Thread: Here's the drill for 360 DLC

Here's the drill for 360 DLC

Here's the drill for 360 DLC

If your content does NOT work (like mine 100% of the time), this is what you do:

Call 1-800-4myxbox

There will be a bot trying to help you. Once you get to the part about you having a 360, then say "customer service" and you will get a choice. I started in billing and ended up in technical support.

You tell them you want a refund on the new download for Battlestations Midway and tell them why: it is defective.

You be nice but firm. You write down the name of everyone you talk with and ask for the spelling of their name. In the end you will get a ticket number. Write this number down.

You ask for either your points back or a refund on your credit card; period. You paid your money to Microsoft, so they are the ones that owe you a refund.

You will be told that it will take 24-48 hours for them to get back to you.

Then you wait.

In 24-48 hours, I will post what the response is.

Oh now this is interesting. I think I'll wait until Friday before I try it. I'm going to give Eidos that long to respond before I try to get my points back. I wouldn't like it if I got my points back and then they managed to fix it right after.

Exclamation

Originally Posted by cloroxmartini
    If your content does NOT work (like mine 100% of the time), this is what you do:

Call 1-800-4myxbox

There will be a bot trying to help you. Once you get to the part about you having a 360, then say "customer service" and you will get a choice. I started in billing and ended up in technical support.

You tell them you want a refund on the new download for Battlestations Midway and tell them why: it is defective.

You be nice but firm. You write down the name of everyone you talk with and ask for the spelling of their name. In the end you will get a ticket number. Write this number down.

You ask for either your points back or a refund on your credit card; period. You paid your money to Microsoft, so they are the ones that owe you a refund.

You will be told that it will take 24-48 hours for them to get back to you.

Then you wait.

In 24-48 hours, I will post what the response is.
    Also the PC gets it for FREE
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." ---Robert Frost.
    -=)CSF(=-XGamerms999
    http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/...ilies/Thud.gif

Originally Posted by LORD BLACKFIRE
    Oh now this is interesting. I think I'll wait until Friday before I try it. I'm going to give Eidos that long to respond before I try to get my points back. I wouldn't like it if I got my points back and then they managed to fix it right after.
    I generally agree, however I'm not a kid, so I generally get the ball rolling on things I have control over, like initiating the refund process. If they fix it, fine, cause I want them to. If they don't then at least I have my points back and the case is closed for me. I like to get things off my plate and move on.

Refunded

400 points added back to my account. Now I can repurchase when the download is fixed, and I will re-download it.

did they take the content off though? I mean can you still use it?
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." ---Robert Frost.
    -=)CSF(=-XGamerms999

Originally Posted by xgamerms999
    did they take the content off though? I mean can you still use it?
    there are a couple of ways to read what you just posted. the first is that you are going to try and get your 400 points back by lying about your DLC for the 360, and keep playing your download because it is not defective. if that is your line of thinking, then you will become a larger liability (than you are now) as you age. the second way to look at what you posted is,...wait a second here...there really is only one way to read your post, and that is according to the first statement. the second way to look at your post does not apply due to the following reasoning: my content does NOT WORK. 6 out of 6 failures. Did not try a 7th time. so your post "...can you still use it?" does not apply to me, because i can not use it; therefore i must interpret your statement in a negative light.

if anyone lies about the operative ability of their content to get 400 points back needs to head back to church. 400 points is nothing. it's the principle of it. and the fact that when the download is repaired, i'll have the 400 points to get it. if it takes them forever to fix it, they don't have the use of my money to do so.

the short answer to your question is i deleted the content, not microsoft.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Posible solution

Originally Posted by truckman
    I was having the same problems everyone here was having...I have an HDTV and my settings were @ 1080i...and it crashed every time at least 15 times the longest the game lasted was 4:53(yes I used a kitchen timer after 5 lock ups)...changed by display settings to 720P and have played 3 games in row from start to finish...plan on playing at least one more tonight and I think I might have mine "fixed"...
    Originally Posted by truckman
    Also forgot to mention that I did delete and re-download this afternoon...played three more games tonight and no problems...I do no think this is a fix but more of a duck tape solution...also told three other guys to do it and it "fixed" them also...

Originally Posted by chip5541
    Posible solution
    Not sure you should refer to this as a solution, sounds a little dangerous to do so.
    This is a temporary measure that has worked for some!
    Do not forget we have been getting this since release with other mp games to a lesser extent aswell!

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    possum workaround

My content works ON and OFF. It's dsfga like that.
    -=)CSF(=-XGamerms999

I agree it seems unfair that the upgrade is free for the PC and not for the XBOX, but I couldn't live without it.....lol.

You've been Dilled!
    XBOX360>PS3

P.S. I am also frustrated with the early unreliability of the download. It's very inconsistant and we paid for that......hmmmm.

You've been Dilled!
    XBOX360>PS3

Dill, noticed you havn't posted your problem here
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=66761
    The devs have been sent a link to this thread by chip and they may well read the link and not the rest of the site.
    All 360 problems please post them to the link, to get your problem accross.

Also the PC gets it for FREE
    Are you serious!?

The 360 users always get the crappy end of the deal when it comes to DLC.

There's always a price; it's never free like all content on the PC.

Microsft requires that it costs points, the only ways it doesn't is if someone pays microsoft x amount of money.
    -=)CSF(=-XGamerms999

Microsft requires that it costs points, the only ways it doesn't is if someone pays microsoft x amount of money.

You know I wasn't going to ask for a refund because my content does work if I set it to 720p, but this BS with not telling us if/when it will be fixed is pissing me off now.

I mean if no one can confirm it will ever be fixed then I see no other recourse than to demand a refund for a broken product. I have a native 1080i tv and I don't like setting it to 720p.

Shamrock, what does that have to do with my post. I was just saying that in order for DLC to be free microsoft has to be paid x amount of money, otherwise it costs x amount of money or points.
    -=)CSF(=-XGamerms999

Shamrock, what does that have to do with my post. I was just saying that in order for DLC to be free microsoft has to be paid x amount of money, otherwise it costs x amount of money or points.
    Sorry bro. I didn't mean to quote you, I was just trying to reply.