Thread: Patch news

Patch news

I have a simple philosiphy about awaiting patches....

"a watched kettle never boils"

or theres another

"Patience is a virtue"

Chill out fellas when its done its done.... waiting on tender hooks will just make it seem to take ages, forget about it an you will be suprised how fast it arrives. A.k.a. Murphies Law.......

Happens everytime a new game comes out. Personally i've had less trouble with this game in buggyness compared to other titles.

Remember SH3 first release for people with NVIDIA cards?

The amount of bugs in BF2142 that allowed people to cheat in online play?

CIV IV not working with my ATI RADEON I had at the time. Needed to manually decompile the videos so it would run. Lucky I knew how to do it...

IL2: Pacific Fighters took several months to release patches that included the flyable Betty that was listed on the box.

X3 - Horrible experience with that one. Ended up rebuying it once the patches came out though.

The patch will come out eventually. The sad thing is that every game needs patches nowadays.. what happened to beta testing?

Anyone who buys a new game before the first patch is a Beta Tester! You paid for the privilege!

at least we dont need to make boot disks anymore hehe, like in the bad old days... O dear i'm showin my age now

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Load "?",8,1

Originally Posted by chip5541
    Load "?",8,1
    haha - those were the days. Look at that tape fly!

Will we see any info on the patch this week?

Smile patch

1- i think Eidos should add a (swear mute) to the patch i had enuff
    of ppl swearin at newbe in the room. it not on and it not fair.

2- Eidos can you plz add more speed to the planes returnin to land
    i see most ppl r crashin there planes into ships then they r returnin to there base to. more speed would be ok

3-i like to see eidos add a point server more points you get the more you can get to pick a better ship to unlock in online

can befrom new stuff like

guns < firin all the guns at the same time
    torps < faster torps
    planes < scout planes
    ships < ammo ships to repair ships you can call for
    sailors < faster repair

THX for takin ur time to read my post

Some statements I fully disagree Ravenofnight.

First of all, faster planes when going home. If they crash their planes then they're simply depleating them and if you're a good AA user, you're simply depleating them and putting them without planes. Makes them think twice before crashing their planes. I would suggest to decrease the limit of the avaiable planes or a host option where you decide the amount of avaiable planes!

Faster torpedos, they're already faster then in real as also faster then the PT boat. so does it has to go faster. Shoot further in front and spread the torps and you've got some insured hits. This is what's been called Skill.

The repair ship, I bet if this is in, I think it's a primary target when leaving the shipyard and doesnt get the abillity to reach your damage/unarmed vessel. Returning to ship for re-arm and maybe repair would do the stuff, therefor no more sailors are required. Btw, in battlemode a real battleship has also the avaiable men on their spots.

What I would like to see is tbh, either fight intenser or else tactical intense maps and far more different objectives then instead of destroying shipyards/airfields and some vessels/fleets.
    . =VTF= - Virtual Task Force
    Recruiting for Battlestations Midway in the EU. contact me for more info.
    . Proud Hoster off: =VTF= Euro Full -- 4v4 -- Retail!
    (Stationed in Belgium @ 6Mbps/600Kbps)

Now kick But and leave yer toenails!

Just in responce
    Not so sure about making toprs faster, id prefer ships stop/accelerate slower would make torps more effective.

Same damage control in my opinion is way powerful as it is. You do know about the R key (PC) I would be advocating slowing down repairs a bit (see below)

But its a free world an we got different opinions and you were so polite as well hehe and I sure agree with the idea of freeing up slots for landing planes., crashing them on purpose to do so imo is very lame tactic. Maybe Formations can be set to autodisband after bombin/torp or something.

My wish list would be...

Host able to see Pings of Players who join there servers, at least in lobby, in game would be sweet as well.

Customizable forces for maps, maybe host could set these when they set up a game. So you could change what was buildable at shipyards and Air assets and how many you could build. All who joined could see what was set and thus if they didnt like it or felt it was unbalanced just join another server.

Free camera view for airfields and Shipyards, maybe able to direct AA fire like for Ships and heavy bombers.

Maybe slowing down repair a bit in particular flooding repair, a slight delay before you can stop leaks. So light cruisers cant cop 8 torps and only suffer 25% damage if three men already on pumps.

Maps more map must have more maps please.. A map editor would be a nice way to generate the afore mention gooodies.

Plus all the networkin issues that im sure edios is well into already fixen.

In my opionion this is an awsome game, if a little short for SP but thats another story/post and I have pretty good faith that the developers will resist the publishers desire to milk a cash cow and offer good support (and value addonns) into the future.

Thnx all who bother reading my Dyslexic dyatribe

Originally Posted by Dogmeatz
    Host able to see Pings of Players who join there servers, at least in lobby, in game would be sweet as well.
    I think instead of ping that response time would be better. Cause a ping is just a simple reply back from the other system whilst response is bit more complicater. So we could decide to remove a person with a response time to ensure a better Gameplay for all!
    . =VTF= - Virtual Task Force
    Recruiting for Battlestations Midway in the EU. contact me for more info.
    . Proud Hoster off: =VTF= Euro Full -- 4v4 -- Retail!
    (Stationed in Belgium @ 6Mbps/600Kbps)

Now kick But and leave yer toenails!

Well, another week down, and still no real news yet on a patch. This has to be the longest 4 weeks I have ever seen.

The longer the wait, the better the patch , as they say

Originally Posted by Dogmeatz
    Just in responce
    Not so sure about making toprs faster, id prefer ships stop/accelerate slower would make torps more effective.

Same damage control in my opinion is way powerful as it is. You do know about the R key (PC) I would be advocating slowing down repairs a bit (see below)

But its a free world an we got different opinions and you were so polite as well hehe and I sure agree with the idea of freeing up slots for landing planes., crashing them on purpose to do so imo is very lame tactic. Maybe Formations can be set to autodisband after bombin/torp or something.

My wish list would be...

Customizable forces for maps, maybe host could set these when they set up a game. So you could change what was buildable at shipyards and Air assets and how many you could build. All who joined could see what was set and thus if they didnt like it or felt it was unbalanced just join another server.

Free camera view for airfields and Shipyards, maybe able to direct AA fire like for Ships and heavy bombers.

Maybe slowing down repair a bit in particular flooding repair, a slight delay before you can stop leaks. So light cruisers cant cop 8 torps and only suffer 25% damage if three men already on pumps.

Maps more map must have more maps please.. A map editor would be a nice way to generate the afore mention gooodies.

Plus all the networkin issues that im sure edios is well into already fixen.

In my opionion this is an awsome game, if a little short for SP but thats another story/post and I have pretty good faith that the developers will resist the publishers desire to milk a cash cow and offer good support (and value addonns) into the future.

Thnx all who bother reading my Dyslexic dyatribe
    how about just making multiplay a playable experienece with out having to have a degree in computer science........

Originally Posted by airguard79
    how about just making multiplay a playable experienece with out having to have a degree in computer science........

Sorry you are having problems getting online. After doing a quick course on port forwarding from portforwarding.com ive had no problems hosting or joining games.

If all else fails if you router has DMZ function, just turn that on when playing BS:M and that should sort out any port conflict stuff. (Remember to turn off after thou )

Thanks for the input I will try that. I agree with your suggestions also. Except the slow down damage control part. It keeps the game going longer even though it makes it harder for submarines to do there job. I think they need to limit the amount of depth charges you can drop from destroyers though. or up the amount of torps carried by subs....

uh................................

Another week bites the dust, with zero customisable features or gameplay assets BSM is starting to wear out its welcome on my hard-drive much as I love it....

as said repeatidly...

Fix joystick support so people can use their joysticks... Like many I have the X52 rig. After spending $150 on it and have it work perfectly in every other game, including Pacific Storm, there is no reason I should have to go out and buy another joystick just for this game.

If you arent going to add functional Joystick support, please atleast tell us how and where to return the game for a refund.

Originally Posted by chip5541
    Load "?",8,1
    A few of my 1982 brain cells are still around, wasn't it: LOAD "*",8,1 and go make lunch?

You guys think this was a long wait? Try Pacific Storm. Delayed several months. Then the patch took another 6 months or so to come out. And it's still not fixed!

Originally Posted by Lord_Zath
    You guys think this was a long wait? Try Pacific Storm. Delayed several months. Then the patch took another 6 months or so to come out. And it's still not fixed!
    One company's bad business practices are no excuse for anothers.

Yeah, and Pacific Storm was a complete game, not a fraction of one. Also Pacific Storm's devs/publisher isnt trying to sell the remainder of the game via DLC.

sooo..........its the Monday of the next work week....c'mon guys, something...anything...HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE THERE!?!?!?!

And the last post at the site http://www.battlestations.net/home/ is from Jan 25th announcing the PC demo. It's becoming easy to lose interest in this game.

Originally Posted by Tex Vindictive
    And the last post at the site http://www.battlestations.net/home/ is from Jan 25th announcing the PC demo. It's becoming easy to lose interest in this game.
    Yeah it'll be 2 months a week from now, its a real shame this thing seems like its goin to waste...I hope not

Page 5 of 9 First First 123456789 Last