Thread: Tatoos?

Question Tattoos?

So I've been thinking A LOT about getting a Lara Croft/Tomb Raider tattoo. I'm sure some of you already have them and I wanted to get some ideas from her fans....

Anybody have pics I can see?

Thanks for your imput!!

OX

Kandice

I've had Legend Lara on my left leg for about two years now. I'm still trying to save up money to get the tribal design the Goth Lara outfit has on her neck tattoed on my own.

Pic. Not 100% accurate colorwise, but the guy said if he used brown for the clothes it could become a mess because of the also brown hair.

And I'd say - go for it. I had a though time picking up the image I wanted, and that render had been just released back then, and she looked so damn nice, so there really was no other choice in the end.

I love tats, I don't have a tomb raider themed one though.

A tattoo is a very personal thing and need careful consideration. Do you want a picture of Lara? Would you rather an item or symbol? Ask yourself which game/location/item was your favourite. Check out here for a huge range of Tomb Raider pictures to give you an idea: www.tombraiderchronicles.com

@ TREEBLE - your link didn't work, could you post another pic please
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

Thumbs Up

Hello everyone....

Treeble - you link did not work -would you mind reposting again... PLEASE!!!

I'm thinkin' I want a tat of Lara, but just not sure which version of her or which type of pose - yet. I prefer Legend over the older ones, but my favorite game is LR, plus it helps that I love Egypt!! I appreciate everyone suggestions and pics!!

Thanks for the link MUM - I'll have to check out the site!!

Kandice

Oh sorry, had a typo on the server file. It's working now. Sorry about the flash, it's a rather old pic back when the tattoo was still very fresh.

Thumbs Up

It's very cool - thank you!!

Wink

Have a look at these, not my personal taste but anyway:

http://www.rankmytattoos.com/Georgia...ridge/814.html

http://www.tattooartists.org/Gal14349_Lara_Croft.asp

Also Since the Egypt levels are your favourite, here's my favourit tattoo website which has an Egyptian section - you won't find Lara on there, but it might help you with ideas for your design. http://www.tattoofinder.com/
    signature image

Thumbs Up

Again - Thank you so much... MUM.

The Scion from TR1 would make an excellent tattoo. It's easily associated with TR by anyone who's a fan, and people who aren't will think it looks cool and not make fun of you for having a picture of Lara inked onto yourself (although, I must admit, the ones posted look AMAZING).

What about an Egyptian mythology one, ala The Last Revelation? Set, as he appears in that game, would make a great tattoo. I, however, would never get myself a tattoo; what if you get sick of it later on?
    signature image
    I am Set, god of chaos and the desert. I add to the balance of the world. Without chaos and destruction, there is no peace and harmony.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Koopa View Post
    what if you get sick of it later on?
    I guess it depends on the regulations of the country or state you're from but here there are very strict health regulations. You'd only go to a tattooist with very strict cleaning procedures with a reputable name and here they can only brand new needles each time, you can watch your tattooist prepare if it makes you feel better.
    signature image

I don't think he meant on the health side, but rather on the "get tired of it". Tattoos are permanent, although there are expensive laser operations to remove them. That's why it's something you have to plan for a while and not just go and say - "hey look, that's a great picture of Lara! I should get it tattoed on my arm, it'd look awesome!".

Lara's always been with me, and now I'll carry her with me for the rest of my life. If people want to make fun of that, their problem - I know how much she means to me.

Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by TREEBLE
    I don't think he meant on the health side, but rather on the "get tired of it".
    Oops, I read his post too quickly! I read "what if you get sick of it later on?" as "what if you get sick later on"
    signature image

No, I definitely meant that you might get tired of it, not literally sick. I've never found tattoos appealing, actually, and the fact that you are stuck with it puts me off of considering to get myself one - but if I would, I probably would get Set or Anubis (Egyptian gods of chaos and the dead, respectively).
    signature image
    I am Set, god of chaos and the desert. I add to the balance of the world. Without chaos and destruction, there is no peace and harmony.

Big Grin

Didn't want to open up a new topic, but some of you might be aware I've been willing to get Lara's goth tribal tattoo design on by own back neck. Well, just today I went and got it done. Damn proud of it as well:

Click here to see.

I'm aware the link in a previous post of mine doesn't work, but that's beside the point, baby.

Very nice Treeble That design could actually make a nice arm band too.
    signature image

Very nice!!!

Ah man, I have a couple of fragments of my rub-on glow in the dark Superman tattoo left on my arm...
    I'm 23 years old, darn it!

I can't help being retarded and I LOVE IT!
    Blessed is the man who sells his soul to the devil and the cheque bounces...