Thread: funny TR moments of the past...

funny TR moments of the past...

its been awhile since i played on chronicles but if any of you remember, on the black isle with young lara, she encountered the grim reaper in a old church... on the cutscene when grim is fascinated with some strange orb on one of the church benches he walks towards it, and then suddenly i heard some happy, jolly fast organ music for about 10 seconds...it ruined the tension but was really funny. maybe a glitch.

any of you remember any funny comments made by characters or weird music? e.t.c
    " I'm Doctor Willard, I came to converse with Tony myself, but i saw that you were doing a more critical job, and i am inspired! I would like to offer you other work."

No, that funnt high-pitched organ was no glitch. It's part of TRC's soundtrack.

The funniest thing in TR1 was the way the giant legless mutant died - you shot it and when it "died" it raised one arm, looked straight ahead, looked underneath itself, then straight ahead again, then it moved its arm in front of it, got up, then fell and exploded. What a death!
    "I'm a gamer, I don't have to get a life - I have many lives!"

haha, i remember that, but that fast organ thing completely wrecked the tension when the reaper was there, it sounded so goofy. i was certain it was a glitch.
    " I'm Doctor Willard, I came to converse with Tony myself, but i saw that you were doing a more critical job, and i am inspired! I would like to offer you other work."

Larsons voice...i love it XD so funny

In chronicles when Larson and Pierre are arguing on top of a roof...

"Ideyoo, Ideyoo!" (supposed to be Idiot, Idiot!)

"You were kicked in the head by a horse, oui? So the brain doesn't work correctly?"

"How'd you know 'bout that?"

"Never mind, never mind."
    "I'm a gamer, I don't have to get a life - I have many lives!"

yeh.......good old times

the jordie guy in TR3 was funny aswell, him and his pictchfork and his throne was the back seat of a car...lol

dont you think TR1 was the scariest tomb raider, on that level where you stand in the entrance looking at all those lines of circulating 'eggs' whatever you call them, knowing that they are going to explode and scare the hell out of you! lol did anyone else just leg it and keep shooting like crazy holding your breath!

yeh that was a spooky level. its all dark then the lights flicker on and the room is made out of living flesh

I was in an Egypt level (can't recall which one) and I was in a dark corridor and all of the sudden I hear a like, growling around the corner. Human growling. YIPE! It was a stupid mummy. geez.

I played that Chronicles bit today and then i remembered how rediculous it was, my bro and i were killing ourselves laughing, it was such a funny tune in that setting

Larson: I'M GON SHOOT YOU T'HELL!

Excellent

TR chronicles!
    'Anyway, busy girl, got to go.'

yeh, the rome story...lotsa funny stuff in that bit...pierre making fun of larson...larson gettin set on fire...classic

Quote Originally Posted by doctor willard View Post
    on the cutscene when grim is fascinated with some strange orb on one of the church benches he walks towards it, and then suddenly i heard some happy, jolly fast organ music for about 10 seconds...it ruined the tension but was really funny. maybe a glitch.
    I believe you are referring to the extra-short cutscene when Lara collects the bone dust from the bench. Yeah, I LOVE that little tension-ripping tune. I think Core were just taking the piss, trying to make us laugh. It worked for me.
    signature image
    I am Set, god of chaos and the desert. I add to the balance of the world. Without chaos and destruction, there is no peace and harmony.

The funniest scene for me was the first time I was playing the Venice levels in TR2 and finally figured out that I was to 'drive' the boat up the ramp and through the overhead glass room where the green dragon (secret) is on the timed run.

I went at it with customary gusto and speed and then you see Lara and boat flying through the air from the other end with her pony tail completely vertical. I just kept thinking she was going to shout 'Geronimo!!!'

" Move along cheri... you make place look crowded."

You're havin' a laff ent ya!! Apart from 2 vagrants a drug dealer and that 'weirdo' in the park there's no-one else outside.
    The bloke with the Harley don't count, I think he's gay anyway (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Apart from that are you trying to insinuate that our Lara is a lady of negotiable affections?!! Back off lady, this is the Tomb Raider you're talking to!

Wasn't the guy on the Harley Kurtis Trent? He also appears when Lara emerges from the drainage pipe under the pawn shop when she outruns the fire from the exploding bomb - he is across the river flicking cigarette ash about the place.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkangel07 View Post
    In chronicles when Larson and Pierre are arguing on top of a roof... "Ideyoo, Ideyoo!" (supposed to be Idiot, Idiot!)
    I agree this replying. But Was this funny?!?!
    I thought there were no much funny situation in the levels of TR.
    Rather there were sometime absurd(=nonsensical) scean, so I laugh
    sometime during the game playing. Normally, Those are all of BUG sorting...

e.g.

(TR_03): Frog-Man
    (if you sucess in this time, this Frog-Man don't move... hehe~ )
    (TR_03): BUG-dancing
    (TR_05): BUG-disappearing(=you don't shoot him, you miss Secrets.)
    (TR_05): BUG-don't following this Ending BOSS(=Cybog in Red-Alret in TR_05) to Lara.
    (I waited too long to time at the first time.)
    (TR_05): BUG-don't know security number too far away for gate in 13F
    when the gaurd push the number.(=Lasor exam passenger window room)
    (TR_02): Don't you think you've seen enough? etc. hehe~

[flash=http://copythat.pe.kr/tombraider/templates/whosonline_EIDOS_sign2.swf]width='80' height='80'[/flash] ...Don't you think have you seen enough?

Quote Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
    No, that funnt high-pitched organ was no glitch. It's part of TRC's soundtrack.

The funniest thing in TR1 was the way the giant legless mutant died - you shot it and when it "died" it raised one arm, looked straight ahead, looked underneath itself, then straight ahead again, then it moved its arm in front of it, got up, then fell and exploded. What a death!
    yeah but what wasnt funny was when you played the game for the first time and was really full of adrenaline kicking its ass and finally you beat it and was like OH MY GOD I WON WOOO and then its explodes and its sodding head comes flying at you and kills you.

NOT IMPRESSED!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hystericmoon View Post
    yeah but what wasnt funny was when you played the game for the first time and was really full of adrenaline kicking its ass and finally you beat it and was like OH MY GOD I WON WOOO and then its explodes and its sodding head comes flying at you and kills you.

NOT IMPRESSED!!!!
    Hee hee hee!
    "It's good to see you again, Lara."
    I think we can all agree.