Thread: Hope the MUSIC is similar to SR1

Hope the MUSIC is similar to SR1

Hope the MUSIC is similar to SR1

One of the things i really loved about the original Soul Reaver was the dark tone of the music. Some of the old songs would even fit with the PVP battle theme of the game. Like the Dumahim Theme . I really hope they get a good composer for the game (preferrably the same from SR1) . Just my thought. The game seems to have a lot of promise, as long as there is customizable stuff, different modes and bits of lore.

Kevin Riepl is the composer and he did for example music for Aliens: Colonial Marines.
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinriepl

I agree. All the LoK games have always had great BG music. Let us not forget the main Soul Reaver theme. 'Tis a classic. If the soundtracks in Nosgoth are as fitting as the old ones, it'll certainly help bring back some nostalgia to the game.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Kevin Riepl is the composer and he did for example music for Aliens: Colonial Marines.
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinriepl
    for real? i was wondering why i liked the crackdown 2 soundtrack so much... only good thing about that game rofl

Is anybody a fan of the Information Society album "Don't be Afraid?" Lots of the stuff came from there, although most specifically Ozar Midrashim. It's a great album in its own right. I liked the music in SR 1 but maybe it suited a more apocalyptic "end time" which SR1 was. The Blood Omen 1 music was ok - quite fun in a slightly cheesy, dark heroic fantasy way - lots of dramatic melodies and stuff. Having not played, it's hard to imagine for me how it would sound, but it's a shame if it's too bombastic and you can't effectively use sound in the playing environment to game-play advantage.

Originally Posted by GeorgeCST
    One of the things i really loved about the original Soul Reaver was the dark tone of the music. Some of the old songs would even fit with the PVP battle theme of the game. Like the Dumahim Theme . I really hope they get a good composer for the game (preferrably the same from SR1) . Just my thought. The game seems to have a lot of promise, as long as there is customizable stuff, different modes and bits of lore.
    ikr I loved the music for soul reaver kurt Harland was amazing now we have to deal with new music

Yes its like Top tracks from SR1: Da Rhythm, Blau-schwarze Liebe & more.