Thread: To Eidos Copy rights questions

To Eidos Copy rights questions

To Eidos Copy rights questions

so i make a website for KS and

do i need to say battlestation midway is eidos produce something like that and

i want to upload v1.1.1 verison and lowa mission pack to the site so plp can download them can I, and what do i do for copy right

do i need to put copyright on the screen shot/movie i took IN the game ?

Regarding movies/Images

I think the movies and Images are something you can put on you'r site or site such as youtube. But regarding the Downloads that are related to the game, i cannot answer to that.

DLable content = ?
    Images/Videos = OK

That is my answer, and if proved wrong by an eidos person that is working for eidos, i'll remove it.

If you made a video in-game, then according to the copyright laws that I know of, you can use it without any problem. But if you take a Battlestations trailer that was made by Eidos, then claim it as your own, then you're gonna have issues.

As far as the DLC goes, I'm pretty sure that Eidos wouldn't want you to upload it to your 'site. I may be wrong, though...

What you could do is have a direct link from your website, to Eidos' official DLC page or whatever. Something along those lines should work.

It never hurts to have a little copyright section at the bottom of your site to link back, we've had it for years on our website. I don't really think it's mandatory seeing as your not claiming that it's your work and I don't think people will make that assumption. Still I'd say it's the gentleman thing to do to link back to the creators.

Seeing as the patch and mission pack (I assume) are freely distributed there shouldn't be any problem with you hosting them. You are just giving people another place to download it from. If you took the screenshots movies yourself you don't have to put up an Eidos copyright logo.

Note, I do not work for Eidos but I've co-run a fansite for years without any problems regarding copyright.

Just say it ain't yours and be done with it, IMO.

Originally Posted by @m
    It never hurts to have a little copyright section at the bottom of your site to link back, we've had it for years on our website. I don't really think it's mandatory seeing as your not claiming that it's your work and I don't think people will make that assumption. Still I'd say it's the gentleman thing to do to link back to the creators.

Seeing as the patch and mission pack (I assume) are freely distributed there shouldn't be any problem with you hosting them. You are just giving people another place to download it from. If you took the screenshots movies yourself you don't have to put up an Eidos copyright logo.

Note, I do not work for Eidos but I've co-run a fansite for years without any problems regarding copyright.
    I do work for Eidos and this is true

We're always keen to encourage fansites, let me know how it goes

umm ok thanks guys.. i will put a link to eidos web for downloads and then make what for KS ? KS is copyright of KS ? ^^