Thread: Potential Loyalty Rewards

Potential Loyalty Rewards

Potential Loyalty Rewards

This is more for the devs, but its good to get other player's opinion too. I was wondering if Nosgoth is going to have loyalty rewards further down the line. What I mean is, for people that start playing the game early, especially in alpha or beta, will get rewards if they keep playing for a long time. This would probably not take the form of actual bonuses, but maybe some exclusive skins or character items would be cool.

I've never been a fan of these types of rewards. When special skins or characters are given only to beta players, the new players that a F2P game needs to succeed feel left out. I'm not saying beta players shouldn't get something for their efforts though. Special titles (forum and in game), emblems or in game badges of some kind wouldn't be a bad idea.

Some F2P games have offered exclusive packs for purchase during Beta. These types of rewards are better for this type of game with the added bonus of giving incentive to people that haven't started playing the game yet. I'm not a fan of these either, but I don't mind their existence.

Originally Posted by TendrilSavant
    I've never been a fan of these types of rewards. When special skins or characters are given only to beta players, the new players that a F2P game needs to succeed feel left out. I'm not saying beta players shouldn't get something for their efforts though. Special titles (forum and in game), emblems or in game badges of some kind wouldn't be a bad idea.

Some F2P games have offered exclusive packs for purchase during Beta. These types of rewards are better for this type of game with the added bonus of giving incentive to people that haven't started playing the game yet. I'm not a fan of these either, but I don't mind their existence.
    I think it would be cool, to discover who are the oldest fans of the series =P Something that make us, Alpha and Beta, different from the others.
    signature image

I am against the idea.
    Especially in-game rewards for Alpha testers.
    The devs themselves said the alpha testers will be a very small number. So why should lots of others miss out if they were never picked for Alpha, or came one day too late etc?

Maybe something for Open Beta testing the game when the servers can handle a larger population of the group, but even then I am against it.

IMO If people need a sign of how 'long' they've been playing the game, give them a forum badge at the VERY most. Nothing more.