5.

    At least you are honest, and I respect that. You know its a rip off, but you would rather pay and get the content than go without it. At least you agree that it isnt right.

  19. #19
    Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,513
    duplicate thread. This is listed in teh 360 section since yesterday.

Similar Threads

  1. Is the zephonim taller than the turelim
    By PhilFourFingers in forum Nosgoth General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th Apr 2014, 23:45
  2. Glorious Blades
    By Grimoire in forum Other Game Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th Mar 2014, 00:51
  3. prophet speculation
    By faeral in forum Nosgoth General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 3rd Mar 2014, 21:34
  4. Problems Level Editor
    By The Godfather in forum Tomb Raider - Level Editor Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th Jan 2004, 19:57