Thread: Is This A Joke...

Is This A Joke...

Exclamation Is This A Joke...

Hello everyone, first post...

But I am definitely no noob to this game, you might have confronted me (1 vs 3, or 1 vs 4) on Operation MI. I have been playing from the demo time and got the game right when it was released.

I decided today to look for Battlestations: M. in the Gamespy list of games... IT'S NOT EVEN THERE??? So I went to scan for games and the only thing it can find is the demo which is not even present anymore on my PC. Furthermore, I went to look for it in the "regedit" and it does not show up, so it means there are no trace of it.

So if anyone goes on Battlestations: M. Gamespy's dedicated space for multiplay, please tell me what you got \Gamespy Arcade\Services\ folder where you will find two files names: full.CFG and detection.CFG . What I need is to know if you have something looking like this in the detection.CFG file :

[bsmidway]
    dmt=1170189876
    infourl=http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/midway/
    productid=11006
    group=Games
    findregkey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eidos\Battlestations Midway\ApplicationDir
    addtoregpath=\Battlestationsmidway.exe
    findexename=Battlestationsmidway.exe
    commonname=Battlestations Midway

If you do and it's exactly the same (which I doubt) just confirm this. If it's not, just copy and paste what you got there so that I can paste it in that file. For the full.CFG file, here is what is there for BS: M.:

[bsmidway]
    fpmt=1170189876
    fullname=Battlestations Midway
    genre=Action
    jointemplate=#EXEPATH#
    monotemplate=#EXEPATH#
    gametype=CommandLine
    chatchannel=#gsp!bsmidway
    handoff=sVfwLDtKUNILcc

Please confirm me the same thing for it, if it's alright or not.

Unless you got a better idea for me to join the BS: M. Gamespy's dedicated area, please just tell me. If not, I'll continue to use the game's slow and buggy interface.

Thanks for your help...

Jorund

gamespy has always been late updating their supported games list, way back with unreal2004 the same thing happened i had the game close to 6 months be 4 it was updated. Since then ive noticed this is the case with almost all gamespy supported games. The exception being games that make you install gamespy with the game, there supported right from install.

So basically maybe you should post this at the gayspy forums :P

Cool

Originally Posted by Remo
    gamespy has always been late updating their supported games list, way back with unreal2004 the same thing happened i had the game close to 6 months be 4 it was updated. Since then ive noticed this is the case with almost all gamespy supported games. The exception being games that make you install gamespy with the game, there supported right from install.

So basically maybe you should post this at the gayspy forums :P
    Thanks for the info. However, would you be so kind in giving me a hint of what you got in those 2 files... At least, only if you got Gamespy Arcade installed.

i just use the ingame browser, not arcade, dont forget the only games listed in the lobby are those recruiting players, not the servers that are in progress

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Remo
    i just use the ingame browser, not arcade, dont forget the only games listed in the lobby are those recruiting players, not the servers that are in progress
    Well, I knew about it from the in-game lobby. The only thing I wanted to know is about the GSARCADE whereas I have yet to find a lobby where it displays all the games (already in progress or not) for BS: M.

If only someone who knew how to get there would be so kind in giving me that information found in those 2 files...

I'll be waiting...

Jorund