Page 7 of 9 First First ... 3456789 Last

Thread: Patch news

Patch news

Originally Posted by airguard79
    Ship is sinking fast dude get in a life boat and row your but out of there.
    i would but the lifeboat patch don't come out till next month as a 7.50 DLC

Originally Posted by Kai Robin
    i would but the lifeboat patch don't come out till next month as a 7.50 DLC

Originally Posted by smane114

and how does this relate to the patch?

Originally Posted by Remo
    and how does this relate to the patch?
    In the article it mentions some Eidos corporate bigwig getting a customer service award...........

Eidos.....customer service?

Haha! That's a good one.

Originally Posted by Kai Robin
    i'm know i'm miffed, the date for 360 dlc has been set but NO news on an actual gameplay patch or PC content. once again another week has passed and KEIR is no where to be seen! where did he go?!?!
    Keir is probably that embarised about Edios's actions that he cannot find himself to come on here and tell us whats what. IGN and Gamespot have exclusive and you Loyal fans get nothing on the edios forum.

Originally Posted by I3laze
    Keir is probably that embarised about Edios's actions that he cannot find himself to come on here and tell us whats what. IGN and Gamespot have exclusive and you Loyal fans get nothing on the edios forum.
    lol, he was alot more in the forums before the game came out so if afterwards Eidos don't toss him anything yeah I guess we can't blame him.

Keirs is cool, we just sometimes tend to shoot the messenger unfortunately.

wow still no patch?? Gotta laugh at the lack of customer service. Reminds me of a song......Take the money and run! or something like that. I have given up. SH4 is another pice of work. Great idea and game play but full of bugs. At least when it launched it they already had a patch out that broke the game more than it fixed it and at 116mb you would think it would or patched things not made them worse. Its a sad time for computer gamers. More and more games are released in a Beta state. Oh well what can you do other than * on the forums?

Originally Posted by zycore
    wow still no patch?? Gotta laugh at the lack of customer service. Reminds me of a song......Take the money and run! or something like that. I have given up. SH4 is another pice of work. Great idea and game play but full of bugs. At least when it launched it they already had a patch out that broke the game more than it fixed it and at 116mb you would think it would or patched things not made them worse. Its a sad time for computer gamers. More and more games are released in a Beta state. Oh well what can you do other than * on the forums?
    somebody's a Radiohead fan...

the part of the song that reminds me of eidos is "I'll laught until my head pops off,"

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Actually it was The Steve Miller Band

so no patch news? just great

The Patch is finally here

The Patch is finally here

No it's not.

awww...you guys are breaking my heart

Just a question:

This weekend when i was playing BSM i saw a few 1.1 hosted games (greyed out and unjoinable) Would these be testers working on the new patch or some dodgy pirate patch?

Ive noticed these 1.1 servas occasionally for the last three weeks, just wondering if anyone got any idea what the story is.

"Patience is a Virtue", but dang were all going to be as virtuose as saints by the time we see this patch hehe

logic would say its the patch since

A- were expecting a patch (it might be called 1.01 or even 2.0 but 1.1 sounds about right
    B- no mod tools
    c- xbox port

so ya my bet is A

The patch is going through tests so more than likely you will see that when looking for games.

its always being tested, yet it never works

Originally Posted by chip5541
    The patch is going through tests so more than likely you will see that when looking for games.
    its to bad they didn't let some of us in on the action

Originally Posted by chip5541
    Chip, if you could forward the message to the EIDOS guys: I do not really have too much faith in their efforts in testing. The PC version came out so evidently buggy around networking so I really question how it was tested. It might have been a thorough testing but then the protocol was completely wrong. Same thing with the XBOX 360 DLC now.
    I strongly recommend that instead of wasting weeks and months testing it EIDOS should release a BETA patch and see what happens and collects feedback from the community. It would be much better for everybody. The testing team of EIDOS is obviously not the strongest part of the team...
    Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

Originally Posted by It3llig3nc3
    The testing team of EIDOS is obviously not the strongest part of the team...
    Sounds like you've been burned before. Are you a veteran of the hell that DICE puts BF franchise players through?
    I'm hopeful for this BS:M patch, but honestly, I'd play the same maps over and over that we have now, if the game had a dedicated server option. Most of the issues I have are to do with poor client connectivity due to the host having not enough upstream bandwidth. When I play with a core group of friends they all make me be the host as I have just a slightly better upstream capability, which is still only 800k. Hell, if I had more available, for less than $100 a month, I'd get something better. But, the fact is, I do rent a server that has far more bandwidth available, but can't host the game.
    Sadly, consoles are where the money is for game publishers, it seems. (outside of the hell that is MMO's) and PC support, dedicated servers and the like, is going to dwindle. But to me, if a publisher is going to release a PC game at all, they should at least support it for some amount of time (how long? I do not know) But long enough to give us consumers a stable platform and an MP game that can only be hosted by clients locally, where the majority get only 370k or so of upstream connectivity, is not stable.
    Never mind the fact that h4x are already out there and there's no Punkbuster (or similar) support either.

As this is my first post (took about 6 days for registration to confirm) Hello everyone!

Originally Posted by Dapos
    As this is my first post (took about 6 days for registration to confirm) Hello everyone!
    Greetings! You should get used to some of us more crazy members soon enough!

Originally Posted by Dogmeatz
    Just a question:

This weekend when i was playing BSM i saw a few 1.1 hosted games
    Hmmmm if you saw this in the standard online game browser,I hope this dont mean that they havent fixed the ingame browser

Originally Posted by It3llig3nc3
    I strongly recommend that instead of wasting weeks and months testing it EIDOS should release a BETA patch and see what happens and collects feedback from the community. It would be much better for everybody. The testing team of EIDOS is obviously not the strongest part of the team...
    Excellent idea there It3, as someone who was part of the Company of Heroes Beta , we went through some very laggy buggy versions but ultimately it resulted in an extremely functional, lag free and user friendly multi player game. Edios would do well to copy RELIC's excellent testing and development regime. Plus they released new maps free in patches and even a map editor, and thus have one of the most acclaimed and popular games on the market. Instead of following the DLC ripoff model of EA, a company that i hope will die a miserable bankrupt death as more and more gamers become disillusioned by there cynical greed orientated publishing style.

Originally Posted by OperationPhoenix
    Hmmmm if you saw this in the standard online game browser,I hope this don't mean that they haven't fixed the ingame browser
    Ouch I hadn't thought of that, because i sure put some multiplayer game lobby functionality is high on my list of much needed fixes. (Ping in Game, see who's in lobby and a lobby chat etc) As i mentioned they were greyed out so maybe a beta 1.1 that hadnt included all upgrades, or maybe as 1.0 i cant see the new 1.1 lobby options.... maybe.

EDIT: Pardon my poor English/grammer..... im Australian

Ok everyone,
    This is what I know but remember none of this is set in stone so things can change.

The PC Patch and PC DLC is in QA. The patch should be ready for release in about three weeks.

The DLC for the PC will be available, free from the website in around a month or so.

it'll address the exiting accounts problem with GameSpy, the NAT issue and hopefully a fix to improve connectivity. It isn't restricted to these fixes either.

Now remember that due to technology things can change but this is what I understand ATM. Sorry I couldnt be more specific.

Thanks for the update! It's good to hear that there actually will be a patch for the PC version (even if it's uncertain what it'll fix) and that there is a fair chance of the DLC being available for PC users as well. (I was beginning to doubt that there would even be a patch)

Page 7 of 9 First First ... 3456789 Last