Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Idea - Simon T. (Kain) to announce a line for players who are doing exceptional

Idea - Simon T. (Kain) to announce a line for players who are doing exceptional

Idea - Simon T. (Kain) to announce a line for players who are doing exceptional

EDIT New Idea in Quote

Originally Posted by Alaethyr
    You all make good points
    So here is my new idea on it;
    how about we get an awesome quote/line/sentence from Kain, when a certain player is doing exceptionally well (getting objectives, or lots of kills and low deaths etc)

What do you guys think? I think it adds a bit of flavour to the game, helps players feel proud and stand out for doing well (which we all know is a big factor in pvp games)
    After some discussion, I changed the idea of the post to that of the quote above, rather than make a new thread.

Cheers.
    Last edited by The_Hylden; 5th Oct 2013 at 15:51.

Although other games have done it, I don't think an announcer would fit with the mood of game.
    I do think an introduction cutscene (like the one in SR1), voiced by him would be awesome.

I agree at least it would be awesome to have him narrate the game intro!
    It would be really mind blowing to have him in this after all these years, and I guess he would really appreciate it (or at least feel moved?) that the fans still love and adore him and want him to have a part in this new generation game. I think it would be rather rude if we didn't even try to ask him :/

In the case of announcer my vote is no. That would be a really cheap way of using the most important character in the series.
    Apparently there won't be much story to tell (which is probably a good thing), but if there is some story narration then Simon would a be a perfect candidate for the role of narrator.
    As mentioned before - at least narrating the intro sequence would be great. Imagine Kain giving some detailed thoughts about his "corrupt and failing empire".

I have a better idea. Tony Jay, the voice of the Elder God.

I mean let's be honest. LoK fans are used to him as an overhead voice. It only makes sense.

Although I would be just as pleased with Kain's voice.

Originally Posted by Hyrosauce
    I mean let's be honest. LoK fans are used to him as an overhead voice. It only makes sense.
    Tony Jay is dead.

I have a better idea. Tony Jay, the voice of the Elder God.

Although I would be just as pleased with Kain's voice.
    This I think the elder god would be better after all he did teach me the basics of soul reaving x.x

But like the post above me said he is no longer in the material realm =[

Yeah no. I definitely want him to narrate an intro to the game.

Would be awesome if Simon Templeman would narate for the Vampires and that Richard Doyle ( Mobieus ) would narate for the humans.

Originally Posted by Paradoks_db
    Tony Jay is dead.
    I think I just shed a tear... :c

I think I just shed a tear... :c
    It wasn't really reported outside of LoK sites. Tony Jay was a brilliant actor but he was primarily a voice actor. As a result, his name wasn't really widely recognisable.

You can see one the original reports here.

I think if they have any lore in game then I'd like to have Simon (as Kain) narrate it. Announcer is fine, but personally it doesn't get me excited.
    signature image

I would think if you're going to have him announce, it's as Kain doing monologues of his perspective from the future. "While I scanned the timestream for clues on cheating fate, the feudal war raged." etc. He could set up various important events which push the war finally forward (as the game continues on existing).

Originally Posted by Reidbynature
    I think if they have any lore in game then I'd like to have Simon (as Kain) narrate it. Announcer is fine, but personally it doesn't get me excited.
    My opinion verbatim.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Originally Posted by The_Hylden
    I would think if you're going to have him announce, it's as Kain doing monologues of his perspective from the future. "While I scanned the timestream for clues on cheating fate, the feudal war raged." etc. He could set up various important events which push the war finally forward (as the game continues on existing).
    That's a totally cool idea! I agree, Simon Templeman really is the voice of this series and should have some part in it. If only as like in an intro movie or something.

Originally Posted by The_Hylden

Interesting. You mean like how Max Payne and other characters comment before and after rounds in the Gang Wars online game mode in Max Payne 3?
    signature image

I agree having him say stuff like "FIGHT!", or "VICTORY" is lame, but having him narrate part of the lore ad a monologue would be the most epic thing someone could ever do to me. I'd twist in excitement and hear the lines again and again and again, to memorise them like I did with Soul Reaver 1 and 2's intros.

Hell, even having him tell me "Bad network connection, you have been disconnected, human". And I just thought about something cool, how about making "Vae Victus!" a vampire battle cry?

If they do add Kains voice to it all, i do hope that they make it feel like he is present at the scene. Like he is narrating and looking down on everyone. Just because he had dissapeared that does not make him absent to whats going on. I do believe that Kain might be watching from the shadows as a big battle rages between the 2 factions. I can imagine him talking about how the vampires are pushing the humans back or visa versa. Or how a certain faction is losing. Making smart remarks while doing so.

Can we have a poll for this?
    I know that it's rather obvious what the leading opinion is, but it still would be a welcome addition to the thread.

You know, I like the idea of Kain narating the game in the past tense. "The humans had won this battle but little did they know their fate." "My children performed to my expectations and pervaled"

I'm against Kain commenting any battles in-game at all. He has far more important things to do than watching meaningless battles. Ariel on the other hand must be quite bored at the Pillars (and she "remembers what others have forgotten").

I would love to have Simon doing some voicing in the game, but I don't think an announcer would fit him (nor the game, as the atmosphere is not appropriated for that...)
    Last edited by ZeroFernir; 3rd Oct 2013 at 01:52.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Paradoks_db
    I'm against Kain commenting any battles in-game at all. He has far more important things to do than watching meaningless battles. Ariel on the other hand must be quite bored at the Pillars (and she "remembers what others have forgotten").
    Originally Posted by ZeroFernir
    I would love to have Simon doing some voicing in the game, but I don't think an announcer would fit him (nor the game, as the atmosphere is not appropriated for that...
    I think putting whether or not its worth his time aside, it would make this game so epic.
    signature image

They said during the Q&A (which is now up) that they would only use Simon Templeman for a major role, not just for a 'gimmick'.

And since they also said Kain just jumped forward in time after executing Raziel, I wouldn't expect him to make an appearance.

Simon's voice WOULD be awesome, don't get me wrong... I am just saing that a anouncer for this kind of thing (killing spree, for an exemple) does not fit the game, because the atmosphere of the game is to be scary, or at least tense, and this things take out that atmosphere... this kind of announcement fits only some shooters with a more relaxed atmosphere.
    signature image

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last