Thread: The Third Vampiric Purge

The Third Vampiric Purge

The Third Vampiric Purge

I've been doing some speculating over the perceptive of the humans during the time that this new game would take place. I think some people are getting hung up on the idea that humans were treated like cattle in and before SR1. So, I'd like to throw something out there to discuss; wouldn't it be likely that Moebius is in this era and up to his old tricks?

Moebius leads the first purge in the uprising against the ancient vampires, nearly eradicating them.

Moebius leads the crusades against the new vampires created by Vorador after orchestrating the murder of William the Just at the hands of "the vampire assassin".

Knowing the potential strength of humans, and learning from his mistakes, Kain would decide to keep all humans in check while building his vampiric empire.

It's possible that while Kain is present there's not much that can be done to stop the vampires rule (as stated that only Raziel can kill him in Defiance). Once Kain leaves this time, Moebius steps in and the third vampiric purge begins. A purge that most likely ends when Raziel returns to kill his brothers.

If you resurrect the same character too many times it becomes hard to take seriously. Even if Moebius has technically not been brought back to life, it's the same sort of thing. His story arc has been extended too many times already.

How about focusing on a different character? Azimuth had a time streaming device didn't she? What if she decided to pay a visit to this era? "Hmm, that Turel looks useful. I'll have to keep an eye on him..."

It's also very unlikely Moebius is in this era, because he died 1500 years ago.

Thing is, there's not a real reason for him to get involved with this era. It's sort of past the point with which he's meddling. Why would he be interested in eradicating vampires in an already doomed world long after his death?

Moebius is the time streamer; in my opinion he could have been in this era, however brief, to start a war. On the orders of his master.

The Elder God has shown only one goal, other than devouring souls, the eradication of all vampires. It stands to reason that he would send Moebius to this era to start another vampiric purge. Raziel is destined to kill his brothers, but the rest of the clan members can be dwindled down in one final crusade. All according to the plans of the Hylden.

My speculating come from the fact that during the QA, it was stated that this game takes place in the second timeline of the LoK series. In a timeline where Kain dies to Raziel, the vampires in the future would still need to be eradicated for Moebius's dutiful work to be finished; along with the Hylden's revenge to be complete.

@Tendril

The problem here, is that you are putting the Hylden's goals alongside the Elder God's goals. They are not working together, not even a little. Yea, they both want to kill the last of the vampires, but for different reasons. The Elder God wants to kill them because he's a fickle squid, and they were cursed to live forever outside of the Wheel of fate. the Wheel being the EG's reason for existing. The hylden want to kill them so they can rip the veil between Nosgoth and the demonic realm they were banished to wide open, and re-enter the physical realm and take over or destroy it as they wish.

Yeah, Raziel's abilities allow him to feed vampire souls to the EG. These humans' kills, however successful would not. And as said Mobius is one angle that has been quite throroughly explored by now. The world of Nosgoth offers other characters too.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Vanyelxp5
    ...you are putting the Hylden's goals alongside the Elder God's goals.
    Sorry if that's what it sounded like I was implying that. I was under the assumption that everyone arrived at the same conclusions as me. It's strongly stated in SR2 that everything is being controlled from behind the scenes. The Elder God seems the obvious choice, but it's not until the end of the game that we are told of the Hylden. The Elder God isn't allied to the Hylden or even being directly manipulate, but indirectly by the blood curse.

The blood curse was carefully design to make the Elder God despise the very existence of the vampires. By creating the demonic predators they fear, humans are also indirectly manipulated by the blood curse.

The only time in the game when we travel to the far future, after Raziel has devoured his brothers, Nosgoth is in ruins. Yet it isn't abandoned, the Hylden are back, or at least their demon underlings. It's admittedly vague. So, In my opinion it's possible that this was the ends to which the Hylden were planning all along; the eradication of the vampire race, the destruction of the pillars and ultimately the corruption of Nosgoth.

EDIT: Ignore the greyed out text, got that part wrong.
    Last edited by TendrilSavant; 20th Oct 2013 at 19:40.

Originally Posted by TendrilSavant
    The only time in the game when we travel to the far future, after Raziel has devoured his brothers, Nosgoth is in ruins.
    Huh? Misunderstanding ahoy, it seems.

The future sequence in SR2 isn't set after SR1, it's set a century after the end of BO1.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

The only time in the game when we travel to the far future, after Raziel has devoured his brothers, Nosgoth is in ruins. Yet it isn't abandoned, the Hylden are back, or at least their demon underlings.
    Are you referring to the second section of SR2? The part where it's night and raining with all the demon hunters? Because that isn't in the far future, that's about a century after the pillars' collapse. The game is pretty specific about that.

Yeah Ok, I got that part wrong... haven't played SR2 in awhile, going off of memory. Admittedly I wasn't too sure about that statement but was too lazy to look up the videos. The rest of the statement is unaffected by that though.

Which brings me to another point I would like to mention. If the vampires have enslaved all or most of humanity during Kain's rule, wouldn't this slow down the Elder God's wheel of fate? Wouldn't that be enough for him to start a new purge as soon as Kain is out of the picture?

Nothing says the Elder God lacks agents in the world in this period. In a comic set just before Raziel is cast in the Lake of the Dead, a golem of some sort that looks like a human identifies itself as one of its servants.

So: Elder God agents influencing stuff? Sure.

Moebius? No, leave corrupted pillar guardians faffing about out of it.

Fair enough, TheIrtar. I had no idea people were so opposed to Moebius's having any influence in this time until I started this thread. Personally, I'd like to see influence of the Elder God in this time; maybe in the form of a zealous priest class later on the line.

Moebius even in this game? No please, i had enough of him, keep him away from me please!! xD xD

How about focusing on a different character? Azimuth had a time streaming device didn't she? What if she decided to pay a visit to this era? "Hmm, that Turel looks useful. I'll have to keep an eye on him..."
    This could be a great idea, this could explain the summoner of Turel during the Blood Omen era *-*

I think that the Elder God is pretty weak during this era, few souls for his Wheel. (well, he will happy about this war xD )

Originally Posted by RemovedQuasar
    Moebius even in this game? No please, i had enough of him, keep him away from me please!! xD xD

This could be a great idea, this could explain the summoner of Turel during the Blood Omen era *-*

I think that the Elder God is pretty weak during this era, few souls for his Wheel. (well, he will happy about this war xD )
    Actually it appears he thrives in these times. It's in the past that Raziel notes that the Elder God's hold on him is tenous. When Raziel travels to a century after the collapse of the Pillars he goes "Why is that when all of Nosgoth descends into madness do you appear to thrive?"

Only the human causalties will feed the Elder God anyway.
    signature image

I have a question about the pillars, that is somewhat related to this topic.

While in Blood Omen, they required you to return objects to the pillars to restore them, this was primarily a game mechanic used to drag you back to consult with Ariel after each game segment. So, the question is.. In reality, what would be the catalyst that restores the pillars? The death of the guardian?

If that is the case, then Kain has already died. So his pillar should be restored.

If the fact that he was revived them re-corrupted his pillar, then wouldn't the Elder God reviving Moebius then re-corrupt the time pillar?

Based on that... Technically, Kain is not the only one responsible for the pillar's collapse.

Actually, that was not just an ingame mechanic, but an actual piece of the lore. They all did have tokens that needed to be returned to the individual Pillar to restore it. A Guardian's death would not be enough. This is why Ariel is drawn back to the Pillars, for the item that needs to be returned to restore the Balance Pillar is the very soul of the Balance Guardian. Unlike the others, who have physical items, their soul is their token. This is also why Kain's death as a human did not restore his Pillar. His soul was kept interned within his body (or at least prevented from venturing far from it) by Mortanius so he could resurrect him.

Since Moebius' hourglass was returned, he should no longer be Time Guardian when he's resurrected by the EG. Not to mention, the Pillars are all destroyed at this point anyway.

Fair enough, TheIrtar. I had no idea people were so opposed to Moebius's having any influence in this time until I started this thread. Personally, I'd like to see influence of the Elder God in this time; maybe in the form of a zealous priest class later on the line.
    Moebius has been pretty pervasive, so I can see why people are against it. Regardless, it sucks to have people unanimously shoot down your ideas. Still you have a great point about the Elder God & the Hylden having a major influence, well motivation to have major influence, on this time period.

A class like "The Eyes of the Oracle" or the like could be cool. I don't know if they would know the name Moebius, as the Oracle was a guise.

This could pave the way for deeper story. Perhaps the Hylden & Elder God individually manipulated events to help get the humans to rally to war? Separate factions of humans could lurk under the surface of their united front.

I imagine Demons & Hylden would be difficult to add in later...

What if a new cult to the Elder God came about? The Wheel of Fate could reflect his influence as another human class.

sweet!

I've been doing some speculating over the perceptive of the humans during the time that this new game would take place. I think some people are getting hung up on the idea that humans were treated like cattle in and before SR1. So, I'd like to throw something out there to discuss; wouldn't it be likely that Moebius is in this era and up to his old tricks?

Moebius leads the first purge in the uprising against the ancient vampires, nearly eradicating them.

Moebius leads the crusades against the new vampires created by Vorador after orchestrating the murder of William the Just at the hands of "the vampire assassin".

Knowing the potential strength of humans, and learning from his mistakes, Kain would decide to keep all humans in check while building his vampiric empire.

It's possible that while Kain is present there's not much that can be done to stop the vampires rule (as stated that only Raziel can kill him in Defiance). Once Kain leaves this time, Moebius steps in and the third vampiric purge begins. A purge that most likely ends when Raziel returns to kill his brothers.

See here is the thing. "perceptive of the humans" during this time line humans where used as slaves cattle ect.. But the stories of the Sarafan & other vampire hunters would of lived on in stories pasted on from elder to child from father to son ect. While the vampire clans are in fighting within there own race and a lot weaker since Kain is no longer around it wouldn't shock me to have the humans of Nosgoth to rise up and fight again on a bigger scale without outside interference like the Elder God or Moebius . Even when Kain was around there was still vampire hunters in Nosgoth (EG) the Zephon fight in SR1. But we will have to see what happens

I do love Moebs and Richard Doyle, but he cannot come back again with his evil Victor Meldrew with a bad-boy staff routine again. However...

The thing is little drops in LofK become rivers later on in the time stream so I don't see why he couldn't sow something. The problem is he hasn't always anticipated what's happened despite his soothsaying and prophesy. He was kind of like a smart alec outsmarted at the end of Defiance so any appearance by him is gonna seem a bit tame now. If you were gonna bring back any characters from the past...the only one who might have some kind of relevance is the EG. He loves a good fight (for the soul buffet he gets after) so creating divisions amongst the humans would surely be a modus operandi.

The ongoing vampire purges force Vorador into hiding. He becomes lost to Nosgoth, ensconsing himself in his mansion in the Termogent Forest