View Poll Results: What upsets you about the Content

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its priced to high in relation to whats being offered

5 11.36%
  • Playing with the same vehicles on each map is getting boring, 1 map doesn't add enough replay value

5 11.36%
  • It seems to have some content that was already made before the game shipped

3 6.82%
  • I'm ok with the content at the current price

5 11.36%
  • Option 1, 2, and 3 are all concerns of mine

26 59.09%

Thread: What exactly upsets you about the 360 Content Package?

What exactly upsets you about the 360 Content Package?

What exactly upsets you about the 360 Content Package?

I'd like to make this poll so we could sort of pin point what the exact problem is with this content so the developers can understand how we feel for future DC. Please be constructive and try to be helpful in this process.

Originally Posted by Shamrock
    I'd like to make this poll so we could sort of pin point what the exact problem is with this content so the developers can understand how we feel for future DC. Please be constructive and try to be helpful in this process.

I also would like to point out that there is no PC version of the DLC. I consider this quite unfair. If I would have known no DLC is released for PC version I would have bought the Xbox version. But now im just ** with the wrong version of the game.

this poll is too true.....Eidos is taking one of the potentially greatest games of all time and stomping it down the toilet with their foot. It CAN be fixed, but its still up in the air. The only reason I comment so much on this board is frustration that I really think this could've been one of the greatest games of all time. This could've been genre defining, the next "Homeworld" the next great leap in RTS, but instead of this board being filled with "OMG THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER," which I really, REALLY wish and think it could've been, its more like "WTF!?! Why did the game end already? Why Can't I play multi-player? Why can't I mod this? Where's skirmish mode? What happened to the scenario editor? No clan support? Why am I being charged 7.50 for part of the rest of the game I paid for? Why are the maps so limited? Why is Eidos sucking us for blood? Did the people pulling the strings for this game ever take a customer service class?"

Originally Posted by NFbabs
    I also would like to point out that there is no PC version of the DLC. I consider this quite unfair. If I would have known no DLC is released for PC version I would have bought the Xbox version. But now im just ** with the wrong version of the game.
    You forgot to say: "Babs out"

Also, I think the content is quite expensive, but that won't matter if it's good.

Good poll, I can't believe tho that Eidos read all the reviews that slammed the length of the game then charged for DLC, obviously Damage Limitation is a concept unkown to them, rather bizarre considering how many gamers think damage control is too effective in the game!

Personally am just following threads outta curiosity now, am definately trading it tomorrow on my day off.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    shame.
    Before you trade off why not atleast see what Keir can find out? Oh and who said there would be no PC content? That would be incorrect.

Originally Posted by chip5541
    shame.
    Before you trade off why not atleast see what Keir can find out? Oh and who said there would be no PC content? That would be incorrect.
    Chip, as much as we despise how Eidos is mauling the game, we still like you, and Keir! I commend thee for always havinga positive attitude.

Originally Posted by chip5541
    shame.
    I'll look up the reference thread for you but somewhere it was said that it is still not determined how the PC version gets the content.
    My (wild) guess is that unlike the XboX 360 platform there is no similar delivery mechanism for PC. I mean for XboX 360 buying it for "points" is a common practice.
    For PC if EIDOS wants to collect money it will be more complicated. You won't release a CD for this would you? Going through Direct2Drive or other channels makes it complicated as I would assume you need different versions for retail base version vs. downloaded...
    (e.g. other titles usually get little content updates through patches but it's never a chargeable item that way - best example is VALVE's steam platform and Counter Strike: Source - a lot of new maps and features has been added practically for free to the original "Base" release).
    Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

Those at eidos it would appear, lost sight of the true picture and thought of fleesing us for every last penny. This cannot be denied as they have already advertised the content and price.
    We will see if the peoples whishes will be listened to and they try some "damage limitation"
    Another piont, how many downloads will there be?, will they charge us for all? will the content be as small?
    As the game was in the shops for £40, what would the total cost be of the game and all the downloads?
    Must admit i'm begining to think i will trade my copy in unless somthing changes.
    As i have already pre-ordered my copy of graw2 think i might trade it in for command and conquer3 in march.
    (Which has a skirmish mode by the way)

Originally Posted by Kai Robin
    this poll is too true.....Eidos is taking one of the potentially greatest games of all time and stomping it down the toilet with their foot. It CAN be fixed, but its still up in the air. The only reason I comment so much on this board is frustration that I really think this could've been one of the greatest games of all time. This could've been genre defining, the next "Homeworld" the next great leap in RTS, but instead of this board being filled with "OMG THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER," which I really, REALLY wish and think it could've been, its more like "WTF!?! Why did the game end already? Why Can't I play multi-player? Why can't I mod this? Where's skirmish mode? What happened to the scenario editor? No clan support? Why am I being charged 7.50 for part of the rest of the game I paid for? Why are the maps so limited? Why is Eidos sucking us for blood? Did the people pulling the strings for this game ever take a customer service class?"
    best post ive read in a while- you hit the nail exactly on the head- this game could have been one of the best ever- personally i do like it a lot- but it simply lacks a lot of features that would have made it a killer app. the lack of developement time is certainly not an excuse- this game had more than enough time.

Star Trek Legecy had a skirmsih node and that game sucked

what bothers me are a few things.

1) the content seems very very pre planned. seems to be intentionaly left out.
    2) the MP maps are very very scripted in the sense that we have very little freedom in the things we choose to do. its always a cv vs cv battle... or bb/dd battle. never can you PRE-select your ships. choose what you want to do.

3) no sand box skrim mode in sp. kinda basic in rts. like in CoH, you can choose to build watever inf/tank you want. even if it means it sucks. but the option is there. to play with it. to look at it. and watch it die. would be nice to do that on this game.

4) KEIR i love you man. but your bosses suck arse. they never tell you any info. so what ever info youve managed to get out from the iron curtain is relatively boring and uninteresting. its not your fault dude. ur the best and keep it up. but the community is tired of... "ive told the devs" "the devs dunno yet" "they are working on it"

mhm...
    Fact is EIDOS does nut support the Community with ANY kind of Informations about Contents or something like that, dont speculate about anything, because... in time we will see

Exclamation

I'm gunna guess that most of us have high speed internet, and some form of online play, so why do we NEED a skirmish, it is much more fun to play with friends, and if they perfect that rather than put in a skirmish or anymore SP's, I'll be a happy man. Oh and don't forget to add CORSAIRS!!!!!!!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." ---Robert Frost.
    -=)CSF(=-XGamerms999
    http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/...ilies/Thud.gif

Skirmish will add unlimited life to the single player.
    And most people enjoy the single player just as much.
    The simple fact is there is about 6 hour of play on single player and there is no variation in the missions so once you have done them once you don't tend to play them again.
    Most people infact play more on single player.
    I personally play both and think this game shows promise with out really delivering. And the dlc does not give value for money.
    And some of the dlc was seen advertised as part of the game ages ago like p38 and there is a stong suspition it was intentionally removed to be sold at a later date.

Originally Posted by xgamerms999
    I'm gunna guess that most of us have high speed internet, and some form of online play, so why do we NEED a skirmish, it is much more fun to play with friends, and if they perfect that rather than put in a skirmish or anymore SP's, I'll be a happy man. Oh and don't forget to add CORSAIRS!!!!!!!
    To also follow up what u said in an earlier thread, i too have a 12 year old son and he loves this game. When we both like a game, I get him his own copy if the value is there, we both love co op mainly, my son in particular doesnt want to end up in compitition with me, but us be supportive of each other, something we both enjoy hugely. Now setting aside aside the fact that there is no co op, IF i bought my son a copy i and me DLC i would also have to pay twice for him to use the same DLC. If he wants to play on my copy (ie we dont get one each) I STILL have to pay TWICE if i want him to have the DLC too. I have a daughter to, should I also pay a third time for DLC if she wants to play? That wont be a worry tho, as you and your son will find out there is no 'free fly' option, which would be the only thing that interests her.

Personaly a skirmish mode wouldnt interest me, but it stands out a mile that for those who prefer single play to MP it would hugely add to the game. The fact that i dont want it personally doesnt stop me seeing the need for others, a quite selfish attitude frankly.

I imagine they will add a corsair at some point. Just dont expect it as a gift.

Chip, yes it is a shame, but the whole thing is a shame, BM shoulda been a work of art, a thing of beauty, and easilly had th epotential to be so, hell, look at my first posts to see how enthusiastic i was when the demo came out, i just never realised the demo to all intents and purpose WAS the game.

Originally Posted by Muddled Muppet
    To also follow up what u said in an earlier thread, i too have a 12 year old son and he loves this game. When we both like a game, I get him his own copy if the value is there, we both love co op mainly, my son in particular doesnt want to end up in compitition with me, but us be supportive of each other, something we both enjoy hugely. Now setting aside aside the fact that there is no co op, IF i bought my son a copy i and me DLC i would also have to pay twice for him to use the same DLC. If he wants to play on my copy (ie we dont get one each) I STILL have to pay TWICE if i want him to have the DLC too. I have a daughter to, should I also pay a third time for DLC if she wants to play? That wont be a worry tho, as you and your son will find out there is no 'free fly' option, which would be the only thing that interests her.

Personaly a skirmish mode wouldnt interest me, but it stands out a mile that for those who prefer single play to MP it would hugely add to the game. The fact that i dont want it personally doesnt stop me seeing the need for others, a quite selfish attitude frankly.

I imagine they will add a corsair at some point. Just dont expect it as a gift.

Chip, yes it is a shame, but the whole thing is a shame, BM shoulda been a work of art, a thing of beauty, and easilly had th epotential to be so, hell, look at my first posts to see how enthusiastic i was when the demo came out, i just never realised the demo to all intents and purpose WAS the game.
    I never said anything about Co OP, who doesn't like Co-Op, but skirmish mode isn't Co-op, it's you v bots.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." ---Robert Frost.
    -=)CSF(=-XGamerms999
    http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/...ilies/Thud.gif

yea. but having co-op is just as important.

at the VERY least, let the co-op be a mp/sp skrim ability agasint bots.
    the very very least.

i could care less about a campaign co-op as long as you can skrim agaisnt bots w/ ur buddy.

like in CoH. you can choose a map. fight easy/hard/super hard bots.

gives you the chance to try out some strats, try all of the ships, and just have fun.

Originally Posted by xgamerms999
    I never said anything about Co OP, who doesn't like Co-Op, but skirmish mode isn't Co-op, it's you v bots.
    And what is wrong with that?
    And why were not either or both included in the game?
    The game is for sale at £40 if they were to drip feed us dlc what would the final figure come to, If they start charging us for every map /unit.
    This is just not right and although i was loving this game i will not stand for it.

Originally Posted by Muddled Muppet
    To also follow up what u said in an earlier thread, i too have a 12 year old son and he loves this game. When we both like a game, I get him his own copy if the value is there, we both love co op mainly, my son in particular doesnt want to end up in compitition with me, but us be supportive of each other, something we both enjoy hugely.
    [...]
    I just want to make a note on this small fraction of detail that really touched me.
    For many reasons.
    1. Not having kids (yet) I really amazed by the idea of playing side by side with my son in a game like this - just to note. Not every title has the "capacity" to attract teens and relatively older adults. It's something EIDOS might want to recognize: a very wide user base on which they can build should they be open to satisfy the needs

2. It looks like that the people attending to this forum are NOT only a bunch of kids who just either whine or trash talk the game or compliment EIDOS but some decent adults with either some pro background (ADM who runs the advisory thread) or Muddled Muppet here. Maybe myself? (not sure )
    They want the best for the title and they push concerns and points that are not only their own but viewed as "greater good" out of which the entire community could benefit - including EIDOS itself as a more popular title means more sales ==> more $$$.

"Feeding" these kind of people with "stay cool", "we will see soon", "wait till something shapes up", "looking into it" and phrases like that is very very bad. Mostly because these people DO KNOW what it really means and how this thing works. No commitments ==> No results.

Think about it. Keir and Chip are in between two lines of fire - us here and the "bosses" who takes a back seat and never appear with their own faces and names. BUT they make the decisions.
    We need to help Keir and Chip with material they can take away almost "Cut and Paste" and put it into the bosses mouth so they understand and accept it.

PS:

I haven't realized that for XboX 360 the downloadable content goes by user account and not by hardware unit? How is this working ?
    Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

Originally Posted by It3llig3nc3
    I just want to make a note on this small fraction of detail that really touched me.
    For many reasons.
    1. Not having kids (yet) I really amazed by the idea of playing side by side with my son in a game like this - just to note. Not every title has the "capacity" to attract teens and relatively older adults. It's something EIDOS might want to recognize: a very wide user base on which they can build should they be open to satisfy the needs

2. It looks like that the people attending to this forum are NOT only a bunch of kids who just either whine or trash talk the game or compliment EIDOS but some decent adults with either some pro background (ADM who runs the advisory thread) or Muddled Muppet here. Maybe myself? (not sure )
    They want the best for the title and they push concerns and points that are not only their own but viewed as "greater good" out of which the entire community could benefit - including EIDOS itself as a more popular title means more sales ==> more $$$.

"Feeding" these kind of people with "stay cool", "we will see soon", "wait till something shapes up", "looking into it" and phrases like that is very very bad. Mostly because these people DO KNOW what it really means and how this thing works. No commitments ==> No results.

Think about it. Keir and Chip are in between two lines of fire - us here and the "bosses" who takes a back seat and never appear with their own faces and names. BUT they make the decisions.
    We need to help Keir and Chip with material they can take away almost "Cut and Paste" and put it into the bosses mouth so they understand and accept it.

PS:

I haven't realized that for XboX 360 the downloadable content goes by user account and not by hardware unit? How is this working ?

A good post indeed.
    You make a good piont about keir. He is always telling those at eidos what is happening on the forums. We are also being told that the dev team keep an eye on this forum.
    The only trouble being that we never hear thier responce to anything that is negetive said.
    It would be nice to know thier opinion.
    Although we will hear about the dlc it unlikly it will be anything more than release date, content and cost. and not the who, what, where, when and why.

Never realised that 360 content was by user account either untill muppet mentioned it, it should be locked to a system and not user account.
    Now you know how bill gates became so rich.

Originally Posted by andy3536
    A good post indeed.
    You make a good piont about keir. He is always telling those at eidos what is happening on the forums. We are also being told that the dev team keep an eye on this forum.
    The only trouble being that we never hear thier responce to anything that is negetive said.
    It would be nice to know thier opinion.
    Although we will hear about the dlc it unlikly it will be anything more than release date, content and cost. and not the who, what, where, when and why.

Never realised that 360 content was by user account either untill muppet mentioned it, it should be locked to a system and not user account.
    Now you know how bill gates became so rich.

Yeah, I don't think you can really knock Eidos for the DLC only being able to be used on 1 account because thats all Microsoft. They really should have used a system similar to the one America Online used. One master name and 3 or 4 sub names. This would have at least allow other family members to use the DLC on the same 360.

Intellig3nce thanks for the comments, for me gaming with my son is a true shared hobby, and as any kids or dads will tell you that is a wonderful thing. We've had SO many laffs with some games!

I reckon most people on here are as you say, adults with experience of how the world works, (and i'll include you despite an earlier disagreement ) and a pragmatic viewpoint of games production, we aren't asking for unreasonable things, we're asking that when we buy a product we get what are considered basic 'standard' elements.

The 'pay for each user seperatly' approach to DLC is so anti-family it's unbelievable. How would we react to having to rent a DVD for each individual family member to watch? Buy a CD that you have to pay again if the wife wants to listen to it as well?

Andy and Jshalk both gave good ways of implimenting a family freindly approach, I of course realise that this system is set by microsoft, but the implications should be realised by every publisher.

Me, my son, and my daughter all bought a few add ons for oblivion, but we had a family meeting and collectively decided that between us we could have bought another game for what we all spent on that DLC.

We won't do that again!

I feel that Eidos have deliberately taken a decision to exclude what would be very easilly implimented customisation of this game purely to make extra income from chargeable DLC. we cant even say customisation options are pitiful, poor, poorly implimented, there are NONE! Nothing. Zilch. Zero.

That means the game in it's existing state will get stale and old very quickly, but hey! Lets pay a bit more for a new map each month! Who needs customisation when we can do that!