Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Cheaters and Trainers

Cheaters and Trainers

I really appreciate what tyler811 and cowboy1 does here.
    It is helpful to raise awareness about the situation.
    I'm sure normal people won't try the cheat just because it is available - they don't do as it's a moral and ethical thing.

It is an unfortunate "side effect" of the cheating that if one very skillful ("pro") player comes on board playing with average people it is believed that he(she?) is cheating. My sense is that MixedupJim is coming from this angle. However there are situations where the cheats are obvious and we should not be afraid of calling it out. There will always be a "gray line" - situations can not be judged with 100% certainty - it is the server admin in this case who has to be wise in making the call...

All in all we can conclude that there is a working cheat for this title and we all hope EIDOS will take care of blocking it when the patch gets released - or some alternative way.
    Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

yes thanks to the boys for bringing it up and testing. I must say if their is one fun thing about the trainer its RAMMING SPEED!!!! I used it last night in the quickmissions on the second sub challenge, so I surfaced my sub like Captain Nemo in the nautilus and went into RAMMING SPEED!!!! I smacked the New York full broadside and KNOCKED IT HUNDREDS OF FEET SPINNING INTO THE AIR!! doh, depending on what angle I knocked into crusiers and such I was able to get Tony-Hawk esque hang-time. lol.

Well, this sucks. I basically stopped playing Novalogics Joint Operations due to all the trainers, cheats, ect.

Novalogic started using punkbuster to deal with cheaters. However, it's only effective when it's steaming and updating. It was always funny to watch those #1 bragging players get busted. Of course, the support for it didn't last long, except those who did the work on their own servers. It totally ruins the game.

There is simply not much anybody can do to stop these hack makers, except stay away from them and play with people you know and trust. Cheating is probably the #1 problem with online gaming. It will take laws to really change it and punish those that do it...and that ain't happening anytime soon.

I'd say about 75 % of why i went to console from PC was to get away from cheating. It DOES happen on consoles still but to a much lesser extent and it usually sticks out like a sore thumb, whereas on PC it seems much more subtle and there is always an element of doubt. Unfortunately the element of doubt then extends to genuinely good players who play by the rules, shame that.

I think given the open architecture of Pc's hardware (and often software) that cheating will always exist on PC.

The dumb thing is, i saw some screenshots of counter-strike cheats in action, and they were playing with all wall/floor textures off, layers visible thru walls, it looked like a game that wouldn't have passed muster on a spectrum!

Incredible what some people will do to 'win'.

Originally Posted by tyler811
    These videos might take a moment to load depending on website traffic
    Your best bet is to right click and save to your pc.

This video is when the host server enabled a cheat. We all suffered high latency for a few seconds.

http://www.aaajim.com/glen.wmv

This is the host server with the fast reload enable

http://www.aaajim.com/jonhostcheat.wmv

This me using the cheat fast reload with Jon hosting. It took three different tries to get it to work but it does.

http://www.aaajim.com/withcheat.wmv

This is the loading with out the cheat. Look how slow it loads.

http://www.aaajim.com/nocheat1.wmv
    That "can't fire, yet I have green lights" thing happends to me all the time. I don't know if anybody is cheating and it is just (like you said) lag. I don't know why people cheat...it can't be to win. Who is that interested in winning?!?...especially using cheats, which takes all the self esteem out of it. They probably just cheat to be a pain in the . I have to say that out of all the jerks that can be out there, finding those nice players is all worth it. Thank you guys for testing this and I do hope they release a patch to fix this cheating problem.

Originally Posted by ScottWAR
    One of the last game I played, about 2 weeks ago, I and a teamate had fully healthy battleships (Reknowns). WE both attacked one Kongo Battleship. Somehow that one battleship was able to sink both of us and still have over half his life left. It was obvious then that cheats were showing up.
    I've done that before (as kongo), but the ppl I faces seemed to be complete noobs. PS I am playing on 360.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." ---Robert Frost.
    -=)CSF(=-XGamerms999
    http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/...ilies/Thud.gif

Originally Posted by xgamerms999
    I've done that before (as kongo), but the ppl I faces seemed to be complete noobs. PS I am playing on 360.
    Who hasn't? Too bad you only have 360 version and I have PC...there are a limited amount of servers here on the PC

Update Please

Keir, Chip,

Any update from the DEVELOPERS about the cheat?
    What do they say about it?
    Is it going to get fixed?
    Have they been able to reproduce what we have experienced?

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    I have not heard anything but when we do we will post a little something on it.

Well, the quick appearance of the trainers gives me some hope. This shows it won't be too hard for the good guys to start building some useful mods and content.
    This wouldn't be the first case of the community making a game work after the publisher bailed.

Originally Posted by cowboy1
    The trainer does work we have tried it in a closed group. So we can identify it when it comes into our server.
    Take for example i hit a bb with 37 torpedos and it was still at half damage.
    This dude hit our ships with 4 torpedos and killed the bb on our side.
    The massive damage also works. The instant reload didnt always work.
    I guess the bottom line is if it quacks like a duck it is a duck.
    Something else we noticed when the activation buttons were hit for the trainer ships would at times start sliding all over the water and you get a latency warning. This same thing happens sometimes when the windows button is accidently hit during game play.
    (AAAJIM)Cowboy
    You are definitely right

Originally Posted by trongey
    Well, the quick appearance of the trainers gives me some hope. This shows it won't be too hard for the good guys to start building some useful mods and content.
    This wouldn't be the first case of the community making a game work after the publisher bailed.
    Not true.. This game is for the most part not moddable. Unless they release mod tools you not see and user mad maps or mods for this game. Shame is most publishers dont wants games to be moddable anymore so they cash in on the new fad of MICRO transactions. IN other words why let people make there own maps when they can release 2 maps for 3 bucks at a time. Think about it if 10000 people buy the maps at 3 bucks they just made a quick 30000 profit. Buisness first consumer second....

Indeed cheats are out. Often it's the cheaters saying no cheats exist, but they do. Host just need to punt...unless it's the host cheating, then leave.

I saw it for sure last night, a guy was shooting 3 salvos to my one. Anytime
    I hit, no damage and he took me out fast.

I have just played with AAAJMCowboy last night and he made apparent that the cheats could be used in multiplayer when the host doesnt have them. That definatly makes me angry considering the fact that that type of lag has been happening to me most of my games .

Thanks for the additional evidence.
    It is quite clear that the cheat is out here.
    I wonder why EIDOS has nothing to say about helping us out here.
    KEIR, CHIP?

Well, an interesting and a sad read. It's too bad this stuff exists. The reason I am here reading this now is because I was accused of using this "trainer" by a jon1776 and I had no clue what he was talking about. Is it possible to have this on accidently? In the thread, there was something about a message. I have no desire to use this, but if it is as simple as hitting an F key, how do I know if it is accidently on? Before the game started he told me to turn off my trainer. I asked what he was talking about and he said hit F1. I did (I got no message), but after the game he accused me of using it, when he was the one who told me to hit the F1. So, I just want to know how to be sure I am NOT using it accidently. Thanks.

Further research

I researched this a bit further and found that you have to actually download a file in order to use this "trainer", which I have not done. This means that I did not have it on accidently. In addition to game play imbalance, this trainer is also causing players to be falsely accused, kicked and banned by host who arrogantly assume cheating when they don't like a battle outcome. So, it is a two edged sword indeed.

Originally Posted by Kai Robin
    yes thanks to the boys for bringing it up and testing. I must say if their is one fun thing about the trainer its RAMMING SPEED!!!! I used it last night in the quickmissions on the second sub challenge, so I surfaced my sub like Captain Nemo in the nautilus and went into RAMMING SPEED!!!! I smacked the New York full broadside and KNOCKED IT HUNDREDS OF FEET SPINNING INTO THE AIR!! doh, depending on what angle I knocked into crusiers and such I was able to get Tony-Hawk esque hang-time. lol.
    Firstly all i have to say about cheaters is GO KILL YOURSELF you suck and I hope your motherboard and graphics card dies everytime you cheat.

Just getting off topic.....Kai I was playing with some mates online WITH NO CHEATS and I tried ramming the usa carrier with a kongo......both of us had full health......the kongo lost....and actually sunk......lol!!!!

PS> I think i will be resigning myself to singleplayer now.....too many issues with the online game.....and CHEATS totally F@#K IT.

Its a shame because I really love this game.....I really really hope something is done to fix ALL the problems soon.

Originally Posted by ScottWAR
    One of the last game I played, about 2 weeks ago, I and a teamate had fully healthy battleships (Reknowns). WE both attacked one Kongo Battleship. Somehow that one battleship was able to sink both of us and still have over half his life left. It was obvious then that cheats were showing up.
    Dunno, I sank 2 Kongos with Renown on an MP server, and had nary a scratch. I chalk it up to my "knows how to aim the main guns" hack.
    "The British Army is a projectile to be fired by the Navy."-- Admiral Sir Jacky Fisher

this has been discussed in the pc section, it only works for the host, so if this happens remember the host he's the cheater, and avoid him.

I must have been lucky so far, as I have come across any rampant cheating....

The fact that trainers seem to cause lag, and i host from australia probaly means any cheater playing my servers die a laggy death And since there a pretty small community of BS:M pple in Aus we kinda know each other well enuf to suss out any nancy cheaters.

The Green Icon and cant fire guns i have a bit when joining servas over 200 ping but I just put that down to lag delay.

Occasionally ive dealt alot of damage and see very little recieved, like 6 divebombers hitting (i watched) a DD and only taking off 25% health, or head on plane fights that the opponent seems bullet proof. Maybe lag, luck damage control or maybe sumthin suss, But if it was a trainer it aint foolproof cause they still died in the end muhahahaha

Originally Posted by Remo
    this has been discussed in the pc section, it only works for the host, so if this happens remember the host he's the cheater, and avoid him.

The host wasn't cheating today, it was a teammate and the host was on the other team. he sank both my BB's with a few torps. I watched him, then sank our two carriers..I FF back on him and he took no damage.. I did a post on this,,,so leave it at that.

The best answer is for Eidos to get involved with Punkbuster, right now it's the best anti-cheat program available.

well ive tested it and even invited those who claim it works to join my server and use the hacks on me, they never responded, and with the testing ive done i know what this trainer can and cant do.

people who claim the hack is working for anyone is either just trying to get attention by trying scare the community or just misunderstands what they think is going on.

Anyways anyone who disagree's pm me, you can join my server, and try your best to sink me with the trainer , i'll fraps it and ill post it if they work, but that aint gonna happen..... it only works for the host, prove me wrong..... dont post an opinion prove it.... im tired of reading posts that claim they work, all the while none of these people who claim it works accepted my challenge, that tells me theyre full of it......

Going into multiplayer with cheats is something I find very sick and dishonest - morally and ethically. It is only for the weak personalities who can not face their weaknesses and lack of skills.
    I agree, but cheaters are a fact of life in the multiplayer world and any game Devs has the responsibility of providing a product and followup support that will allow players to enjoy the multiplayer aspects of the game...after all that is a big reason we pay the $$$ is to enjoy the head-to-head battles with real people.

When I saw how short the single-player campaign was, I figured the multiplayer would be really kick-ass ....

I just got the game a week ago and was wondering why there were so few servers showing ( 2-4) one night there were none...Now I know why...nothing quicker will destroy a game in multiplayer that easy cheats.... Other games stop this, so why is there a problem?

Originally Posted by Utah
    I agree, but cheaters are a fact of life in the multiplayer world and any game Devs has the responsibility of providing a product and followup support that will allow players to enjoy the multiplayer aspects of the game...after all that is a big reason we pay the $$$ is to enjoy the head-to-head battles with real people.

When I saw how short the single-player campaign was, I figured the multiplayer would be really kick-ass ....

I just got the game a week ago and was wondering why there were so few servers showing ( 2-4) one night there were none...Now I know why...nothing quicker will destroy a game in multiplayer that easy cheats.... Other games stop this, so why is there a problem?

first welcome to BS:M, it is alot of fun to play online, i try to play everynight, it turns out to be every other night, but i have yet to run into a cheater, not to say there isnt any, but i have yet to have a run in with one.

and yes it does look like there isnt any servers up sometimes, but there really is alot of games going on, but the only games that will show up are the games currently recruiting players, and if a game is currently in progress it will not show up

i think alot of online players have jumped ship waiting for the upcoming patch/DLC(pc) as the game is fun for awhile but gets old without any kind of option to change the map layout or unit placement...so hopefully the multiplayer will see a rise in players again after the patch....hopefully anyway

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last