Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Favorite Star Ocean game?

Favorite Star Ocean game?

The Last Hope is, by far, my favorite Star Ocean game.

SO2 is my fav. Being able to play the game from 2 perspectives was nice. Also, I had never played a game with a 255 lvl cap before that time. If there was one before then. I love lots of levels. There were over 1,000 different items. I really enjoyed the skill system. It has my favorite battle system of the series. I didn't like SO3's HP cost for some skills, and if your MP dropped to 0, the character became incapacitated. In SO4, I hated the tileboard(Only the tileboard. Not the rest.) mainly because I prefered the Stamina attribute from SO2. The higher the level, the more HP/MP you recover. There were plenty of items that bonused stamina as well. I thought SO4's battle system would've been fine without the tileboard. I bet the stamina attribute would've made it better.

Still gotta be the original title for me, that's a very special game. Shame it never got officially translated

My favorite would have to be the PS1 version of: Star Ocean: The Second Story. But I also REALLY liked the SO: 1st Departure, and 2nd Evolution on PSP. Till the End of Time is the last one I liked. The Last Hope lost my interest. The battle system lost its "feel." They changed it too much, not for the better in my opinion.

It's a tie for me, Till the End of Time was AWESOME (<3 Nel and Cliff), but the graphics for the Last Hope are utterly stunning!

Wont be able to choose til I beat The Last Hope! (Only just saving Sarah now, sooooo we'll see! ^_^)

My favorite SO is 2. That was my first star ocean and this game was a brilliant: a story, battle system , Private scene , music..

SO3 has the same beautiful story. It even seems that the Mass Effect series took it from here.

I want to play in SO4 , and want to see SO5

My farite one is SO3 too

The second one.

9. Originally Posted by dxgirly
    Even though a lot of people hate on it, The Last Hope was my favorite, 'kay? (Sorry, I had to. haha)
    Till the End of Time for now...but i'm finally getting around playing The Last hope and 10 hours in it's really growing on me and i'm really enjoying all the characters...and i have to say i love the faize and lymle relationship

Hoping the ending will have an original twist like End of Time.

Originally Posted by rinimt
    Sure, I'll get this section started. What is everyones favorite Star Ocean game in the series? Mine is The Last Hope, though Till the End of Time is close behind!
    the last hope was my favorite game

till the end of time and first departure and second evolution

Star Ocean: Til the end of Time. I love the battle system to much and story. The atheist story line was brilliant omg I'm tearing up just thinking about it. It was absolutely brilliant.

Star Ocean Till the End of Time, hands down. I have played this game over and over again, and I absolutely LOVE all the characters; the voice acting for this one wasn't too shabby either, unlike it's younger brother, Last Hope.

I know I already posted my favorite a while ago, but I just feel like posting it again. lol

"Star Ocean: The Second Story"

But, still... We need more friggin Star Ocean games. I know that Tri-Ace has split from SE. But, someone needs to make 'something' happen. They have 'infinite space' to work with. New planets after new planets. Heck, they don't even need to include 'Earth' if they feel the story around it is finished. They need to do something 'Epic' at this point, and promote the heck out of it.

I need to get into this series! Okay if I start with the PS3 release, or should I get a PS2 title first?

So4 loads of fun

Originally Posted by tiznip
    So4 loads of fun
    2 for sure. Because of this, I want the Blue Sphere.

My preference order is 2 > 3 > 1 > 4. I liked all, just putting in preference order.

In my humble opiniom Star Ocean Till End of Time is the best,
    next is Star Ocean Second Departure
    after it is Star Ocean First Departure
    Last position is Last Hope, the biggest disappointement ever. Story not logical sometimes simply stupid, characters with IQ on dog level, no alternatives in recruitement and no multi ending ( means, no reason to replay ) made this game pitiful in comparison to SO:TEoT where two recruitable character you pick from four possibilities ( Nel, Albel, Pepitta, Roger ) and main hero have different ending with person he like most ( or alone ) and story is really great ( if player read books in Airyglyph and Aquaria can find this whole war is not white and black as it seems for first glance ).

Well, it has been over 6 months since my last post in here....
    "Star Ocean: The Second Story"!!
    It's my fav.

One of the many things I love about that game is the fact that you don't have to permanently recruit anyone. I've finished the game with 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2 characters in my party. The replay value is incredible. Especially with all of those private actions in the towns. This freedom with the characters had declined in SO3 and SO4.

I liked SOTTEOT the most and I've played all of the other minus Blus Sphere. I managed to snag the Nel Zelphyr figure back in 2005 as well and she was hard to find. I hope S-E put SOTTEOT in an PS2 HD collection with maybe DQ8 and FF12. That'd be a great collection, plus they already have trophies ready to go for SO3 that should be an easy fix for the PS3's trophies.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time was the first Star Ocean game I played and my favorite one, though looking back I can see I was a great deal more tolerant the best part of a decade ago than I am now, that crafting system was intense, ain't nobody got time for that.

Originally Posted by Doom-Desire
    Star Ocean: Till the End of Time was the first Star Ocean game I played and my favorite one, though looking back I can see I was a great deal more tolerant the best part of a decade ago than I am now, that crafting system was intense, ain't nobody got time for that.

Yeah, nowadays.

The best rpgs I've played always required a lot of time in order to get the most out of them. The incredible amount of depth those games had is what separated them from the rest of the genres. I've always felt I was getting a lot for a little. A dozen for the price of 6.

Wink

My favorite Star Ocean is The Second Story/Second Evolution, I have these games.
    This is my collection:

Kind regards.
    signature image

Page 2 of 2 First First 12