Page 3 of 9 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Patch news

Patch news

Would appreciate anyhelp with constants crashes in single player. I do nto eblieve it has anythign to do with unsigned audio drivers because I uninstalled them and it still would crash. Thank you.

System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 2/16/2007, 10:31:47
    Machine name: TIMOTHY-2F38F93
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Dell DXG051
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A06
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 2044MB RAM
    Page File: 966MB used, 3342MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: The file ctaud2k.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    Sound Tab 2: The file ctaud2k.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 7800 GTX
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0091&SUBSYS_02F810DE&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 520 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 248 MB
    Shared Memory: 271 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
    Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvapi.dll
    Driver Version: 7.15.0010.9746 (English)
    DDI Version: 9Ex
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 12/8/2006 04:25:00, 3061352 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-43D1-11CF-7C55-F22201C2CA35}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x0091
    SubSys ID: 0x02F810DE
    Revision ID: 0x00A1
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_B ModeVC1_A ModeWMV9_B ModeWMV9_A

Originally Posted by BreakYoSelf
    Would appreciate anyhelp with constants crashes in single player. I do nto eblieve it has anythign to do with unsigned audio drivers because I uninstalled them and it still would crash. Thank you.

System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 2/16/2007, 10:31:47
    Machine name: TIMOTHY-2F38F93
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Dell DXG051
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A06
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 2044MB RAM
    Page File: 966MB used, 3342MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: The file ctaud2k.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    Sound Tab 2: The file ctaud2k.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 7800 GTX
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0091&SUBSYS_02F810DE&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 520 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 248 MB
    Shared Memory: 271 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
    Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvapi.dll
    Driver Version: 7.15.0010.9746 (English)
    DDI Version: 9Ex
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 12/8/2006 04:25:00, 3061352 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-43D1-11CF-7C55-F22201C2CA35}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x0091
    SubSys ID: 0x02F810DE
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_B ModeVC1_A ModeWMV9_B ModeWMV9_A
    Humm.. this is a PATCH NEWS thread, not a bug report... don't mix it all up...
    BlackLotus
    Gamespy ID: Ticker | Gamespot ID: Ehxo

Ya its a patch thread but to still try and help you out...
    Do you have XP installed too? The game will run much better if you run it from XP.

If you don't you may be missing some DX9 files that don't come with Vista. Go download the most recent DX9 and let it run. It won't overwrite dx10 files, it will only add what it sees as missing. Your also using an older Nvidia driver. There is a new one posted 3 days ago, you can find it here.
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.64.html

Vista drivers aren't matured yet. It's best to keep an eye out for new drivers.
    Also, you can right click the battlestations.exe file and make sure you run it as administrator and in xp sp2 comp mode. I can run it fine in Vista it's just too slow. I will go try it with the latest drivers to test it again.

Will the patch have password on the server option

MaxKarnage

Thank you very much. It worked. I had actually already downloaded the NVIDIA driver the day before and the game still did not play. But followed your advice and downloaded DX9 and now game runs perfect. I had actually pulled one Direct X .dll file initially to get the game to start but I did run the whole download. So as far as trouble shooting for helping others looks like the DX9 is the key.

Thanks agian, off to play the game now.

Break

Originally Posted by imnotcanadian
    Will the demo be patchable?
    Anybody? I'm just curious...if its not going to be one of those patchable demos,then I'll go ahead and uninstall it.

Originally Posted by imnotcanadian
    Anybody? I'm just curious...if its not going to be one of those patchable demos,then I'll go ahead and uninstall it.
    uninstall it then, we dont care about you

Originally Posted by whoopy91
    He means he'll uninstall it now to install the patched demo later... no need to be a hater...
    BlackLotus

Was the LAN bug mentioned to the developers (the full game seems to crash when trying to do a lan game and the only way to fix it is to switch it with the demo's exe). This obviously won't work after a patch is applied, so it's important to have it fixed.

Joystick Settings

Will the patch include a fix for the Joystick settings? I still have not been able to get my Logitech or Sidewinder USB joysticks to work.

Hosea

Originally Posted by whoopy91
    And nobody asked of your opinion either.

Originally Posted by BlackLotus
    He means he'll uninstall it now to install the patched demo later... no need to be a hater...
    But yes,thats what I meant.

Originally Posted by hoseab
    Will the patch include a fix for the Joystick settings? I still have not been able to get my Logitech or Sidewinder USB joysticks to work.

Hosea
    What's wrong with it? If it's always setting the key to the same thing when you try to customize one, it's because you have an axis that is not at the "Neutral" or 'center" position. If your joystick has a Throttle for instance, make sure it's set to the middle or the game will detect that it's either set to +Throttle or -Throttle
    BlackLotus

It seems several joysticks (Thrustmaster Cougar, Saitek X-52) are not recognized at all.

Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
    It seems several joysticks (Thrustmaster Cougar, Saitek X-52) are not recognized at all.
    Have you actually tested this yourself or you're basing your facts on some people that said they couldn't get theirs to work?

I have a Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold USB joystick and I was able to configure it manually just fine after I set my Throttle to the "idle" position... As for the X-52 and the like (Joystick with separate Throttle controller and/or pedals) that's different story. You may be able to configure the stick itself, but I don't think you'll get the rest to work. Those usually only work with advanced simulation games that especially support the stick. Otherwise, use the programmable software and you should be able to emulate the buttons it can't map, no?
    BlackLotus

Where?

Where is the fooken patch?!!! I have not played this game since I instaled it. The game disables my Screen saver and disables the ability to turn my LCD monitor off automaticaly. So if I play the game and forget to reset my screen saver and power settings or just turn off the LCD then my LCD will get ruind with a burnt in image. Till this is patched I will not play this buggy game.

this sucks

zycore, what brand video card are you using? It must be something in your settings, because I running the same thing you are. P4 3.0 HT, 2GB, and the viddy card is a BFG GeForce 7800 OC 256MB. The game was running since day one of the demo on my machine. Hope you resolve this soon. I remember when BF2 first came out and I had to turn off the HT, but the next patch fixed it. But I never had trouble with BS:M on this machine.

Its a EVGA brand. It has nothing to do with the Video card. The game disables your screen saver and Power settings so your screen saver wont go on when your playing or your monitor wont auto power off while gaming. The game should enable thoses settings when the game is closed. The problem is it dose not. I have read other people having the same problem. They need to patch the game to correct this problem. Thanks for your concern.

The demo did not have this problem for me. I am talking about the full game. DVD.

You know what Zycore,your right,I run seti@home as a screensaver and every time I play the game (which isnt much anymore ) even though I turn seti off (the program itself not the screensaver),it wont start back up unless I reset the properties.

yup I also have the problem.

Some patch upadte news would be nice. Maybe someone (Moderator) could update us on the progres of the patch?

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Since today is Friday and it is already late in teh UK more than likely we won't have any news until monday. The 360 news has been updated with new content coming soon so I would imagine the PC should be at the same time or shortly there abouts.

Originally Posted by chip5541
    Since today is Friday and it is already late in teh UK more than likely we won't have any news until monday. The 360 news has been updated with new content coming soon so I would imagine the PC should be at the same time or shortly there abouts.
    "You would imagine"? Sorry, mate but aren't you some kind of moderator on these boards? One "would imagine" you're in direct contant with the developers and might ask them a thing or two, no?

Moderators aren't necessarily part of the dev team. Keir would likely know all about this though.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Thats true. I moderate the forum. I don't have direct contact with teh devs. Keir said that as soon as he hears something then he will post it. He has made note of the concerns and the comments posted on this and other boards and has forwarded them to teh devs. That is all I can say ATM.

hose, i had that too with my joystick, solution was real simple though, change USB port (this game ESPECIALLY does not like usb hubs)

Page 3 of 9 First First 1234567 ... Last