Thread: A Message To The Battlestation Engineering Team!!!!

A Message To The Battlestation Engineering Team!!!!

Big Grin A Message To The Battlestation Engineering Team!!!!

Guys seriously....

Issues with the game:
    1). NO SKIRMISH MODE IN XBOX 360 environment... why not... this give the game unlimited replay value and the missions are boring and scripted.
    2). You need to add some kind of PING or response indicator (RED, YELLOW, GREEN, SOMETHING!) to the XBox 360 Live rooms because LAG is killing games causing connections to time out. This is completely unacceptable that you don't have this feature!
    3). Level the playing fields: In the plane missions and one of the fleet missions it's nearly impossible unless you follow a very specific plan to accomplish it successfully. For example, the Battle of Tuluga in the Plane mission... come on! Wing after wing but only 3 or 4 wings to prevent hundreds of incoming planes. I don't care as much about Item 3 as I do for Item 1 & 2 though. Especially 1 & 2. Please don't make these fixes and then turn around and charge your loyal fans... other gaming companies recognize this now but it's too late for them, please don't follow in their path.

one more thing...

SUBS:
    With subs... there should have been a 'snorkel' option! With the periscope, there should be the compass or heading.

PLANES:
    The look around feature sucks and needs help!

Exclamation Free Maps & Content Downloads????

MAPS & CONTENT
    Where are more maps and/or content?

A true expansion pack:
    What about the war in Europe? Germany had some kick a$$ ships, for example the Bismarck.... expansion pack? Don't bother building the expansion pack if it does not include the SKIRMISH MODE! I want the Yamato and the Bismarck and the Might Miss to face off!!!!!!

Exclamation !!!!eidos Software Engineers!!!!

Please listen to your customers, they are the ones that pay your salaries:

See below:

a67ssrs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my favorite game on the 360 right now, but I am going to go play something else. I just can't handle playing an hour long match, and at the end, while the final enemy carrier is sinking, connection lost. I have been able to finish 3 matches out of the last 12 or so matches I've played over the last two days.
    PLEASE, EIDOS, PATCH THIS GAME BEFORE YOU LOSE A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE.
    I'm sure there are other people who feel this way... make yourselves heard!

a67ssrs
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to a67ssrs
    Find More Posts by a67ssrs
    Add a67ssrs to Your Buddy List

02-10-2007, 05:25 AM #2
    Liberaror45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, it is disappointing to see that, but i think it is from the host shutting down the server, usually because his team lost. To try to solve your problem, play on the same team as the host, and make sure you win, or be the host yourself.

Get your own Gamercard Sig.

Liberaror45
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Liberaror45
    Find More Posts by Liberaror45
    Add Liberaror45 to Your Buddy List

02-10-2007, 05:48 AM #3
    helo911

Yeah, I'd just host the game yourself, means it can't happen. Though, the loosing team could still quit and you'd get the 'not enough players' message. No way around it, some people are just annoying like that.

helo911
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to helo911
    Find More Posts by helo911
    Add helo911 to Your Buddy List

02-10-2007, 07:30 AM #4
    HMS Valiant

But it would mean a patch.

All Eidos need to do is to give anyone disconnecting early negative points.

Anyway - great game, but this is the most annoying thing about it. There needs to be an incentive to stop people crapping out halfway through when they are getting beat.

HMS Valiant
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to HMS Valiant
    Find More Posts by HMS Valiant
    Add HMS Valiant to Your Buddy List

02-10-2007, 12:43 PM #5
    a67ssrs

I learned my lesson about joining random people's rooms in the demo. I always host, or have one of my friends host. We VERY rarely join somebody else's room. I suspect it is a network coding issue? I have no problems in any of my other games, I have cable internet, 4800 mbps DL, 500 UL.

a67ssrs
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to a67ssrs
    Find More Posts by a67ssrs
    Add a67ssrs to Your Buddy List

02-11-2007, 05:24 AM #6
    MostBlunted1982

sorry for my bad english:

the game is fun, but it really crashes often! it crashes sometimes right at the beginning of the game, it says "connection lost". and i often got freezes with this game, mostly at the beginning of the match or sometimes in the middle...then i have to restart the xbox, i dont have so much freezes that often in other games. a patch would be really fine!

but great game anyway!

Originally Posted by Digrazzz
    SUBS:
    With subs... there should have been a 'snorkel' option!
    the submarine snorkel had just been invented by the dutch at the time this game takes place, and no other country was using it, the Germans only started putting it on their subs around 1943, and it wasn't used in combat until 1944, and i have found no reference to them being used by the allies (the first American sub with a snorkel got it in December 1947), or the Japanese during the war
    Sincerity is the key to life, once you can fake that you’ve got it made

im pretty sure the submarines could stay submerged for a quite a long time anyway- certainly for many hours

Exclamation ok you lame a$$ historical people.... that's NOT THE POINT

THIS GAME IS OVERWHELMED WITH ISSUES, LOCK UPS, DROPPED CONNECTION, LAME RANGES FOR BATTLESHIPS, NO HEADINGS ON THE PERISCOPE, NO ABILITY TO LAUNCH DEBRIS FROM THE SUB ...... it needs some SERIOUS WORK AND SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SHIPPED IN ITS CURRENT STATE!

Dude the game isn't a submarine simulation...If you want all that stuff wait for Silent Hunter IV to come out.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    -General George S. Patton

I also have a lot of problems with the MP conn.
    (and NO, my conn is fine- I play buggy COD3 all the time)

Patch Please.

This should be stickied, or some kind of Suggestion thread for the 360 version of the game, I have a question, what would the chances be of the 360 version of this game really getting a large addon or xpansion, with say , a skirmish mode or additional campaign? Has this company ever done this before with their games? I would really like either a skirmish mode or a large amount of new maps because the original ones are getting old, this is the best game I've played for many months and I'd really hate for it to die down due to lack of support, this really worries me.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep
    miles to go before I sleep

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    The devs do read this forum and are aware of the issues and requests mentioned. There is additional content on teh way (not sure what specifics are atm.) but be ashured everything is being looked at.

Originally Posted by chip5541
    The devs do read this forum and are aware of the issues and requests mentioned. There is additional content on teh way (not sure what specifics are atm.) but be ashured everything is being looked at.
    Thanks for the quick reply Chip, that's make's me feel better, this is the best naval strategy action sim I've played since the original Battlestations(can't even remember what system it was on lol); and I certainly think it's capable of a very long long life.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep
    miles to go before I sleep

It's a great game, but I don't understand why we can't get an answer on how points are tabulated.

Another issue that annoys me is that your single player points are only updated to the leaderboards if you are connected to live when you score them.

I agree with the skirmish mode idea. As it stands, replayability is in the multiplayer end of the game. It would be great to have the same replayability in singleplayer mode.

Also, it is rather annoying to have a submarine be hindered with its movements/stealth by lack of oxygen. The reason given in game was because the subs are running their engines. No sub runs diesel under the surface without a snorkel...Subsurface operations are done with electrical batteries and oxygen stores could last for many hours...not a handful of minutes. I understand this is done for balancing but this hurts the sub's advantage of stealth by forcing it to show itself either before or during an attack.

they should have an option for staying under just a little extra until it is down to nearly nothing and you have a confirmed kill or some emergengy o2 which can only be use once and will last the same as a normal full tank
    aussie aussie aussie OI OI OI.
    The barmy army need to pull their finger out seriously

Originally Posted by ryu1940
    oxygen stores could last for many hours...not a handful of minutes. I understand this is done for balancing but this hurts the sub's advantage of stealth by forcing it to show itself either before or during an attack.
    it is meant to hurt it's advantage of stealth, if the O2 supply lasted as long as it does in the real world, you would never have to surface in a game, and if you didn't have to surface, as long as you get around their DDs, you would never bee seen,
    also, it isn't like you have to go up for air every couple of minutes, i have played games where i only needed to go up for air once or twice
    Sincerity is the key to life, once you can fake that you’ve got it made

skirmish for midway please !!!

Well after 3 years waiting finally the game that continues in the line of fire of games like "great naval battles (1-3)" and "carriers at war"
    ..............at last battlestions midway.

A nice game but why no skirmish mode, clashing with your customized fleet(s) on one of the featured theaters?
    And why ending at midway instead of the entire pacific campaign? The naval battles of the pacific deserve a virtual legacy thanx to Battlestations Midway.

Really to bad because the game is after a little freestyle/training with the gameplay a killer battleships RTS-like game unique in its kind with the options and units given. Not to speak about the graphics who/wich are stunning even on the lowest quality.

Hoping for a surprising expansion pack....

ps: the "manage-abilty" of the planes is really (to) ease with the mouse&keyboard, thanks a lot!

It'd be nice to lead U-boats against British and American shipping.
    Also, the Battle of Britain.

The Admiral