Page 4 of 9 First First 12345678 ... Last

Thread: Patch news

Patch news

Will password servers be included in the patch, if not why

*sigh* please someone tell me the patch is gonna be out soon. Its been 3 weeks and I have nothing to do with this game....I won't even start.

In the first post it said about 4 weeks.

Originally Posted by david72
    While we are on the subject my first computer was a speccy 48k rubber keyboard job that I ended up taking to bits and turning into a spectrum +, after that it was the 128k version with the built on tape machine. Anyway for a patch yes I would love to clear up the server issues as I can connect to start with but then get booted fom the system and have trouble relogging on however I would also like to see an offline skirmish mode as well as I think the single player missions are a little short, that said I really like the game as it is different from all the other base build R.T.S's out there.
    same here although i took the inerds out and put it in one of those big white keyboards they made for the specky before i got the 128 lol

Jed UK

You guys really need to fix the connection issues. i get a message that says connection lost 100% of the time when joining a multiplayer game. also it needs a skirmish game mode for single player.

Originally Posted by SKEEA
    You guys really need to fix the connection issues. i get a message that says connection lost 100% of the time when joining a multiplayer game. also it needs a skirmish game mode for single player.

lol, welcome to the forums, I wish it was a slightly more positive place. Look around General MSB and you'll see there's various "issues" we're dealing with.

Thanks

Thanks CHIP for the update. Maybe Keir could update us as to when we might expect a patch? Any information would be helpful at this point.
    Thanks.

Originally Posted by zycore
    Its a EVGA brand. It has nothing to do with the Video card. The game disables your screen saver and Power settings so your screen saver wont go on when your playing or your monitor wont auto power off while gaming. The game should enable thoses settings when the game is closed. The problem is it dose not. I have read other people having the same problem. They need to patch the game to correct this problem. Thanks for your concern.

The demo did not have this problem for me. I am talking about the full game. DVD.
    I wish I have found this earlier... Too bad I'm mostly in the "General" section of the forum. I have the EXACT same issue and I did not know where it is coming from. No screensaver, no POWERSAVE for the monitor.
    It never occurred to me that BS:M caused it, although now thinking back it started after I installed the retail version of BS:M.
    I have an ATI X1900XT card, WinXP SP2.

Anyways, thanks for the info!
    Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

Chip, Keir,

Its been almost 4 weeks now, any developments?

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Not much news on the weekend.

Weekend over

Originally Posted by chip5541
    It is monday now . Maybe someone could try and find out whats going on in the patch department. Thanks

ps. In3ll3g3nc3 your welcome

mouse sensitivity

From all the posts, there seems to be great a growing player base, i only ask that the mouse sensitivity issue be addressed, way to hard to look around. TY and i hope this game gets the attention it deserves.

for the love of monkeyheads please Keir tell us something is happening! from what I can tell the only reason the DLC was delayed was because the dev team was wiped off the face of the earth in one ginormous horrendous bubble-gum blowing accident and their trying to find replacements...I'm going mad!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by chip5541
    It's Tuesday now only 3 more days till it's the weekend again
    any chance we can get a update

Thanks

Patience guys.
    I can't list the number of games that have come out with massive problems and have had to have huge amounts of patch work done to them.

What im looking for is mostly improved multiplayer performance and Microsoft Sidewinder joystick drivers :P
    and MAPS
    MORE MAPS MORE MAPS MORE MAPS.
    Single player could get really boring after awhile ><

anything!!!

I would be happy to at least be able to play single player right now. I cant even do that without crashing. Its like buying a kid a new bike and telling him he cant ride it. Or worse making him buy it himself and he cant ride it!!!

Originally Posted by buzzard
    I would be happy to at least be able to play single player right now. I cant even do that without crashing. Its like buying a kid a new bike and telling him he cant ride it. Or worse making him buy it himself and he cant ride it!!!

I would have to say a patch probably would not help you. If the game is crashing or not starting up at all it is most likely a driver issue or your video card is to old to be able to handle the game. I do not know your systems specs so this is just a shot in the dark. Try updating all your drivers and make sure you uninstal the old ones corectly (driver cleaner)

Good Luck.

Ps. it is wednesday and on two more days till the weekend Still no word on the patch Maybe if we ask for some news on Friday we will get the "no information on the weekend" speach

Originally Posted by Keir
    It can be tricky, but thankfully that isn't the problem here. I'll always give you a straight answer one way or another - but as I say it needs to go through the appropriate channels first, no news is sometimes good news

I'll keep you posted.

In other news, the patch for the PC version is in QA, and I should be able to make some details public about that in the next week or so.
    from another thread.

"The squeaky wheel gets the oil" as my dad used to say. Thanks for the update.

Never a problem. i'm here to help.

Updated drivers for joysticks, pretty please?

May we expect an expanded support for decent joysticks? Itching to fly planes properly.

yup

Yup it was a driver issue , and a duel core issue , switch to a single core proccesser , and update my vid driver , works perfect in single player , multiplayer still an issue

Lightbulb Just Bought the Game

Guys,
    I must be one of the lucky ones so far.I have installed the DVD verions on my PC:

Gateway GT5414E
    AMD Athon(tm) 64x2 Dual Core 4600+2.40 Ghz
    2046 MG Ram, 32 bit OPS with Vista Home Premium
    has GeForce 6150SE on board graphics
    Had installed GeForce 7900 gs, 256mb,GDDR3 PCI express card.

I have updated to the latest drivers from Nvidia version 101.41 winvista_32 bit english drivers.

I have also the Gateway 22 in LCD monitor. I have had no problems with screen saver or power settings that I have noticed. I have had no crashes. I did notice that this game was designed for the higher end machines out there.

I think that when you buy the a computer game is to read the the specs on the box. I have not yet tried online play.
    I do have broadband which is recommend.

I do have my lower end machine a E-machine T2245, 2.20 GHz celeron, 1 gig ram, XP HOME sp2,and a Geforce FX 5500 oc 256mb ram. I have not yet tested this game on it yet.

The main reason I went to a better machine was that I new from experience that future games were going to need a more powerful machine. That sooner or later XP and this last generation of computers would not be able to support the new games coming out using dual core and vista.

If you want I could post my entire specs of my new machine as reported by Everest Program.

What I would like to see in future updates:
    1. larger maps with land and sea search capabilities. Lets face one fact this game was designed for the battleship enthusiasts not a carrier enthusiasts or sub enthusiasts. So I doubt if I will see the game move in a carrier or sub direction. I would like to see and expansion that would cover:
    1. ablility to launch all a aircraft fom land bases or carriers, limited by fuel and range.
    2. Land and sea searches on a strategic map, simplified as to what was used in Avalon Hill"s Midway using grids and zones.
    3. better cockpit model in the vain of Aces over the Pacific
    4. a sub model and play at least that was used in Wolfpack , would prefer Silent Service 2 model.
    5. Add the Atlantic for the early and late war.

Then I would say you would have a perfect naval game of WWII. I guess this carrier and sub enthusiast can only dream. Something for the designers toi think about.

One last thing a modable version of this game. Games that are modable are more durable and by far more saleable and have a greater following.

so....uh....its been 6 weeks since the patch was announced, care to throw us a bone Eidos?

why would they?
    They're a huge multinational corporation.
    Why would they care about us?

Page 4 of 9 First First 12345678 ... Last